Sign in to follow this  
yellow_belly

Lampard to be announced this week!

It is definitely Lampard (unless he turns us down). Also interesting that Webber is going to meet Lampard rather than the other way round. That sounds odd to me, but guess he wants him signed up (contract).

If it helps … Lampard is away at the moment so we won’t see him in Norwich (or London) until the weekend.

(DoBuy or not to buy? Shall we get him. In joke for another poster but will explain next week)

Edited by yellow_belly

If Gerrard's going to get the Villa job, I actually think Lampard would be better off at Rangers. Gerrard's done good work he can build on and he can refine his attacking side knowing he's probably got a half-decent defence. Either way, he looks like he'd be better at a mid-table or higher side, and not with us.

I pray that you're wrong.

Losing Farke for Frank will feel like substituting a philosopher for a well groomed PE Teacher who only got his post because his dad's the school Headmaster.

We need to be intellectually forged into something greater than the sum of its parts and I think this is beyond a celebrity manager.

On every criteria I can't see how Lampard trumps Dean Smith ... BOTH for this relegation dog fight and next season's likely promotion push.

KK is my favourite but I fear that the timing doesn't quite fit.

Edited by Cantiaci Canary
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Losing Farke for Frank will feel like substituting a philosopher for a well groomed PE Teacher who only got his post because his dad's the school Headmaster.

Love this analogy!  Sums it up perfectly.

38 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

It is definitely Lampard (unless he turns us down).

For future reference that’s where you came up short in your efforts to be convincing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

I know for a fact it is not Lampard as I currently have him Locked up in my dungeon to make sure that Webber can’t meet him 

You haven't left him alone in there with Mrs Waveney I hope ?.......you know what he's like with the ladies ! 😉

10 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

For future reference that’s where you came up short in your efforts to be convincing.

It's definitely Lampard (unless it isn't).

8 minutes ago, Grando said:

It's definitely Lampard (unless it isn't).

All I know is that Stuart is meeting him and offering the job. En route today, meeting tomorrow. 

the only thing I don’t know is what is in the contract!

Edited by yellow_belly

1 minute ago, yellow_belly said:

All I know is that Stuart is meeting him and offering the job. En route today, meeting tomorrow. 

Just give up, you’re sounding dafter by the post

1 hour ago, Jpootz said:

Just as an aside, I’ve noticed that there have been a couple of new interesting names that have been added to the Skybet odds list. Edin Terzic who is Dortmund’s technical director and Bo Svensson who’s the current manager of Mainz. Freddie Ljungberg has been added as well but I think we can almost certainly discount that one. 

Ready-made chant there - “re-rewind when the crowd say Bo Svensson”.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, yellow_belly said:

That's quite some epic journey time, is Frank in some hard to reach location like Diss?  🙂

I think you're pulling our pissers personally. haha.

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

It was Frank Lampard since the moment he landed at Dunston Hall.

It is an interesting one, the people we typically think of as 'happy clappers' sound furious about this, and are either going to need to flip 180 degrees and become the nay sayers, or have to find a way to complete a u-turn while minimising their humiliation.

I think Lampard is a good shout.

I believe that managerial candidates are interviewed in London, not Norwich.

1 hour ago, yellow_belly said:

It is definitely Lampard (unless he turns us down). 

Then it's not definitely Lampard is it? 

Edit - Should learn to scroll down before posting - I see there's quite a few posts pointing out this absurdity. 

Edited by Terminally Yellow

1 hour ago, yellow_belly said:

It is definitely Lampard (unless he turns us down). Also interesting that Webber is going to meet Lampard rather than the other way round. That sounds odd to me, but guess he wants him signed up (contract).

If it helps … Lampard is away at the moment so we won’t see him in Norwich (or London) until the weekend.

(DoBuy or not to buy? Shall we get him. In joke for another poster but will explain next week)

22 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

Hmmmmmmm, a bit of contradiction going on

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

If Gerrard's going to get the Villa job

I think he's leaving Rangers a year too soon. Last season in the SPL will be remembered more for how sh*t Celtic were than how good Rangers were. Now it looks like he is running away just as Celtic have started to look half decent again. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Hmmmmmmm, a bit of contradiction going on

Not if Webber is traveling to Lampard (he is on holiday)

Edited by yellow_belly

3 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

Not if Webber is traveling to Lampard (he is on holiday)

You sure you heard this right? ... that it wasn't that Webber was travelling to Lampard but to Lapland (obvs for KK)?

Seriously yellowbelly you're not Good News Gordon are you with a change in name by deed poll (or new laptop)?

2 hours ago, Michael Starr said:

Spotted at Morrisons in Norwich. Confirmed

lampard.png

5 hours ago, yellow_belly said:

My source is good

Was it the source on here that said Webber was meeting Lampard on Thursday on Monday ? Or the report from the journalist that said Norwich were meeting with Lampard on Thursday, again on Monday, or somebody else but the same source. I think ( if my memory serves me right there are so many Lampard threads ) that a binner on their website also said his wife worked for Norwich and Webber was signing a new contract and Norwich were meeting with Lampard on yep Thursday.

15 minutes ago, sonyc said:

You sure you heard this right? ... that it wasn't that Webber was travelling to Lampard but to Lapland (obvs for KK)?

Seriously yellowbelly you're not Good News Gordon are you with a change in name by deed poll (or new laptop)?

Won’t be Steve Bruce then, he was on holiday in Dubai watching England in the 20/20 semi final.