His best game for us in the league by some way. Used his strength well and made inroads into the West ham defence several times and put in a great shot when he earned himself a clear chance on goal. Looks like SAS are starting to get him going! Good game.

• Like 10

Agreed, by far his best match this season.

A positive to take out of the match and hopefully something he can build upon against Everton.

Yup, hope he hasn’t taken a knock that keeps him out, it looked like he was ‘feeing’ himself a bit. Was easily his best game, it’s about time we had some positives.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Yes very positive performance which hopefully he can build on. He's much better without Sargent getting in the way. Doesn't link up awfully well with Teemu but hopefully it will come.

Can he be the guy to turn our season around Lakey? 😜

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

His best game for us in the league by some way. Used his strength well and made inroads into the West ham defence several times and put in a great shot when he earned himself a clear chance on goal. Looks like SAS are starting to get him going! Good game.

Will be a great asset in the championship next season 

• Like 1

Was he actually decent tonight? I don’t entirely trust the assessment I got from Radio Norfolk… Was anyone commenting above actually watching the match live or on a stream - I’d be interested to hear an assessment based on that.

1 minute ago, Grando said:

Was he actually decent tonight? I don’t entirely trust the assessment I got from Radio Norfolk… Was anyone commenting above actually watching the match live or on a stream - I’d be interested to hear an assessment based on that.

Thought Norwich were poor tonight, but the Idah had a bit about him. Burned Diop for pace a few times which you don't see often. Big frame on him as well, got to think at 20 he could be someone Moyes could try and develop if we could nick him.

West Ham forum say all 🙂

49 minutes ago, Grando said:

I did ,  it was a decent performance.  Much more like it. Held ball up well, looked more confident and used space wisely. Nearly scored. 

9 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Just what we need this season, his scoring record on par with Sargent, oh well.

A lot less game time. 

54 minutes ago, Grando said:

Yes he was, strong, linked play, couple of decent crosses and created himself a chance.  I thought he was good, and affected the game.

I was at the game tonight and wrote Idah off before the game - then he puts in a stellar performance. Cracking shot and couple of clever spins, with good hold up play too.

If he can keep that up then we've got to keep two up top for the foreseeable future! 

He was alright. The best of a sh*t bunch. 

There was a golden opportunity to thread a ball through to Pukki he missed though. I think it was mid 2nd half. Needs to grow better awareness of the players around him. 

I have been the biggest critic of Idah. I had been told at youth team level he bullied other players but this can happen when a player is his size at a young age. Tonight, he looked like a player. He really amazed me. Where has that come from. All game, using the ball, holding it up and the chance he made for himself. Now it's one game but finally I have seen him as a football player rather than a lump. He has gone up in my expectations. 

1 hour ago, Canaries north said:

I have been the biggest critic of Idah. I had been told at youth team level he bullied other players but this can happen when a player is his size at a young age. Tonight, he looked like a player. He really amazed me. Where has that come from. All game, using the ball, holding it up and the chance he made for himself. Now it's one game but finally I have seen him as a football player rather than a lump. He has gone up in my expectations. 

He played a few games like that at international level, most notably in the game against Portugal. I think his physicality and decent touch make him perfect for the Premier league, but he just needs to sort out his composure with the final ball and in front of goal. He has all the attributes to be a very good player, I think with the right coach he'll develop well

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Well b back said:

Just what we need this season, his scoring record on par with Sargent, oh well.

IMO, that's not fair. 1) He has had a fraction of the game time Sargent has been given this season; 2) He created that chance for himself with a good mazy run, hit an excellent shot, and was denied by a first-class fingertip save. The day I see Sargent do anything like that is the day I see my first flying pig.

I know one swallow (or flying pig) doesn't make a summer, but he has been almost universally recognised as our MOM and surely deserves some game time now rather than five minutes at the end of games.

Can someone explain why Idah has been getting hate? To me he is still very young and has all the attributes to be a top player. Big strong quick good touch skilful can hold the ball and run in behind.

Having watched him get owned by Maguire at Old Trafford two seasons ago, he's certainly developed physically. 

Thought he had a good game against two imposing central defenders in Diop and Dawson and looked our only chance of a goal last night. 

7 hours ago, Irishman123 said:

He played a few games like that at international level, most notably in the game against Portugal. I think his physicality and decent touch make him perfect for the Premier league, but he just needs to sort out his composure with the final ball and in front of goal. He has all the attributes to be a very good player, I think with the right coach he'll develop well

Yesterday's performance was like night and day with anything else he has done this season. I know he hasn't had the greatest amount of time on the pitch but he looked like a different player. Let's hope he can keep this up and start adding end product. 

11 hours ago, Grando said:

Looked more confident, one of my criticisms of him before is he used to look for the safe option, worried about trying something and losing it.  

Looked good with the ball at his feet, hustled a bit, worked hard.  

19 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

Can someone explain why Idah has been getting hate? To me he is still very young and has all the attributes to be a top player. Big strong quick good touch skilful can hold the ball and run in behind.

He's listed as a forward but guy has no finish or offensive flair. He can run all game long sure but he shouldn't be playing in front. I think he did some good stuff last game, CM is the only position i see him have some sort of success

Completely agree, he probably does need a run now. I know it’s only training but when the club videos go up, but his finishing is by far the best and he rarely misses. 

he has most of the attributes to be a very good player and is still young. 

important player next season. 

Seems he ‘only’ had bad cramp on Wednesday, so would hope to be fit for the game on Saturday.

It has always astonished me how/why so many jump on managers for substitutions before knowing why - this one had the look/feel of an injury.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 2

How good would a goal, putting us 1 nil up be for him ( and the team ). Another good game and Newcastle will be after him. Hopefully he scores the winner tomorrow.  OTBC

38 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Seems he ‘only’ had bad cramp on Wednesday, so would hope to be fit for the game on Saturday.

It has always astonished me how/why so many jump on managers for substitutions before knowing why - this one had the look/feel of an injury.

Me, you and a couple of others said it instantly but for god knows what reason some fans instantly need some sort of blame figure. I thought it was quite clear he was shot and/or had a slight injury.

• Like 1