No. Why would you release Farke and get in a younger manager who basically appears to be a Farke-light going off his body of work so far?

Farke was basically an attack-minded manager who never quite got it right in defence. Lampard never got close to getting his defence right at Chelsea, made particularly obvious when Tuchel took over.

He's an interesting manager so far, but not what we need.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wrong choice for us , did average at derby and poor at Chelsea , maybe he has learnt from his mistakes , but a big gamble not one I'd like to make , the Norwegian badge would Be The  smart move , but will see. Huge respect for Farke he gave us some great times , but it was the right time for him too go , otbc

Don’t really get the negativity towards Lampard. Clearly an intelligent guy with a high profile who should inspire some respect from players. Has done quite well in his jobs so far.

My one hesitation would be around whether he is a defensively sound enough manager given our issues so far this season but I certainly think we could do a lot worse. 

8 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

It won’t be Lampard. Delia isn’t having Delia Smith’s Norwich City being called Frank Lampard’s Norwich City.

I have it on good authority that she has narrowed it down to two.

Russell Martin or Nigel Worthington. Webber has been overruled and is considering his position. 

Edited by Duncan Edwards
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I have it on good authority that she has narrowed it down to two.

Russell Martin or Nigel Worthington. Webber has been overruled and is considering his position. 

You're a wind up if either of those get the job I'm supporting someone else

I hope it's not Lampard, although I would enjoy watching the media turn 180 degrees and suddenly deciding we deserve to be in the Prem after all once their poster boy got the job.

• Like 2

I’d have him I think there’s more potential benefits than drawbacks to his appointment. Increased media profile, greater player potential pull, has got a side into the play offs should we go down. Chelsea job is always tough don’t forget the won the champions league a couple months after they let him go. 

I'm not really pro-lampard, his record isn't as bad as people have made out on here. Derby was mixed, he had a decent squad but no way of building it in his image as money wasn't being spent at this point. A playoff place was neither a good result or a bad one in the context.

At Chelsea he brought through some excellent academy players but as people have noted, didn't manage to build up from that and looked defensively suspect.

The issue is he would need to buy into a collaborative approach to club wide management, not many previously big name players find that easy and I'd be a little uncomfortable with that. Obviously I don't know the man so I can't be sure of that, but it would be a concern as to whether he could fit into the ethos of the club.

3 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I’d have him I think there’s more potential benefits than drawbacks to his appointment. Increased media profile, greater player potential pull, has got a side into the play offs should we go down. Chelsea job is always tough don’t forget the won the champions league a couple months after they let him go. 

I think that is a fair perspective.  It is quite enjoyable reading some perspectives on how attract the Norwich role would be for some managers, particularly those with experience and a proven track record.

Not for me. Very underwhelming appointment if so. Would very much prefer a favre or Knutsen. Reason being, if we are going to go down, I feel a favre or Knutsen will feel very much a new version of farke. Bring the fans together, bring in a new era. Lampard is the same old tripe. 

1 hour ago, RugbyCanary said:

Not for me. Very underwhelming appointment if so. Would very much prefer a favre or Knutsen. Reason being, if we are going to go down, I feel a favre or Knutsen will feel very much a new version of farke. Bring the fans together, bring in a new era. Lampard is the same old tripe. 

Favre is a miserable old sod though.

A video of a recent training session of ours showed that our players are really not enjoying themselves anymore.

We need a manager who can lighten the mood a bit, lift a weight off their shoulders, they are all deeply depressed. We don't need a carbon copy of Farke. 

10 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

This is not an easy appointment..

There are no easy options. Lampard will do a job.  Shall we let him have a crack? Yes for me.

The corollary of Lampard in .............would definitely be Webber out!!

13 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Favre is a miserable old sod though.

A video of a recent training session of ours showed that our players are really not enjoying themselves anymore.

We need a manager who can lighten the mood a bit, lift a weight off their shoulders, they are all deeply depressed. We don't need a carbon copy of Farke. 

If the ability to lighten the mood was that important, we'd be approaching the likes of Jimmy Carr rather than someone with the knowledge and experience to get the best out of professional footballers.

