Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buh

Barry Ferguson bursts into tears over wee Billy Gilmour

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/billy-gilmou-abuse-sickens-barry-25820227

“sickened” by a 5 second TikTok video of us telling a player to go back to his parent club.

“It’s baffling. Some people just don’t appreciate good footballers. I’ve said it numerous times, he’s just a wonderful player.” he lamented

yeah, he looked great when he slammed yet another free kick into the opposition players ankles and got muscled off the ball by the approaching air of another player

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/billy-gilmou-abuse-sickens-barry-25820227

“sickened” by a 5 second TikTok video of us telling a player to go back to his parent club.

“It’s baffling. Some people just don’t appreciate good footballers. I’ve said it numerous times, he’s just a wonderful player.” he lamented

yeah, he looked great when he slammed yet another free kick into the opposition players ankles and got muscled off the ball by the approaching air of another player

I do wonder if all these people bleating on about his mercurial talent haven’t actually seen him play and take their views from FIFA 22!

There is certainly a talent in there, but as Sargent and Tzolis yet to be seen in our shirt. Hopefully all three can start to show what they really have about them.

Edited by Indy

Yes its annoying getting lectures about good Gilmour is, how he's our best player, he has to play, blah, blah, blah from people (mainly Chelsea TV fans who don't ever go to live games) who haven't watched the games unlike us regulars who actually go to games!

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

That article says he picked up two man of the match awards. Really? Which matches were they?

Probably the ones Chelsea fans spam voted the man of the match award

Barry Ferguson is renowned for being thicker than a bucket of pig sh*t. The irony of someone who supports one of the Old Firm being sickened by the behaviour of another club's fans...hmmmm, now let me see. 🤔🤣

Apples

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Herman said:

Am sick to death of reading about Billy Gilmour.

I'm also sick to death of watching Billy Gilmour.

He's not awful. He's just no better than what we have. He should not be an automatic starter, he should not have the hype. He's just average.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

He's not awful. He's just no better than what we have. He should not be an automatic starter, he should not have the hype. He's just average.

He is better than what we have, that's the problem.

McLean, Rupp, PLM, Normann, Sorensen is the most bang average set of midfielders to grace the Premier League.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

McLean, Rupp, PLM, Normann, Sorensen is the most bang average set of midfielders to grace the Premier League.

This, Gilmour isn’t the issue for me it’s who he’s surrounded by. 

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I’m sorry but Normann looks our best and only real premiership quality midfielder, Sorensen we’ve not seen enough in midfield! But generally agree.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Monty13 said:
6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

This, Gilmour isn’t the issue for me it’s who he’s surrounded by. 

Not buying this. Who he is playing with doesn't affect his free kicks which have been pretty poor a lot of the time. If he is that good, he would be making more difference than he is - a bit like when Emi played we had something a bit extra. Not good enough to make a difference so no reason to have him on loan.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I think he would have been a good acquisition last season. This season he needs the time to learn on the job which is a luxury we don't have.

I don’t think he’s been better than what we have to be honest. If it wasn’t for the hype then I would wager that absolutely no one would be talking about his performances right now.

Sick of pundits belittling our ‘lack of appreciation’ of him as well, making out he’s out best player, blanket praise during matches for no particular reason etc. Anyone who has consistently watched us throughout the season knows he barely makes it into our top 15 players right now…

Funny thing is if it wasn’t for the pundits constantly blowing smoke up his **** and indirectly insulting our club I can guarantee he would not have received any of the abuse he has got. Not condoning it at all of course, but I am just sick of having everyone sticking their noses in when it’s blatantly obvious they’ve not been watching our games for any length or of time.

Wondering why he hasn’t already been sent back to be honest. No one is benefiting from this loan right now.

• Like 4

Also love everyone blaming the rest of the team for him struggling, have heard plenty of suggestions that none of our players are on his wavelength 😆. Ah yes of course Pukki should’ve read that the free kick was going to go 3 foot high into the first man shouldn’t he? Oh obviously Gilmour won’t track that midfielder properly so of course someone else has to step in. Absolute nonsense.

Are they forgetting Oliver Skipp coming in and absolutely bossing it for us last year? A class above and he absolutely thrived. Now a regular for Spurs under Conte.

A quality player should always be able to stand out regardless of the quality of his teammates, he is not close to doing that for us.

I don’t doubt that there has been a good player in there in the past, and probably will be again at some point, but for whatever reasons it is not happening for us. Sometimes that happens!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I don’t think he’s been better than what we have to be honest. If it wasn’t for the hype then I would wager that absolutely no one would be talking about his performances right now.

