Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Leeds (H/PL) ****

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Gilmour will be gone by Christmas and Tzolis is going to tear up his contract mark my words

To be fair if he’s going 343 I don’t think I’d put Gilmour in the 2 DMs either. Dowell over Tzolis is interesting though, but then so’s Rashica as a wing back. Maybe he thought Dowell offers more defensively than Tzolis if playing Rashica there.

1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

BBC have Dowell in a midfield 3 with Kenny and Normann

This is from the club Twitter though, you’d thought they could get it right! 

433 with Dowell as a 10 makes more sense to me than the graphic from the club.

Edited by Monty13

That team looks like a group of unorganised scrabble letters. Not sure you could get more than a 3-letter word out of them, either.

I don’t want to be too critical without knowing how the team will do but if @lake district canary had put that team out on the ‘line up for Leeds’ thread I reckon he’d have been reported and banned on the spot.

I can’t work out wtf is going to happen down our left hand side?

Wanted to see Tzolis and Gilmour back in. I’m struggling to see how McLean has earned a spot over Lees-Melou, too.

• Haha 2

Its a curious one, Im going to withhold my judgement till after the first 20 minutes. 

Very surprised to see Sargent keep his place and Tzolis not start. Odd to have Rashica as a wing back, really not what I would have done but hey ho thats me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

To be fair if he’s going 343 I don’t think I’d put Gilmour in the 2 DMs either. Dowell over Tzolis is interesting though, but then so’s Rashica as a wing back. Maybe he thought Dowell offers more defensively than Tzolis if playing Rashica there.

Thought Tzolis worked his socks off against Arsenal and Rashica didn't like tracking back. 

2 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Its a curious one, Im going to withhold my judgement till after the first 20 minutes. 

Very surprised to see Sargent keep his place and Tzolis not start. Odd to have Rashica as a wing back, really not what I would have done but hey ho thats me.

I’m not we need someone who can hold the ball up and offer that outball when pressured. Say what you want about his striking prowess in front of goal, he’s done that job pretty well.

Edited by Monty13

Surely it makes more sense (still not a lot though) if one of the CB's is actually playing LB in a 4-2-3-1?

Krul

Aarons, Kabak, Hanley, Omo

Normann, McLean

Sargent,    Dowell,     Raschica

Pukki

Edit - Yes I am aware of the madness of playing a centre back at left back whilst having two on the bench!

Edited by All the Germans

Just now, Monty13 said:

I’m not we need someone who can hold the ball up and offer that outball when pressured. Say what you want about his striking prowess in front of goal, he’s done that job pretty well.

Leeds aren't a side that we will need to hold the ball up against, they will over commit and there will be space to run at them. I think I would have gone 4-2-3-1 and matched them. But like I said this could be a master stroke and im going to reserve judgement as I couldn't call it.

6 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

This is a terrible line up ? Seriously wondering if he is trying to get the sack, how the hell does Kenny keep playing ? 

seemingly the stats all prove how important he is... I like Kenny but he has been dreadful so far this season.

1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Would anyone complain if Farke fielded this team? This is what I'd pick and I think most fans are thinking similar?

norwich-starting-xi-037298247c5d732c75f68067a8b87ee2.jpg

They’ve spent weeks training with 3 at the back. Much as I’d have liked to see us build a team in this formation we haven’t and so I’m going to be honest I’d actually be more worried if he threw everything out and went 4231 in this match.

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

seemingly the stats all prove how important he is... I like Kenny but he has been dreadful so far this season.

It makes you wonder what the deal is with Gilmour and Sorenson that they haven't been able to displace him. I sometimes worry Farke is a little too sentimental with his starters.

Edited by birchfest

Astonished at that line up tbh! Why have we bothered to bring in 2 loan players that never get picked? And a young guy who we are told is going to be world class, yet can’t get a look in despite the dross we’ve had served up week after week! Lose today and that has to be the end for Herr Farke surely! 

2 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Leeds aren't a side that we will need to hold the ball up against, they will over commit and there will be space to run at them. I think I would have gone 4-2-3-1 and matched them. But like I said this could be a master stroke and im going to reserve judgement as I couldn't call it.

I’d like to think we don’t but we’ve punting hopeful balls straight to the opposition when under pressure all season

1 minute ago, birchfest said:

It makes you wonder what the deal is with Gilmour and Sorenson that they haven't been able to displace him. I sometimes sorry Farke is a little too sentimental with his starters.

Farke does remind me of Southgate.. Always seems to pick players he's likes rather than players who deserve to play

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Has Sorensen been shagging Farkes wife or something? 🤷‍♂️

Obviously doesn't rate him but gives him a new contract🤨

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Farke does remind me of Southgate.. Always seems to pick players he's likes rather than players who deserve to play

You mean the players who have been more successful than any other group in over 50 years, by reaching a World Cup semi and a Euros final? I think there may be a reason why he likes those players.

• Like 1

I can’t see how Tzolis and Gilmour played badly enough to get dropped and not be played again but McLean and Sargent play game after game despite being pretty poor.

Edited by Jambomo
  • Like 3