rock bus

Seriously thinking we should get Farke back!

I’m biased as he is my favourite manager for a long time but I’m honestly not joking when I suggest we should bring him back.

• No one has a better championship record than him
  • he knows the style of football he wants to play
  • he brings on young players
  • has knowledge of European market and football
  • he bleeds yellow and green
  • he’s charismatic 
  • even when we are losing he engages with the fans
  • majority of fans still love him

i know know there’s an argument that Smith hasn’t been given a reasonable crack and should be given the chance to assemble a squad but I’m just not convinced by him. We’re not playing any better, team selection is awful (McLean/Gilmour every time), not inspiring players, doesn’t seem to be getting fans engaged.

Am I mad or should we give Daniel a call?

Edited by rock bus
  • Like 10
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, rock bus said:

should we give Daniel a call?

We should.

We won't. 

Unless Adams grows a pair whilst Webber is 8,000m from sea level and can't get involved.

Would take him back in a heartbeat over the non-entity that is Smith. Will never happen though...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

It’s not happening and shouldn’t happen IMO.

Never go back, Farke did overall a great job getting us two Championships but he’d took us as far as it looked like he could and his PL record was terrible, we severed ties and you move on.

If Smith doesn’t work we look for someone else. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Farke has gone, it's over.

We need to sack the clown that made the decision to sack him, who then went on to appoint a coach who is quickly becoming quite clueless.

But we won't. The cozy club is in full swing, jobs for the boys and fcuk you I'm going mountaineering.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I wish Daniel had never been sacked but I hated what was happening as the fans in the stadium began to turn. Webber probably saved him to such an extent he can now be wished back where as lots of fans still don't have a good word to say about Worthy.

However I've seen nothing to suggest Deano was the right choice to turn the season round. Perhaps he's the right choice long-term? Time will tell...

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

That's it. We need more and more sackings. That'll sort it out.

Works for Watford right? Just sack your manager and relace him every two months works fine they are winning every match and are in the top six!

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Haha 2

How long before Martin/Culverhouse/Hoolahan partnership takes us to Div1

9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I wish Daniel had never been sacked but I hated what was happening as the fans in the stadium began to turn. Webber probably saved him to such an extent he can now be wished back where as lots of fans still don't have a good word to say about Worthy.

However I've seen nothing to suggest Deano was the right choice to turn the season round. Perhaps he's the right choice long-term? Time will tell...

Yeah I didnt like losing Farke but some of the fans attitude towards him was starting to be pretty disrespectful and Webber acted swiftly. 

I was more keen on Deano in his opening stages of manager here than I am now.

• Like 2

A scenario where we don’t start well next season , the existing directors go back to recent successes, and Farke is available.

It really isn’t so unimaginable. 

Deano took Villa up after Bruce had had his now familiar run of poor form. It shouldn’t be forgotten that Villa went up in the playoffs with Mings , McGinn, Grealish , Abraham and El Ghazi in the starting 11 at Wembley . 
Smith won’t have anything like that advantage next year in the Chumps. I can’t see how Teemu fits with a Smith Championship style . 

Until they paint over Daniel's mural that's on the external wall of the 'Fat Cat and Canary'......There's still hope of his return....

'OINK!'......"WHOOSH!"......

11 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I don't hate Worthy at all and I was fully aboard the sack him train at the time. Time heals in these situations and it would have with Lambert until he did the unthinkable. 

1 minute ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

I don't hate Worthy at all and I was fully aboard the sack him train at the time. Time heals in these situations and it would have with Lambert until he did the unthinkable. 

You might not but he still gets nominated for worst manager ever!

26 minutes ago, rock bus said:

I’m biased as he is my favourite manager for a long time but I’m honestly not joking when I suggest we should bring him back.

• he’s charismatic 

i know know there’s an argument that Smith hasn’t been given a reasonable crack and should be given the chance to assemble a squad but I’m just not convinced by him. We’re not playing any better, team selection is awful (McLean/Gilmour every time), not inspiring players, doesn’t seem to be getting fans engaged.

I'm with you, but it's not going to happen. We're stuck with this nonentity until we are hovering over the relegation zone next season and we finally sack him.

