cambridgeshire canary

Halloween Horror show? 🎃 Your Leeds predictions

If we dont play this side, we deserve to lose and I for one wouldnt be sad to see Farke leave...

Krul

Aarons  Hanley Kabak Williams

Normann

Lees-Melou    Gilmour

Rashica       Pukki       Cantwell

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

38 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

If we dont play this side, we deserve to lose and I for one wouldnt be sad to see Farke leave...

Krul

Normann

Lees-Melou    Gilmour

Giannoulis and Tszolis had a strong left sided partnership for half a season at PAOK, so goodness knows why we haven't tried those two down the left yet. 

• Like 1

Norwich City 0 Leeds United 3

”your nothing special we lose every week”.  

going to be fun on here Monday.  

7 minutes ago, Ren said:

Norwich City 0 Leeds United 3

”your nothing special we lose every week”.  

going to be fun on here Monday.  

Webber will not be happy with Singing like that !  tut tut 

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Your first and last sentences remind me of the Forest game when Argos came to the rescue.

The number of messages I sent abusing the team that day after I'd driven back from Nottingham (yeah really). Was worth it in the end tho

Edited by The Raptor

45 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Honestly, 0-0. but only if their Brazilian chap is out. 

Raphinha is fit I believe. The Leeds fans are expecting him to single handed tear us a new one. Apparently he's that good he will be at one of Europe's elite clubs next season. 

Edited by Mullet

1 hour ago, Petriix said:

If we go back to the truly awful 4-3-3 then the result will be no different to its early outings. I'd guess we woud concede at least 3.

If we stick with the 8 at the back then we could scrape another 0-0.

The only way we could win is if we go back to the 4-2-3-1. Then we might nick it 4-3 in injury time.

I agree that the 433 is problematic, but I think that's what Farke will go with. I don't think he'll go back to 4321, I remember reading something on the Athletic about them hearing that Norwich don't think they'll benefit from playing a central no.10 this campaign and it was partly influenced by how everyone struggled in that position last time around., plus we don't have a DM so we'd be very weak centrally.

I'd go 343, abandon playing it out from the back or trying to pass through them, we should break forward quickly and use Normann, Kabak and Omobamideles passing range to play balls into the channels quickly for the wingers or wing backs to run onto and really get at them. When we don;t have the ball it can switch to a 5 at the back but the two wingers will provide us with a dangerous out ball and if Leeds try to smother us we can really hurt them on the break

Kabak Hanley Omobamidele

Aarons Normann Lees-Melou Giannoulis

Tzolis Pukki Rashica

I wouldn't play that against a Burnley or Palace, but I think it could work well against Leeds and Brentford

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Krul

Normann

Lees-Melou    Gilmour

Wow, that’s a rather bold statement, given that for me that isn’t either a) the right formation or b) the right line up….

Leeds 3-0 up after 66 minutes.

Howls of derision all around the ground.

Then Delia sabotages the floodlights by throwing sherry trifle into the main fuse box.

Referee leads the players off.

Match abandoned.

3 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Leeds 3-0 up after 66 minutes.

Howls of derision all around the ground.

Then Delia sabotages the floodlights by throwing sherry trifle into the main fuse box.

Referee leads the players off.

Match abandoned.

At 3.30pm in the afternoon?

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

At 3.30pm in the afternoon?

Yes, the floodlights are on at all times of the day in the modern era (health & safety) - and the clocks will have gone back too. 

3 hours ago, Mullet said:

Raphinha is fit I believe. The Leeds fans are expecting him to single handed tear us a new one. Apparently he's that good he will be at one of Europe's elite clubs next season. 

I have no idea how good he is, but it is fair to say that he's better than anything we have in the creative department.

0-2 Norwich with meaningless possession until the 10th minute when Leeds score. Second one around the 50th. Much booing follows. Why? I don’t know. Farke much more likely to take us back up again. 

14 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

If we dont play this side, we deserve to lose

Nothing sums up our season better than two consecutive posts on this thread, one from @Petriixsaying that if we play the 'truly awful' 433 we'll get stuffed, and then this one from you, saying if we don't play 433 we deserve to lose.

Not sure anyone, including DF, knows our best team.

• Like 1

If the players are still on board, and we fight, then with the right formation and players we could snatch a 2-1.

Aarons, hanley, kabak, Giannoulis 

Normann plm

Rashica dowell tzolis

Pukki

But if we do as I suspect and stick yet again with the insane 532 and personnel, then a single goal sinks us and it ends a 3-0 rout. 

1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Nothing sums up our season better than two consecutive posts on this thread, one from @Petriixsaying that if we play the 'truly awful' 433 we'll get stuffed, and then this one from you, saying if we don't play 433 we deserve to lose.

Not sure anyone, including DF, knows our best team.

I've gone into great detail about the relative merits of a disciplined 2 man midfield with a dedicated central number 10 vs the loose 3 man midfield trying to do the attacking and defending and failing at both.

Given the vast number of goals conceded when playing 3 in midfield, the evidence suggests it's not working. I think we'd at least need to try going back to the double pivot before writing it off. 

I had a very vivid dream last night that Norwich won 3-1 and Josh Sargent scored. It was great, wish I hadn't woken up tbh 🙄.

7 minutes ago, graz said:

I had a very vivid dream last night that Norwich won 3-1 and Josh Sargent scored. It was great, wish I hadn't woken up tbh 🙄.

Fingers crossed you're some kind of dreaming Nostradamus...

OTBC

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Webber will not be happy with Singing like that !  tut tut 

Webber wouldn't have a problem with that, unless it was sung at 0-0 which wouldn't make much sense.

2-1 Norwich.

On 28/10/2021 at 20:12, norfolkngood said:

i can see 0-4 leeds Bamford Hat trick 

Crowd turning and chants of webber whats the score 

Bamford is injured and not playing

I’ve no idea, but I guess a score draw…..2-2.  But my oh my it’s gonna be tense.  I’m already nervous about it, anyone equally got the pre-match nerves feeling? This game feels very important for many reasons this weekend. Ultimately we (well perhaps most?) all want Farke to turn this around.  Come on boys!!! 

10 minutes ago, Danbury Yellow said:

I’ve no idea, but I guess a score draw…..2-2.  But my oh my it’s gonna be tense.  I’m already nervous about it, anyone equally got the pre-match nerves feeling? This game feels very important for many reasons this weekend. Ultimately we (well perhaps most?) all want Farke to turn this around.  Come on boys!!! 

I think we'd all love Farke to turn our season around even those like myself who thinks he should be gone already. He is still here so I 100% hope he delivers some kind of miracle turn around