Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Talk Norwich City's all time 11

1 hour ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Since 2003 is when I was picking them. Polston, Newsome, Newman, Butterworth all better and probably others I've forgotten. I was trying to pick a team from when Chris Reeve was picking his.

Oh yeah, sorry! I'd still pick Fleming, Jackson and Mackay over your 2!

Ok, this is still difficult!

I think if I was going 4-2-3-1, I’d go something like:

Gunn, Culverhouse, Linighan, Newsome, Bowen, Crook, Francis, Buendia, Maddison, Huckerby, Bellamy.

An alternative 4-4-2 might look like:

Green, Aarons, Bruce, Watson, Drury, Fox, Townsend, Sherwood, Eadie, Sutton, Drinkell

And then I could still choose a 4-1-3-2 of:

Krul, Martin, Bassong, Fleming, Lewis, Holt, Snodgrass, Hoolahan, Pilkington, Holt, Ashton. 

And I feel guilty about leaving out plenty of players from those THREE sides. Pukki, Fleck etc. Pukki would be closest to the first side listed I think. Fleck more likely in 2 or 3. 

Just now, Duncan Edwards said:

Ok, this is still difficult!

I think if I was going 4-2-3-1, I’d go something like:

Gunn, Culverhouse, Linighan, Newsome, Bowen, Crook, Francis, Buendia, Maddison, Huckerby, Bellamy.

An alternative 4-4-2 might look like:

Green, Aarons, Bruce, Watson, Drury, Fox, Townsend, Sherwood, Eadie, Sutton, Drinkell

And then I could still choose a 4-1-3-2 of:

Krul, Martin, Bassong, Fleming, Lewis, Holt, Snodgrass, Hoolahan, Pilkington, Holt, Ashton. 

And I feel guilty about leaving out plenty of players from those THREE sides. Pukki, Fleck etc. Pukki would be closest to the first side listed I think. Fleck more likely in 2 or 3. 

Thinking about it “tactically” I might swap Drury and Bowen, not based on perceived ability but just that Drury would be better suited to the defensive work necessitated by having Huckerby in front of him than Mark Bowen.