The man is a moron. Didn't think it was a 3-0 game. What was he watching? It's tough listening to him saying 'we' referring to our club. We've gone backwards since he arrived.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Petriix said:

The man is a moron. Didn't think it was a 3-0 game. What was he watching? It's tough listening to him saying 'we' referring to our club. We've gone backwards since he arrived.

We should have scored, amount of chances we had was pretty high compared to recent games and the fact no one can even get close to putting it in the back of the net is depressing.

That said it being a 3-1 game doesn’t sound that much better to me.

55 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Dont you think its bit rough on him? Guy is missing over half of his best players (Krul, Pukki, Rashica, Hanley, Normann, Rupp, Aarons and so on). Most players fielded are likely second line subs for him, that should only play small part this season. We cannot afford such depth than many bigger teams and therefore covid hits us really hard. 

• Like 2

I have no problem with Smith, but I still don't really understand why we replaced Farke with him in what is looking like an increasingly knee-jerk move.

• Like 4

The players we are missing are those that have played in virtually every other game that we have lost.

We were **** before the injuries. 

Doesn't matter if he thinks it's a 3-0 game or a 3-1 or 2-0 game. We deserved to lose, by how much is quite irrelevant 

So how long do we give the new manager to turn it around? We have just gone 5 games without a goal or a point!

1 minute ago, Indy said:

So how long do we give the new manager to turn it around? We have just gone 5 games without a goal or a point!

See the “will Webber issue a statement” post, 5 games no goals… what’s our mission directive from those in power? Prep for the Champ now??

1 minute ago, Danke bitte said:

See the “will Webber issue a statement” post, 5 games no goals… what’s our mission directive from those in power? Prep for the Champ now??

👍

3 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Preparing for the future all along. 38 free hits again.

2 hours ago, Petriix said:

He is far from a moron and we've not gone backwards since he's arrived whatsoever, we've had 10 senior players out injured and some fans don't seem to think that's a big deal. It would severely hinder a top 4 team let alone an already weak squad like us.

• Like 7

Deano will be gone long before a mural of him replaces Daniel's on the wall of the Fatty Catty an' Canary on Yarmuff Rud.....FACT!....

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

He is far from a moron and we've not gone backwards since he's arrived whatsoever, we've had 10 senior players out injured and some fans don't seem to think that's a big deal. It would severely hinder a top 4 team let alone an already weak squad like us.

He’s not a moron no, but having players missing has no bearing whatsoever on players showing grit, determination, passion and respect for our club. These results aren’t just about the playing squads lack of ability unfortunately.

21 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

He’s not a moron no, but having players missing has no bearing whatsoever on players showing grit, determination, passion and respect for our club. These results aren’t just about the playing squads lack of ability unfortunately.

He chose to come here, when he could have put his feet up, with a huge pay off and enjoy a few weeks break into the new year, that seems moronic to me. 

23 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Deano will be gone long before a mural of him replaces Daniel's on the wall of the Fatty Catty an' Canary on Yarmuff Rud.....FACT!....

That should be Thorpe Road.

Can’t go along with the blank cheque DS seems to get from some. Whatever hands he’s been dealt these are professional footballers he’s dealing with. Putting in a tackle and passing the ball to feet are minimum requirements of the job before anything else can happen. So if it doesn’t happen often enough at key moments isn’t that at least in part down to motivation? Perhaps motivating is a minimum requirement to demand of a head coach. Thankfully not bringing in ‘his own people’ means the severance packages are limited, in that respect SW seems to have been smart.

15 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Neil Adams will be our manager before February, that’s how quickly things are going from bad to worse😕

Nah Bryan Gunn was at the Arsenal game planning his “give me another chance” speech to Delia 😂

2 hours ago, hepphep said:

Dont you think its bit rough on him? Guy is missing over half of his best players (Krul, Pukki, Rashica, Hanley, Normann, Rupp, Aarons and so on). Most players fielded are likely second line subs for him, that should only play small part this season. We cannot afford such depth than many bigger teams and therefore covid hits us really hard. 

WTF. Pukki a best player. Championship yes. Premiership no. Our goals for column proves the point!

2 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

WTF. Pukki a best player. Championship yes. Premiership no. Our goals for column proves the point!

