Mengo

Brentford -Only a win will do. Thats theReality

My feelings. My gut feelings are that only a win will do at Brentford. No ifs no buts. 

The team this week the starting eleven and the subs has got to be spot on. Every game is important but for sure this is one of the most important games without a doubt. 

If Farke and your team don’t look at Brentford’s injury list and run of three league defeats on the trot (particularly the surrender at Burnley) and set up with a genuine belief you can win why even bother? I’m hoping he and they don’t and can’t but that’s pure fan optimism. 

1 hour ago, Mengo said:

My feelings. My gut feelings are that only a win will do at Brentford. No ifs no buts. 

The team this week the starting eleven and the subs has got to be spot on. Every game is important but for sure this is one of the most important games without a doubt. 

I think this post is a month too late. If we win the next 4 games I might get a semi but that's unlikely

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, aBee said:

If Farke and your team don’t look at Brentford’s injury list and run of three league defeats on the trot (particularly the surrender at Burnley) and set up with a genuine belief you can win why even bother? I’m hoping he and they don’t and can’t but that’s pure fan optimism. 

Most of us fans have lost the will to live so really don't care. Nice to see you've been doing well hopefully you're just having a little blip. You've got a good manager and squad. Good luck

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mengo said:

Yes, it's important but a point would show we are still fighting and a good draw would be something to build on.  Small steps.

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yes, it's important but a point would show we are still fighting and a good draw would be something to build on.  Small steps.

If we're happy with a draw at Brentford, just relegate us now and spare us the next painful , long 6 months

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

If we're happy with a draw at Brentford, just relegate us now and spare us the next painful , long 6 months

No one will be particularly happy with a draw, but it will represent a small step in the right direction.

I think we'll lose.
Brentford are too physical for us. It'll be another Watford.

I can only see another  Norwich loss at Brentford.This team just aren't right for the premier League and not sure where they'd be in the championship.Which player is a real leader and where's the belief and drive to win. Hope the players take a good look at themselves and turn up a Brentford ready to fight and bring back 3 points.

• Like 1

I doubt we'll win, but if we do it will just serve to paper over the cracks for another few months, and give Webber an excuse to prolong the inevitable. Let's face it, the season is over. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Papering over the cracks…just need sleepwalking to relegation for the full house…🙄

To be fair, relegation bingo is more fun than watching games right now.

4 minutes ago, The Bunny said:

To be fair, relegation bingo is more fun than watching games right now.

Really? It might not have been a classic but the first 70 minutes of the Leeds game - despite a lack of distinct quality - was a good game. But for a howler from Krul, it was a competitive match. People dig out Kabak but the first part was class, read the game, won the ball but overran it and then nobody closed Rodrigo and Krul closed his eyes presumably. I ****ing hate losing but I still have a nagging whisper in my ear that we could still make a fight of it.

It is starting to sound like it’s in the distance, admittedly, but if Rashica can get on the ball more, Normann can have more influence, we can integrate Gilmour and Cantwell………..

Yeah, it’s a long shot. We nearly did it under Worthy with 8 points from 13. 2 wins in our next 3….

No. I’m not convinced either.

All I can do is get behind them. If it’s Farke, I’ll back him. If they sack him and appoint Dave Bassett, I’ll back him. That’s all I can do. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Why are people still maintaining the fantasy that this squad can get on a pitch, anywhere, with any opposition, and be competitive? Where have you all been looking during the last 10 games?  Hope may beat eternal in the hearts of delusional fans like Lake District, but the rest of us have given up and expect another away drubbing like the last away game. It may not be 7-0 on Saturday but Brentford will be too strong for this characterless squad. If Brentford score just watch the heads and shoulders drop just  like they did on Sunday after Leeds scored their second goal. They just do not have the character or competitive spirit to compete. To say that THIS game is a “must win “ game is to ignore the fact that the Leeds game was a “must win” game and they failed. Expect the worst, the previous 10 games have shown us all what we can look forward to.

Edited by kenfoggo
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, lake district canary said:

No one will be particularly happy with a draw, but it will represent a small step in the right direction.

Lost it. A draw would be awful.

8 hours ago, lake district canary said:

No, in our forlorn attempt to stay in the Premier League, at this stage of the season a point a game is not progress.  It’s just a slightly smaller step backwards than losing.

8 hours ago, lake district canary said:

More like a tiny pointless step moving nowhere!

9 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I keep waiting for these "small steps in the right direction" but they never materialize.

What we really need is a big step in the right direction by getting a manager in who can cope in the PL.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

If we lose I’ll be sick as a moon and if we win I’ll be over the parrot! 😜

Poor Parrot 🦜 !!!

• Haha 1

If we try the same team and formation that has failed the last few games, that will be very dissapointing.

Farke has got to show us that he can adapt to this league with the players at his disposal, and we need to see evidence of progress. 

This is not too much to ask, and it is something that we should as fans expect from our manager. 

9 hours ago, Budapest Canary said:

Brentford is never an easy place to go.

You’re quite right there’s no direct tube line, so it’s a lot of public transport changes and a bit of walking 🤗

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, NWC said:

If we try the same team and formation that has failed the last few games, that will be very dissapointing.

Farke has got to show us that he can adapt to this league with the players at his disposal, and we need to see evidence of progress. 

This is not too much to ask, and it is something that we should as fans expect from our manager. 

Have a feeling Gianoullis will return in place of Rashica and Rupp in for Sargent to add numbers to the midfield.

5-4-1.

A draw will be perfectly good enough. We can bore them to death.