Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

SexyBennett Has Spoken

I think if this account on twitter had any credibility, it'd be very very easy for the club to determine who it is, being as there are probably very few people who do actually know what's going on, and thus they'd probably get rid of them.

So, as I suspected they have blagged a few things in the past and got lucky but they have as much of a scooby as the rest of us? ITK my **** 😂

I have no doubt Webber had someone in mind before binning Farke. If it were KK then I would be surprised if he had made any contact beforehand. I read about the January thing on here but can't recall if it was public knowledge or what digging was done to find it out.

It's inconceivable the club has messed up again on due dilligence and the January availability is a shop stopper. That leaves me to believe KK is no longer in the frame if indeed he ever was.

Lucien Favre come on down!

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

I have no doubt Webber had someone in mind before binning Farke. If it were KK then I would be surprised if he had made any contact beforehand. I read about the January thing on here but can't recall if it was public knowledge or what digging was done to find it out.

It's inconceivable the club has messed up again on due dilligence and the January availability is a shop stopper. That leaves me to believe KK is no longer in the frame if indeed he ever was.

Lucien Favre come on down!

Norwegian season finishes December 12th. 

New manager has Christmas with the family ready to start fresh on Jan 3rd, whilst Roy Hodgson is installed in the interim...

The account has been right on far too much to simply be "guesswork" - she certainly has some inside information although, quite obviously, not at the very top of the decision making tree

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The account literally has like a 50% success rate and its normally for minor transfers and stuff. I reckon they probably hear rumours around the club but won't be one of the 3 or 4 people who actually know what's happening. 

To be fair I’d say it’s more reliable than that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

In fact I'm calling it now, this account is such a fraud I bet they're nowhere near being sexy..... 😏

Face like a bulldog licking pish off a stinging nettle.

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

In fact I'm calling it now, this account is such a fraud I bet they're nowhere near being sexy..... 😏

The name is so cringeworthy. It’s like something conjured up from a 70’s The Sun or Sport “newspaper” 

1 hour ago, Move Klose said:

Screenshot_20211110-154038_Twitter.jpg

For what's it's worth I suspect this is essentially true.  Knutsen fits the long-term and coaching-orientated profile I am sure we're looking for. Of course we knew when the Norwegian season finished but were hoping to persuade Knutsen to come before then.

If so,  if he really is the first choice, the question is whether we can change his mind, or are prepared to wait, perhaps with an interim plan of Hodgson and Adams. Or have a second choice in mind. Who I think and hope is not Lampard, but someone else with solid coaching credentials.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

For what's it's worth I suspect this is essentially true.  Knutsen fits the long-term and coaching-orientated profile I am sure we're looking for. Of course we knew when the Norwegian season finished but were hoping to persuade Knutsen to come before then.

If so,  if he really is the first choice, the question is whether we can change his mind, or are prepared to wait, perhaps with an interim plan of Hodgson and Adams. Or have a second choice in mind. Who I think and hope is not Lampard, but someone else with solid coaching credentials.

To be fair, it's very unusual for a supposed ITK account to just come out and say they don't know what's going on. That adds credibility to the idea that there may be some value to what they're saying, not to mention the fact that this was the account that called it on Farke being sacked wasn't it? 

Seems unlikely to me. 

If Knutson wasn't interested in leaving Bodo/Glimt until the end of the season Norwegian season (which is Dec not Jan, so that is a pretty major inaccuracy from the ITK) then that would have ended Norwich' interest even before Farke was canned.

As King Canary so correctly points out, getting a shot at the PL would be a huge step up for Knutson, who was pretty much dead set on moving to Rosenberg after this season ended anyway. He isn't going to pass on an opportunity in the highest profile league in the world for the sake of a few more weeks in his current job.

Maybe his agent is trying to swing it as an issue to get a bit more wage, or Bodo are being tricky with allowing Norwich permission to speak to him, but can see it being a complete break down in talks. 