Pukki has scored 5 in 14 which even with penalties would be a decent haul for most premier league strikers. Only 10 players scored more than 12 goals last season.

Given that he gets severely limited service it's not bad at all, given that we pose no other goal threat for a defence to worry about, it's really really not bad.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I'd agree he isn't a moron, he's a manager with a decent but unspectacular track record.

IMO he is a substantial downgrade on Daniel Farke and we clearly have gone backwards since he took over. Today we did have a lot of players unavailable but we are not unique or even unusual in that respect amongst PL clubs at the moment, and as others have already pointed out the wheels had already come off for Smith whilst he still had most of the squad available.

So I'm afraid I don't buy the injuries as an excuse, but nor do I blame Smith for taking the job when it was offered.

But I do blame Webber for letting Farke carry the can for his own mistakes, and for sacking him just after giving him a new 4 year contract and seemingly without a clue as to whether he could appoint a replacement who would be an improvement on Farke - and as we now know he couldn't.

A series of mistakes by Webber that started in the summer and is still ongoing.

6 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

I'd agree he isn't a moron, he's a manager with a decent but unspectacular track record.

IMO he is a substantial downgrade on Daniel Farke and we clearly have gone backwards since he took over. Today we did have a lot of players unavailable but we are not unique or even unusual in that respect amongst PL clubs at the moment, and as others have already pointed out the wheels had already come off for Smith whilst he still had most of the squad available.

So I'm afraid I don't buy the injuries as an excuse, but nor do I blame Smith for taking the job when it was offered.

But I do blame Webber for letting Farke carry the can for his own mistakes, and for sacking him just after giving him a new 4 year contract and seemingly without a clue as to whether he could appoint a replacement who would be an improvement on Farke - and as we now know he couldn't.

A series of mistakes by Webber that started in the summer and is still ongoing.

The mistakes have generally been in where we have invested money on the pitch. The area which has consistently seen the lowest investment has been in the centre of the park.

Leitner, Vrancic, Trybull, McLean, Rupp, Gilmore, Sorensen, PLM. These aren't all bad footballers, but as a collection they have never looked like the engine room of a premier League side in any combination. Normann is an exception, but is too injury prone.

2 minutes ago, 1902 said:

The mistakes have generally been in where we have invested money on the pitch. The area which has consistently seen the lowest investment has been in the centre of the park.

Leitner, Vrancic, Trybull, McLean, Rupp, Gilmore, Sorensen, PLM. These aren't all bad footballers, but as a collection they have never looked like the engine room of a premier League side in any combination. Normann is an exception, but is too injury prone.

I had a conversation with my friend just the other day and I never thought I’d say this but… I really miss Howson, O’Neil and Dorrans. The problem with Alex Neil’s 15/16 squad was the firepower and his own limited tactical nous but we had a solid midfield back then. What I wouldn’t give for those three in their prime right now. 

We have excuses last games but most that worried me today was Smith look like already beaten man.

If we keep free fall he not be here until end of season.

No reason to celebrate promotion's anymore because Premiere League truth make too big depression and pain all around us 😕 

We was not smart enough to try postponed this 3 4 festive games so our last chance is to keep some pride and hope most of missed players to be back after F A cup and we at least to fight for our pride a bit!

Ok, 'moron' is a bit mean. But I can't stand listening to a man whose team have lost for the 5th time in a row after another abject performance insinuating that the scoreline somehow flattered the victors. If he'd held his hands up and given an honest appraisal then I'd give him more credit. His team selections have been poor and he's failing to get the players to perform.

3 hours ago, hepphep said:

Too right you are. He got loads of credit for how well we did in his first two games then Normann and Rashica, our best players this season get injured. Rashica’s hoping to be back for Leicester but Normann is out until February. Since then we’ve had even more players out, and had we not suffered from this injury crisis I don’t think there would be so much negativity over him 

3 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

I had a conversation with my friend just the other day and I never thought I’d say this but… I really miss Howson, O’Neil and Dorrans. The problem with Alex Neil’s 15/16 squad was the firepower and his own limited tactical nous but we had a solid midfield back then. What I wouldn’t give for those three in their prime right now. 

God, did those three take some flak from our fans too at times.