Just now, nutty nigel said:

Then people are being very unfair on him! It ended very badly with Worthy and he undoubtedly out-stayed his welcome, but he gave us some great times - play off finals from nowhere, Huckerby, Crouch and Harper, Division One title, Man Utd win. I remember him fondly but he had a real stubborn streak which was part of his downfall IMO.

• Like 1

No Manager can survive 2 relegations from the PL in 3 seasons.

They said they had learned lessons but it rapidly turned into a "Whoops I Did It Again" situation.

And I wonder if anyone at Carrow Road really cares.

Doesn't matter what Manager we have next season because we just don't have, and we ain't gonna have, the quality of players that we had in Farke's 2 promotion seasons.

That's where it all went wrong.

Look at the quality and depth of the squads we had in the 2 seasons when we got promoted and then look at the dross we have now.

27 minutes ago, rock bus said:

• he’s charismatic 

. Or a worse PL record than him

. He knows his style of football and is too stubborn to change when it doesn't work in the PL

.His knowledge of the European market has cost us millions in European duds

. His blood is red just like any other past manager

. He's a decent bloke I grant you, we love him but his record in the PL was 100% sackable

I was vocal about Farkes time being up when he was sacked, if I'd realise quite what a balls up Webber would make of his replacement I'd have kept quiet. Now I can't be arsed to get upset at such a nonentity of a manager being here and have just accepted the days of medicrocy and lower end Championship football will be returning. 

Until there's changes further up the food chain there's no point bleating on about managers. 

11 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

By who? I'm not saying that's not true but I've literally never heard anyone say Worthy was worse than the Gunns and Grants of this world. 

• Like 1

Farke is without question one of our best coaches/managers of recent times, but I'm not convinced bringing him back is the right thing to do. Too much water has passed under the bridge, the relationship between him and Webber could never be the same and he risks ruining the positive memories we have of him. 

Smith doesn't fit Norwich. I like him but it's an odd fit, just something doesn't feel right about his appointment at all. He really wasn't what we needed.

If we were going to get rid of Farke and had Knutsen in mind, we should have just waited and signed Knutsen when available surely?!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Only by idiots Nutty, and we should pay them no heed.

Hamilton, Grant and Roeder all easily go down ahead of him. If as a manager only, poor old Bryan Gunn probably has to get a mention too as loath as I am to do it.

In terms of performances and squeezing the most out of limited groups of players - small squads and finances etc, you would have to say he out performed Rioch and the likes of Alex Neil too.

And actually, bar Lambert and Houghton, also took us the closest to staying up. One goal, two points, a draw into a win would have done it. I think we would have still struggled in that 2nd season due to the age of our squad, but we were so close. We drew too many games that season. And had he been granted his wish of Ashton in the summer, there is no doubt we would have had another season in the Premier League. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

No Manager can survive 2 relegations from the PL in 3 seasons.

But a Sporting Director can?

2 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Smith doesn't fit Norwich. I like him but it's an odd fit, just something doesn't feel right about his appointment at all. He really wasn't what we needed.

If we were going to get rid of Farke and had Knutsen in mind, we should have just waited and signed Knutsen when available surely?!

I'm not sure. I can see the logic. We were two powderpuff.

We could land punches but they were never strong enough to do anything. At the same time when we were punched we had a glass jaw.

I think it's clear to see that Smith and Shakespear have us lined up better defensively. At times we have been much closer in games than we had previously been.

As for Farke, the issue this season hasn't been a strange transition from tippy-tappy football to Pulis-esque play it up to the big lad, it's been that Farke actually made that step away from passing first football. We chucked the 4-2-3-1 in the bin. We moved to hitting balls longer more frequently. We did that off the summer of signing players seemingly bought to continue the 4-2-3-1...

We did that with one of the toughest opening set of four fixtures you could have asked for on the back of one of the most useless pre-seasons due to covid.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

By who? I'm not saying that's not true but I've literally never heard anyone say Worthy was worse than the Gunns and Grants of this world. 

Well I'm not going to search the threads so believe me or not makes no odds to me.

I think Hamilton was the worst. Then Grant, Roeder., Megson...

4 minutes ago, mrdi said:

But a Sporting Director can?

Sadly, yes. He can even make his job part-time while he climbs mountains.