Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Down to the final 2

19 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

In fact we "only" need the incoming manager to have a win %age of 40% to keep us up.  

Didn't realise it was that high... 😮

5 minutes ago, WSM said:

Didn't realise it was that high... 😮

My bad, draws of course could help to get the equivalent of c36 - 37 points, but this would mean the loss percentage fell to less than 50%, which seems low in my mind given the progress to date and the strength of the top 6 or 7 clubs.  But .....😃

5 hours ago, cornish sam said:

Yes, but, the final decision to sack him wasn't taken by the board until Saturday morning (if you believe the reports). He will have probably had informal discussions with his preferred candidates but can't formally offer or talk contract specifics until after then.

The board has no say in it. Hiring and firing is entirely the responsibility of Webber. Although the board can of course sack Webber 

13 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The board has no say in it. Hiring and firing is entirely the responsibility of Webber. Although the board can of course sack Webber 

That's not what is being reported though. The timelines all have Webber presenting his decision to the board on Thursday and the final decision not being rubber stamped by said board until Saturday, though your point is why I caveated it with "if you believe the reports"...

13 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

You might want to reconsider what you've said. Webber makes recommendations to the Board who then sanction that or not. The final decision on sacking / appointing a manager is down to the Board.  

17 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

That's clearly not true or else Farke would have been sacked on Thursday. 

10 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

You might want to reconsider what you've said. Webber makes recommendations to the Board who then sanction that or not. The final decision on sacking / appointing a manager is down to the Board.  

Yes, but if you are working with a director of football system, surely you need to follow the advice of that director. I'm sure it technically lies with the board, but I doubt Webber would stay if his view on that was ignored.

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Guess we not finding out today then

Just to add to what I said on the other thread, I think it’s been reported that this will be a process going on for days rather than hours and that we’re not expected to hear anything until the weekend/early next week.

6 minutes ago, 1902 said:

Yes, but if you are working with a director of football system, surely you need to follow the advice of that director. I'm sure it technically lies with the board, but I doubt Webber would stay if his view on that was ignored.

Exactly. It's what they employed him for. It was quite clear from Delia's face on Saturday that she was unhappy. 

Someone above has said it took so long because it had to be rubber stamped by the board on Saturday. I should think it was far more likely that they were rubber stamping his shortlist for a successor. 

The whole reason for employing Webber is for him to take decisions like this. You don't employ him on a huge salary and then overrule him! 

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

Just to add to what I said on the other thread, I think it’s been reported that this will be a process going on for days rather than hours and that we’re not expected to hear anything until the weekend/early next week.

The suggestion from Michael Bailey in The Athletic is that the discussions at the moment are about backroom staff. He thinks that the decision has been made but discussions with a second candidate are ongoing in case the chosen one pulls out 

6 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Exactly. It's what they employed him for. It was quite clear from Delia's face on Saturday that she was unhappy. 

Someone above has said it took so long because it had to be rubber stamped by the board on Saturday. I should think it was far more likely that they were rubber stamping his shortlist for a successor. 

The whole reason for employing Webber is for him to take decisions like this. You don't employ him on a huge salary and then overrule him! 

The essence of what you say is true but the reality is that Webber has no power to appoint / dismiss managers WITHOUT Board consent. 

If I did something which cost my company a small fortune but I knew would be of benefit without consulting my boss first they would fire me 

point I’m getting at is of course the board would’ve had to have had the final say as they are in control of the purse string 

23 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The suggestion from Michael Bailey in The Athletic is that the discussions at the moment are about backroom staff. He thinks that the decision has been made but discussions with a second candidate are ongoing in case the chosen one pulls out 

The chosen one!? Surely we won't get Mourinho?! (I realise this doesn't make sense, as I was thinking of The Special One. Doh!)

Edited by Grando
Idiocy on my part

3 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

The essence of what you say is true but the reality is that Webber has no power to appoint / dismiss managers WITHOUT Board consent. 

My partner has no power to force me to do the washing up, but it really is a technicality.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

That would make perfect sense why it’s expected to be a process taking a week or so, Dylan 👍 - there’s a fair bit to sort out there. But I’m all for it, as long as they get enough time with the players to get a result against Southampton then I’ll be happy. 

The longer it goes on then the more I’ll suspect it’s someone and their team from abroad, and possibly someone who’s got the further complications of already being employed. A lot more details and obstacles to sort out then what it would be for getting someone up from London etc who’s already out of work for instance, so there may be a clue there.

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Not true. Webber may have the power to hire staff at a lower level but for this job he will have to make a recommendation to the directors.

Let’s hope the chosen one doesn’t pull out

Its embarrassing to pull out

8 minutes ago, damn that Ralph Coates! said:

are we enticing John Terry to train the defence under Frank?

Where is JT nowadays?

It would be rather interesting if Stevie G goes to Villa and we end up with Lampard. Relegation battle between a couple of England greats.

15 minutes ago, damn that Ralph Coates! said:

are we enticing John Terry to train the defence under Frank?

Imagine Frank and Terry  I would take that all day long. Since Terry left villa they have been on a poor run so he must have summit about him. Could be a dream team !!

11 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

It is possible it was Lampard who asked to talk to the club rather than the other way round.

Lampard has been in Norwich last few days . So there must be something in it. Doesn’t mean he’s coming though. 

On 08/11/2021 at 16:45, Nuff Said said:

So they spent silently?

Sorry sir, didn't realise we were being marked on spelling. 

As it is, I was replying in a hurry and couldn't be arsed to change it. 

24 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Sorry sir, didn't realise we were being marked on spelling. 

As it is, I was replying in a hurry and couldn't be arsed to change it. 

No problem, it just made me laugh. 

I will be sending an end of term report to all parents through.

• Haha 1