Depression comes from being bottom of the league and with no obvious solution at hand, with top players being left in the cold and wondering wtf is going on. You'll soon see smiles return if we go on a good run of games and players like Cantwell are restored to the starting XI.

Hughton was a consumate professional and conducted himself superbly, the football and results were dire. Farke was a wonderful guy who gave us some incredible moments, but his PL performances (even in tough circumstances) are also dire.

We don't need 'nice' professionals who get us relegated, we need someone who will turn this team around and get them playing to their maximum, and I couldn't care less if the manager is seen by some as 'miserable', his results and the football speak for themselves far more than the managers exterior personality.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

If the ability to lighten the mood was that important, we'd be approaching the likes of Jimmy Carr rather than someone with the knowledge and experience to get the best out of professional footballers.

Depression comes from being bottom of the league and with no obvious solution at hand, with top players being left in the cold and wondering wtf is going on. You'll soon see smiles return if we go on a good run of games and players like Cantwell are restored to the starting XI.

Hughton was a consumate professional and conducted himself superbly, the football and results were dire. Farke was a wonderful guy who gave us some incredible moments, but his PL performances (even in tough circumstances) are also dire.

We don't need 'nice' professionals who get us relegated, we need someone who will turn this team around and get them playing to their maximum, and I couldn't care less if the manager is seen by some as 'miserable', his results and the football speak for themselves far more than the managers exterior personality.

Ideally we'd have somebody with a winning mentality, as we need somebody to win the Championship for us next season.

Favre hasn't won a league since 2007 (Swiss League) and his only trophy since then was a domestic cup with Dortmund.

Looks like a right has-been....good until he was 50, a recently sacked dinosaur at 64.

Capture.JPG.477d99eb6d98dc54daa3066d3ef6444a.JPG

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

10 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

Go on? Who you got

To be honest, the only names that sound vaguely appealing are the ones who I know nothing about. I didn't think sacking Farke was a good idea and any new appointment would be likely to be a disappointment. So the unknowns at least have the possibility to surprise me.

9 minutes ago, Petriix said:

To be honest, the only names that sound vaguely appealing are the ones who I know nothing about. I didn't think sacking Farke was a good idea and any new appointment would be likely to be a disappointment. So the unknowns at least have the possibility to surprise me.

I still say Domenico Tedesco. Ex Shalke 04,ex Spartak Moscow. Done very well at both.Read his CV. Started off topping the Bundesliga coaching academy,got Shalke to 2nd and left Spartak at top when he left to spend more time with his family in June. Seems a good character,bright AND currently free!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Ideally we'd have somebody with a winning mentality, as we need somebody to win the Championship for us next season.

Favre hasn't won a league since 2007 (Swiss League) and his only trophy since then was a domestic cup with Dortmund.

Of course has hasn't won a league, do you know what teams has was even managing and the incredible levels of overperformance he's instigated at each of them?

He took a below average Hertha team to 4th in the league with a very limited budget.,

Took BMG who hadn't been a force in German football in donkeys years from the verge of relegation to 4th and 3rd place finishes in the bundesliga whilst bringing through some great youth players.

Then took Nice to 3rd - their highest league finish in over 40 years.

Finally went to Dortmund and lead them to successive 2nd place finishes (the same highest place as both Tuchel and Klopp since 12/13).

So yes, he hasn't won titles, but what he has done is performed superbly at pretty much every club he's been at, in most cases under circumstances where nobody would have expected the finishes and results they managed. It's like taking sides such as Palace, Leeds and Southampton to finish 3rd-4th in the PL and then being criticised for not finishing above Man City or Chelsea...

Oh, and he's also not had below a 40% win rate since 2000 despite the sides he's been at!

Edited by Indy_Bones
  • Like 2

My concern is that the Manager has still not been announced. Really should have been called by now, Knowing that DF was to be sacked before Saturday. New manager should have been getting to know and coach those players not called away. Think it is called, Planning. Nobody ticks the boxes from the Betting Lists. Whomever comes in, is unlikely to win a large percentage of games to satisfy a divided crowd. Turmoil coming me thinks. But, I really do hope I am wrong. OTBC