Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Gilmour playing like Pirlo for Scotland

10 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You wait until Kenny comes on. 

Be hard, he's not in the squad is he? 

Why is he so mediocre for us? Is it because he never wanted to go out on loan? Is it because you have to build your system around him? Is it because he already thinks he's too big for Norwich and he has ego problems? Anyone have any ideas?

It was basically a Championship vs League 2 encounter. Gilmour looks great with the ball, as always. But there are so many flaws with his general positioning and movement when they don't have the ball. He seems to have absolutely no clue how to actually track his man and stay goal side. Not a problem VS Moldova, but a definite limitation when in a relegation dog fight.

Even though it’s Moldova, some of the passes and touches he’s had tonight were superb regardless of the opposition. His long pass to Patterson for example, the technique is what’s brilliant.

30 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You wait until Kenny comes on. 

I love Kenny, but the first thing he did was give the ball away.

Edited by Jambomo
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Why is he so mediocre for us? Is it because he never wanted to go out on loan? Is it because you have to build your system around him? Is it because he already thinks he's too big for Norwich and he has ego problems? Anyone have any ideas?

Because he's surrounded by dross. Pretty straightforward really. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sideshow Tim said:

Because he's surrounded by dross. Pretty straightforward really. 

Thank 😊 God somebody sees the big picture . Hit the nail on  the head

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I love Kenny, but the first thing he did was give the ball away.

I don't rate Kenny because he regularly gives the ball away or is easily dispossessed.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

It's because he played v Liverpool not the sodding Faroes 

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

It's because he played v Liverpool not the sodding Faroes 

OK, but he was good against England, too, and they almost won the Euros. So it's not just that Scotland play against the Faroe Islands.

Edited by canarybubbles

19 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

would imagine, that Scotland have a group of hard working players with little quality. Take out Robinson and Gilmour and really, it's a group of championship players (Armstrong yet to prove it in PL). They look to play everything through Billy. 

Every time I’ve seen him play for Norwich he’s been crap, f”&k Scotland and the other 3rd world country they are playing

12 minutes ago, Baracouda said:

would imagine, that Scotland have a group of hard working players with little quality. Take out Robinson and Gilmour and really, it's a group of championship players (Armstrong yet to prove it in PL). They look to play everything through Billy. 

Robertson, Tierney, McTominay, Cooper, McGinn, Adams, Hanley, all first team players in good Premier league teams. Hendry and McGregor are first team players in Champions League teams. We have a decent side now.

• Like 1

I'd look like Usain Bolt if I ran a race against a 5 year old. It's Moldova. So many football fans always seem to discount the opposition when assessing a player. 

He will not get that time or space playing for us in the PL and our players won't be able to take up the same positions with the same passing lanes open for him to find and he doesn't have to do any off the ball work tonight either. He's all wrong for a bottom half PL team. Every time he's played for us he's looked like a lost little boy, most of his passes were intercepted and the opposition have just ran past him and at our defence at a canter. 

He could do a good job as a sub for Chelsea or in certain games and would probably be good for a Fulham or Coventry in the Championship but him being here makes no sense to us or him, I think Tuchel just sent him here because he rated Farke's ability to coach young players as he offers nothing to our first team. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I'd look like Usain Bolt if I ran a race against a 5 year old. It's Moldova. So many football fans always seem to discount the opposition when assessing a player. 

He will not get that time or space playing for us in the PL and our players won't be able to take up the same positions with the same passing lanes open for him to find either and he doesn't have to do any off the ball work tonight either. He's all wrong for a bottom half PL team. Every time he's played for us he's looked like a lost little boy, most of his passes were intercepted and the opposition have just ran past him and at our defence at a canter. 

He could do a good job as a sub for Chelsea or in certain games and would probably be good for a Fulham or Coventry in the Championship but him being here makes no sense to us or him, I think Tuchel just sent him here because he rated Farke's ability to coach young players as he offers nothing to our first team. 

At the moment he certainly offers nothing. Because he can't get into the team. Df could not decide who he wanted 🤔.  He is an exceptional talent who has been not utilised correctly. KENNY must have been crying out for him to take the heat off himself. Yes I would say he wasn't at his best in games he played. But you tell me exactly who has been at the top of there game recently. It's been a mess lately and was not progressing at all. Roll on the new coach who will make a difference hopefully.

16 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Every time I’ve seen him play for Norwich he’s been crap, f”&k Scotland and the other 3rd world country they are playing

He’s not been that bad. He’s been dropped and not given a chance since. It’s an absolute waste the way Farke treated him. I hope a new coach will use him better. 

Just now, Jim Smith said:

He’s not been that bad. He’s been dropped and not given a chance since. It’s an absolute waste the way Farke treated him. I hope a new coach will use him better. 

I agree he needs another chance but goooorrd he was crap for us. Sometimes it just doesn’t work at a team for whatever reason

5 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

No, he's really been that bad. 

• Like 1

There is definitely talent but his performances for us have been very similar to Tom Trybull in the premiership good if you give him time to play less good if he was relentlessly pressed by physically more imposing players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

I agree he needs another chance but goooorrd he was crap for us. Sometimes it just doesn’t work at a team for whatever reason

I would agree. Sometimes it just doesn't work. But now all the team has been together a while now . He has to be back in and given the chance . Now that normann has settled in this has made a difference.  Norwich have the players but I'm sorry DF tactics have been dross and players are looking lost what is required of them