Sign in to follow this  
yellow_belly

Lampard to be announced this week!

Not saying he is any better than the Bodo manager … because we have no idea how he would do in English football, the PL or under the microscope that is the media… but, we are definitely getting Lampard. No idea who the coaches are. Assuming Jody Morris?

Let’s hope he can motivate the young players and get a bit of luck. We could stay up… wouldn’t that be great! (We were never staying up under Farke, and he had a fair go but came up short. Nice guy, but didn’t do it in the big league!)

Lampard just seems like he'd very short term, get the feeling he'd jump at the drop of a hat when a slightly bigger job comes along. Then again most managers would.

1 minute ago, yellow_belly said:

No idea who the coaches are. Assuming Jody Morris?

It would have to be, and if anyone unaware Morris was responsible for scouting and bringing Gilmour to Chelsea.  Recently said this week that it's his and Frank's biggest regret not giving him more game time under their tenure as he was always a standout player.

Unfinished business?  A big piece of the puzzle?

I can see it being a factor, if you're right of course.  Still have my doubts though, but the more I think it through I'm starting to fill with excitement, so please don't let this be a hoax you cruel ****! 🙂

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

It would have to be, and if anyone unaware Morris was responsible for scouting and bringing Gilmour to Chelsea.  Recently said this week that it's his and Frank's biggest regret not giving him more game time under their tenure as he was always a standout player.

I can see it being a factor, if you're right of course.  Still have my doubts though, but the more I think it through I'm starting to fill with excitement, so please don't let this be a hoax you cruel ****! 🙂

You assume correct . If it is true. Unfinished business.  Correct

Let the business begin . 

• Thanks 1

I think it would be a poor move, but if Webber says so, I'll get behind it. Still think he's the red herring to be honest.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

👍

He wouldn’t be my choice but from his perspective he really needs this next job to work for his career as well. He will be hungry for the success. 

seems like Stevie G is off to Villa... I do wonder if Rangers might sneak a look at Lampard? Maybe he can then nick Billy Gilmour from us in Jan as well...

• Confused 1

Just now, Tetteys Jig said:

seems like Stevie G is off to Villa... I do wonder if Rangers might sneak a look at Lampard? Maybe he can then nick Billy Gilmour from us in Jan as well...

Not a bad shout. Apparently Rangers and Chelsea call themselves the ‘Blues Brothers’ and are on friendly terms as a club, or so my Rangers supporting friend tells me. You could see that happening. 

The suspense of waiting for an announcment (whoever the new manager will be) is getting too much, distracting me from work! I wonder if the deal will be done this week and annouced, bloody hope so.

1 minute ago, WD40 said:

Not a bad shout. Apparently Rangers and Chelsea call themselves the ‘Blues Brothers’ and are on friendly terms as a club, or so my Rangers supporting friend tells me. You could see that happening. 

Yeah, them and Everton as well have their links like Celtic do with Liverpool

I was dead against Lampard at first but have slowly been coming round to the idea and see it as a good fit for both parties. 

I would normally expect Webber to go left field but there is obviously a strong belief within the club that we can still stay up this season and I suspect because of that we're far more likely to see a manager with Premier experience or in Lampard's case someone who knows the league, the teams and players in it. 

The Norwegian chap seems a good option if we were building from the championship but I'm not sure he's what's needed this season. 

1 minute ago, Satriales said:

The suspense of waiting for an announcment (whoever the new manager will be) is getting too much, distracting me from work! I wonder if the deal will be done this week and annouced, bloody hope so.

Michael Bailey said on twitter not to expect anything before Friday.

2 hours ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Why didn't we start a singly thread for this ... Or at least one Thread per person in the shop window..... I can't read any more of this tosh.. hurry up and appoint FF or KK  or anyone else with matching initials.... 

Frank Fampard?

8 minutes ago, Satriales said:

The silly season came early this year.

2 hours ago, yellow_belly said:

My sources tell me that Webber is meeting Lampard tomorrow. 

LOL, dude the guy you serve cheeseburgers to is not a "source"!

I know for a fact it is not Lampard as I currently have him Locked up in my dungeon to make sure that Webber can’t meet him 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, OnDaBall said:

Lampard just seems like he'd very short term, get the feeling he'd jump at the drop of a hat when a slightly bigger job comes along. Then again most managers would.

To be honest, right now I would take that a thousand times over if it keeps us up. It would be hugely beneficial to the club and help us shake off the “perennial yo-yo club” tag. Plus the extra cash and extra guaranteed parachute payments would be more valuable than the downside of a short-term manager.

Edited by Nuff Said
Speeling and general inability to write sentences
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

I know for a fact it is not Lampard as I currently have him Locked up in my dungeon to make sure that Webber can’t meet him 

Oh, it's like watching ghostbusters this is.  Is it the gatekeeper you have or the keymaster? 

I bet it's "Sigourney Weaver's" Lampard, with clothes all bellowing in the wind as you open the dungeon door.. Am i right? Let me look.. go on.. please!!

Just as an aside, I’ve noticed that there have been a couple of new interesting names that have been added to the Skybet odds list. Edin Terzic who is Dortmund’s technical director and Bo Svensson who’s the current manager of Mainz. Freddie Ljungberg has been added as well but I think we can almost certainly discount that one. 

Lampard oddly reminds me in a way of the days of John Bond - and then again Martin Peters.

At the time high profile that put us on the media map from our previous obscurity.

Whoever it is I will fully support them - for us in the EPL the only way is UP.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Your best post ever! 

33 minutes ago, Jpootz said:

Just as an aside, I’ve noticed that there have been a couple of new interesting names that have been added to the Skybet odds list. Edin Terzic who is Dortmund’s technical director and Bo Svensson who’s the current manager of Mainz. Freddie Ljungberg has been added as well but I think we can almost certainly discount that one. 

Those names may just have been picked out of a hat, but I am convinced we are looking for someone who is first and foremost a coach, with credentials to match, rather than a more English-style manager, such as Lampard or Smith.