It seems the manager search is being very closely guarded by Norwich and not even the local press boys have any news. While SB does get some news out first, it is generally on things that are not that secret and are also known to the press (although they may not publish it).

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Find it amazing that people actually give weight to what the person behind this account says. They’re no more in the know than anyone on this forum.

I mean, if I happened to have some kind of connection to the inner workings of the board, would I start a semi-anonymous Twitter account, allow anyone and everyone to follow it, and potentially jeopardise my contact’s career by spouting out all the top secret information I’ve been told in confidence? Of course not. 

True, but what if they were family related and hearing stuff spoken at home.

19 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

To be fair I’d say it’s more reliable than that. 

It's pretty hard to quantify because the individual deletes a large proportion of the tweets they get completely wrong.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

KK?  The only person with those initials used in relation to our club is Kevin Keelan, so can we call this prospective candidate by his whole name - the "KK" brand is already historically tied up with our number one legend. 

Have you tried spelling it ?🙂

16 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Maybe his agent is trying to swing it as an issue to get a bit more wage, or Bodo are being tricky with allowing Norwich permission to speak to him, but can see it being a complete break down in talks. 

Hi BYG - do you mean you can see it being a breakdown in talks; or can't?

I think Webber is far too shrewd not to have sounded out his target before firing Farke and as other posters have stated a move to the Premier league to a team with a similar philosophy is too good to turn down..  After all he was going to leave to go to Rosenberg.   I think he is coming here.

23 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Norwegian season finishes December 12th. 

New manager has Christmas with the family ready to start fresh on Jan 3rd, whilst Roy Hodgson is installed in the interim...

Possibly, but that needs a pre contract with KK in case he changes his mind.

Far from ideal either as KK would not have much say in the January transfer targets.

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Quite - I recall people getting extremely (over) protective of this person in the summer when their info proved to be wrong.  It’s strange. I’m all for rumour etc, but many seem to hang off this person’s every word as being gospel. 

Maybe it's the old trick of supplying close contacts with differing information and then seeing which leaks. Tell one person Knutsen, another Lampard and then from the speculation determine where the leak is

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

To be fair, it's very unusual for a supposed ITK account to just come out and say they don't know what's going on. That adds credibility to the idea that there may be some value to what they're saying

No - it means they can say they were right whatever happens: if it’s KK they can say ‘see, I was right’ and if it isn’t they (and their followers) can say they were still right - ‘as it was going to be this KK guy, but…’.

It’s called hedging your bets and creating a get out. Classic, really.

1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Maybe it's the old trick of supplying close contacts with differing information and then seeing which leaks. Tell one person Knutsen, another Lampard and then from the speculation determine where the leak is

Coleen Rooney obviously  handling proceedings at the club then 

1 hour ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

If it's KK they want, how about Neil Adams as caretaker manager until KK can take over in January?

Anyone?

Hello??

6D88B319-5DC3-4121-AF8B-D87FFC94B866.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

The account literally has like a 50% success rate and its normally for minor transfers and stuff. I reckon they probably hear rumours around the club but won't be one of the 3 or 4 people who actually know what's happening. 

If he's 50% right it could be Kjetill Flatnose from Vikings, he won't stand any messing. 

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

No - it means they can say they were right whatever happens: if it’s KK they can say ‘see, I was right’ and if it isn’t they (and their followers) can say they were still right - ‘as it was going to be this KK guy, but…’.

It’s called hedging your bets and creating a get out. Classic, really.

Exactly BP! I was going to post something very similar, it’s the old psychic/horoscope trick where whatever happens you can claim to be right, made easier because most of the audience is so credulous.

Derren Brown exposed this years ago when he met a group of students and gave each one an envelope which contained an A4 description of their personality and circumstances. They pretty much all said it was spot on and some got upset that he must have been spying on them. When they compared what they’d been given, they all had exactly the same sheet!

• Like 1