Spot on. It's all about expectations and we were being given the expectation that he's the Scottish Messi or something when we've seen nothing of the sort.

Gilmour isn't a tall, strong ball winner. He's a little ball player. He just simply doesn't suit a relegation fighting team. He'll be fine when they have him back at Chelsea and he's surrounded by millions of pounds worth of players who let him pass. If they see him good enough too that is 🙄

It just hasn't worked out is all.

But we have to understand that if you haven't played the game at the top level, your opinion doesn't count.

I'm sure if it was 28 year old Billy Gilmour then the pundits might think differently.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

It just hasn't worked out is all.

But we have to understand that if you haven't played the game at the top level, your opinion doesn't count.

I'm sure if it was 28 year old Billy Gilmour then the pundits might think differently.

When Billy’s getting loaned out to Macclesfield in league 2 when he’s 28 they’ll still be saying “just one more year of football and he’ll come good!”

With all these news stories he kinda reminds me very much of Jack Wilshire, only his parent club believed he was any good and then he ended up being an average nothing once they realised he just couldn't perform at a higher level

The bottom line is, City fans are rating him on how he has played for us and surprising as it might seem to some, we are entitled to our opinion.

Our views are entirely based on what he has done here, not what he did before he came here or what he might do after he leaves here.

Hand on heart, anybody that has watched every game he has played for us, as I have, and wishing him no malice whatsoever, he is not actually that good a player.

It is nothing to do with this Club, Farke, Smith, our style of play, our position or the players around him.

On the contrary, a player of his alleged brilliance, and estimated value, should stand out head & shoulders above every player we have every time he pulls the shirt on.

The never ending garbadge sprouted by an ever growing list of these so called football experts griping about our opinion of him are only making matters worse and doing him no favours whatsoever.

• Like 3

He's been a disaster of a signing, although not really through any fault of his own. The circus that comes with him is not suited to a team like us and especially when the reality is not what the media outside think. 

I think he will go on to be a good player (top 4 team is debatable) but right now he's not our best player and not good enough at this stage of his career to even be a certain starter in our first eleven and we're terrible. The constant stick the club/fans get when he hasnt played or we've dared to question his contribution has been an unwelcome distraction in a tough enough season already. It's different to Skipp as he wasnt as well known, was a different type of player and was in a league below.

Yet again, it's a Webber b***s up and a bad, bad mis-judgement.

4 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

I mean, you are quoting the Daily Ranger here. The same people who would vote a scotch pie the Man of the Match if it came from Ibrox. It’s like going to the Daily Mail to get an opinion on foreign people living in the UK. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I mean, you are quoting the Daily Ranger here. The same people who would vote a scotch pie the Man of the Match if it came from Ibrox. It’s like going to the Daily Mail to get an opinion on foreign people living in the UK. 

Don't tell me Billy got man of the match again🤫🤔. Can't find the video of Barry crying though.😉

Cmon Billy start playing like the rest of the quality players ffs. 😴 it's all your fault we are where we are 😂

1 hour ago, Making Plans said:

The bottom line is, City fans are rating him on how he has played for us and surprising as it might seem to some, we are entitled to our opinion.

Our views are entirely based on what he has done here, not what he did before he came here or what he might do after he leaves here.

Hand on heart, anybody that has watched every game he has played for us, as I have, and wishing him no malice whatsoever, he is not actually that good a player.

It is nothing to do with this Club, Farke, Smith, our style of play, our position or the players around him.

On the contrary, a player of his alleged brilliance, and estimated value, should stand out head & shoulders above every player we have every time he pulls the shirt on.

The never ending garbadge sprouted by an ever growing list of these so called football experts griping about our opinion of him are only making matters worse and doing him no favours whatsoever.

Well he must be quite good to have produced the performances he has elsewhere!    The simple fact is the environment he plays in for us is difficult… he has few good options ahead of him since the full-backs are reluctant to get forward and the advanced players are not functioning at all.   We have very little movement going forward and the expectations seem overwhelming!   

All this could change with a couple of CDMs.   If this abuse carries on though, it’s a bit crap on our fans part…. Definitely not his fault but for his own welfare, seems he might be better off going back to Chelsea which from an outsiders perspective would be another embarrassment for us as a club!   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lake district canary said:

That article says he picked up two man of the match awards. Really? Which matches were they?

Two consecutive home games against Southampton and Wolves.