Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Dean Smith - a point nearer safety !

Obviously a point against a struggling  Brighton is not a point nearer safety when you have 8 games left. Getting just a point in that situation only makes our situation more dire.

That statement actually says a lot about how we approached that game. You could see from the way we played in the second half that we were very happy to take a draw.

I really can't get behind him. He's not Norwich City; just a temporary imposter picking up a paycheck. The longer he's here, the more damage he is going to do.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

How else would you expect him to speak?  You want him to give up the battle? 

Well it looks like a few members of the current squad seem to have....Are they conscientious football objectors?..... 

5 minutes ago, The Bunny said:

Obviously a point against a struggling  Brighton is not a point nearer safety when you have 8 games left. Getting just a point in that situation only makes our situation more dire.

That statement actually says a lot about how we approached that game. You could see from the way we played in the second half that we were very happy to take a draw.

Of course it is. Until it's mathematically Impossible.

Is it a point further away then? If it's not a point nearer then can you do what I could never do at school and show me the working out?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I really can't get behind him. He's not Norwich City; just a temporary imposter picking up a paycheck. The longer he's here, the more damage he is going to do.

We need to get behind him as he tries to make a competitive team out of the c##p Webber bought in..

He needs the same time as Farke got...

All depends on the Everton result tomorrow to see if its a point nearer safety as opposed to 2 points further away if we're being honest 

• Like 1

I reckon that party line was the only one he could take.  If we were close to suriving or mid table, a clean sheet and a draw would be okay. 

I don’t mind Smith hanging on for a miracle. However, what I have a big problem with, is Rob Butler and the rest of the planks Radio Norfolk talking as though we’re still in with a shout. Those idiots are a big part of the problem. Not holding the Board to account and instead, pretending that we’re still battling. 

Edited by Kingston Yellow

Wasn't Farke sacked because he stopped believing he could galvanise the team to win games in the Premier league.

6 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

All depends on the Everton result tomorrow to see if its a point nearer safety as opposed to 2 points further away if we're being honest 

Indeed. It's a point nearer today but may be 2 further away tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I would rather he told the truth.

It's a point neither here nor there.

17 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Is it a point further away then? If it's not a point nearer then can you do what I could never do at school and show me the working out?

It's two points further away. Where else are the requisite 5 wins going to come from? 

16 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Before 3pm we needed more than a point a game from our last 9 matches.

We only got a point, so the points required per game has risen, so it's not a point further away, but our odds on surviving lengthened from their already insanely long odds.

• Thanks 1

Points make prizes. Every point counts with our survival in the Premiership, do we really want to be playing in the inferior Championship next season? We have our pride to consider. Onwards and upwards.

After the way we played for a draw today, I get the feeling the powers that be - Delia, Webber and Smith - just want to get to 22 points, one more than we got under Farke two years ago. Then they can argue that we're progressing and nothing needs to change.

Only got a point because of Brighton's utterly woeful finishing. Every other team in this league beats us in that game. 

The penalty miss sums it up for them.

The game was appalling. 

Why even keep going on about survival! We’re only averaging 0.6 points per game, we need to double that just to catch up to Everton, that’s if they don’t pick up anymore points!

The reality is Smith should be focusing on next season, Normann has already indicated he doesn’t want to be here next year, get him out the team, Kabak is out now so he’s gone,  Why not send Gilmour back, better off playing Sorensen or one of the youth products to give them the taste of top flight! Utterly pointless by Smith I’d much rather he came out with we’ll give it our best but we need to be realistic and look to next season.

Edited by Indy

Dean Smith and Norwich isn’t a good fit. We have totally lost all the identity we had built under Farke and we are now playing something that doesn’t even resemble football. The players and coaching staff (bar Krul and Hanley) should be totally embarrassed by that performance and should donate their wages to charity. Utterly carp.

• Like 1

Just lip service!

While its mathematiclly possible to stay up Smith wouldn't be doing his job if he publicly threw in the towell!

He knows probably better than most of us that theirs more chance of winning the lottery jackpot than Norwich staying up!

41 minutes ago, Alfie54 said:

We were awful, on another day that could have been a heavy defeat

Yep, with DF in charge it would have been.

4 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

So many angry and spitting feathers because we didn't lose and are a point nearer safety.

It sounds like you watched it on the Radio Double N. It was honestly one of the worst performances of the season. Brighton were woeful and we didn't trouble them at all. Hence the feather spitting. Deano told us on Thursday we had to play better. And we were worse. Hence more feathers spat out. And then to claim the point nearer safety when that was all he was playing for meant even more feathers.

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

It sounds like you watched it on the Radio Double N. It was honestly one of the worst performances of the season. Brighton were woeful and we didn't trouble them at all. Hence the feather spitting. Deano told us on Thursday we had to play better. And we were worse. Hence more feathers spat out. And then to claim the point nearer safety when that was all he was playing for meant even more feathers.

Your bird must be bald by now, all those feathers you’ve been spitting KG 😂😂💛💚