Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Talk Norwich City's all time 11

Just now, alex_ncfc said:

Hahaha 😂 Dion Dublin? Russell Martin?! 

Yeah that's funnier than Alan partridge and I like Alan partridge.😁

I was going to quote it but.. just WTF. 3 at the back with Drury at left CB! Central Mid EMI? Just what is going on!? Really not the best xi from the last 20 years or so at all... Can someone as him the rules he picked by? Players who's girlfriend I fancied? 

Russell Martin  🤣 in all seriousness that team shows his youth.

Edited by Chalky

I’m not sure about ten of them, Hucks definitely in my 11 but I can think of loads better in my time! Still all about opinions and if that’s their choice who can argue.

Picked that while wearing a Poll & Withey kit too?  Steve Bruce could only dream of lacing Russ Martin and Malky's boots. 🙂

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Indy said:

I’m not sure about ten of them, Hucks definitely in my 11 but I can think of loads better in my time! Still all about opinions and if that’s their choice who can argue.

I am absolutely sure about ten of them, in the sense of them not getting anywhere near even a Second Best Eleven. Huckerby would probably get into my First Eleven, and Buendia a sub.

• Like 1

He's obviously done it for a reaction to get people talking and drum up some publicity. No one can be dumb enough to genuinely have that as a best 11.

33 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

No one can be dumb enough to genuinely have that as a best 11.

You’ve seen the mug on the right of the picture, yes?

• Haha 2

Weirdly, even if they're only picking from 2003 onwards, why Dublin is ahead of Pukki? 😝 Dion Dublin signed for us at 37 and scored 12 goals in two seasons.

Why don’t we offer our own up to compare? I agree that it’s a cundry moile away from what I’d choose but it’s all about who influenced you in your days of attending. It’s a tough ask.

Even choosing the keeper is hard. Woods, Green, Gunn, Krul…

I’ll have a think and return but I’d be interested to see others choices and no doubt there’ll be generational differences. I never saw Peters for instance. 

1 hour ago, Icecream Snow said:

Weirdly, even if they're only picking from 2003 onwards, why Dublin is ahead of Pukki? 😝 Dion Dublin signed for us at 37 and scored 12 goals in two seasons.

Mostly played at CB too... 

My first memory is of the 92/93 season so I pick players from that team onwards for my best XI. I'm guessing his team is from 2003 onwards which gives him some excuse. When I factor that in, mine isnt massively different from his with six players the same:-

Green

Aarons 

Drury

Bassong

Hanley

Buendia

Huckerby

Hoolahan

Howson

Pukki

Holt

Hanley and Bassong shows how bad our centre halves have been for ages!

This has been done to death over the years, but any team that doesn't have Martin Peters in it, isn't All Time anything.

• Like 2

To think that many fans hang on to every word TNC pump out. I don't think many will disagree with me when i say that for the all time best eleven Keelan and Peters would be the first two written down.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 5

And no Bruce or Watson at the back? Now, I liked Malky very much but he would struggle with two other CBs beside him let alone by himself!

And ...Huckerby gets to be called "Hucks" but no other player gets a moniker? (WFLGH, Dion, Wessi, Emi). Selectivity at its finest.

Have to agree with Keelan and Peters too. If you are running a social media platform on our club then it would help to have conducted some research of your own or a survey or watched some videos over time (because they are plentiful).

3/10 for effort though.

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

To think that many fans hang on to every word TNC pump out. I don't think many will disagree with me when i say that for the all time best eleven Keelan and Peters would be the first two written down.

Closely followed by Forbes and Stringer, trouble is you can't compare football in the 60/70s to present day.