Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

"Tzolis has potential to be one of the best in the world""

tzolis.png

Some rather interesting comments from Farke from todays presser, more so given he's not even played for us yet and all. 'He has the potential to one day become one of the best wingers in the world.. But I don't want to put pressure on him!'

Alright Tzolis you heard the man.. No pressure 😉

It wouldn't surprise me, having seen Turnbull score a hat-trick for Celtic at the weekend. We certainly have the ability to bring in quality attacking players. 

Farke'n tease.  lol

Wonder what 'mid' term sensibly is... Arsenal away? Watford at home? 🙂

..Champs league final? *ahem*

Edited by Google Bot

I (personally) see tomorrow night as a 'lets see'.......nout to lose really. Let's see how rashica, Sargent, tzolis, cantwell play together. Get back to 2 'sitters' so front guys can have a go!

He also says 'he is a project which helps us mid-long term', so likely won't be seeing huge amounts of him just yet, and perhaps not even this season or until January / a couple of months time? Though I expect he will play tomorrow night, hopefully he gives Farke something to serious think about in the short term too then. 

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

tzolis.png

Some rather interesting comments from Farke from todays presser, more so given he's not even played for us yet and all. 'He has the potential to one day become one of the best wingers in the world.. But I don't want to put pressure on him!'

Alright Tzolis you heard the man.. No pressure 😉

Bit weird if we only give him a few minutes tomorrow. Should play the whole game snd get up to speeds 

Doesn't help us in the mid - long term if were relegated then he's sold! 

Farke can be a funny so and so sometimes. It's almost as if he enjoys going against popular opinion. He throws 18 year olds straight in the deep end, Aarons and OMO case in point. Why a different approach to this 19 year old? Being from Greece, a  period of time will be needed. But I hope we're not still having this conversation come October. 

We can't afford to spend that amount of money on mid - long term projects. If he's only going to be used sparingly this season than we probably shouldn't have bought him, regardless of how much potential he's got.

*Edit - I do think Farke will start him in the EPL soon.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

26 minutes ago, RugbyCanary said:

He may get a few minutes.......

If he's that much potential, surly he gotta play. Nothing ventured etc?!

Farke may well have decided a 5-0 mauling at the hands of Man City would have been detrimental to his experience, and he may have related reasons not to play him for the Bournemouth game. I still trust his judgement even if it seems to be shaken in many others.

3 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Doesn't help us in the mid - long term if were relegated then he's sold! 

Farke can be a funny so and so sometimes. It's almost as if he enjoys going against popular opinion. He throws 18 year olds straight in the deep end, Aarons and OMO case in point. Why a different approach to this 19 year old? Being from Greece, a  period of time will be needed. But I hope we're not still having this conversation come October. 

We can't afford to spend that amount of money on mid - long term projects. If he's only going to be used sparingly this season than we probably shouldn't have bought him, regardless of how much potential he's got.

*Edit - I do think Farke will start him in the EPL soon.

Agree with all of this. This boy is NOT new to professional football so once he's got to grips with any basic language issues and is 'match fit' we need to put him in and see what our £9Million has bought us. If we go down and if he is that good, he won't be hanging around with us so this 'mid to long term' stuff will be irrelevant.  

This is the one bit of football that really hacks at me. Yes he's only 19, I really can't remember what I was doing at 19! But, if he's fit, mastered basic language to train surly he has got to play. Who/what is he being protected from? Full international player with a relative big fee.....if he can't hack it, why did we get him......I know you can't rush it, new country, new team mates, new training techniques, new boss etc. But as mentioned, if we go down and he's is that good, he ain't gonna stay

The mid and long term comment intrigues me, it suggests we won't see too much of him to start with in the Premier League. 

17 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

The mid and long term comment intrigues me, it suggests we won't see too much of him to start with in the Premier League. 

Would imagine that’s just a sensible ploy from Farke to help keep the pressure off him initially, Ken, and people are obviously buying it so it’s working ; ). He basically said that anyway as was clear by his comments about Hanley and Krul. I’m sure we’ll see plenty of him this season once things have settled down, and who knows - he may play so well tonight that he puts himself in the frame for Leicester on Saturday.

• Like 1

A lot of pant wetting on this thread. It seems that some posters just come on this messageboard and mouth off without even bothering to read the stories on the front page. 

So - quote from Farke from the story about Tzolis on the front page.

“Christos is one for the mid to long term. That doesn’t mean in two or three years. But maybe a few weeks,”

Relax people.

16 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Pant wetting?? 😂Calm down TL stop pant wetting about innocent observations 😏😉

Calm down Ken 😉

Wasn't talking about your comments - it was all the 'why did we sign him?' - 'he's a waste of money if we're not going to play him' posts that I was taking aim at. 

Just now, Thirsty Lizard said:

Calm down Ken 😉

Wasn't talking about your comments - it was all the 'why did we sign him?' - 'he's a waste of money if we're not going to play him' posts that I was taking aim at. 

Yeah, I know mate 😁

20 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

He also says 'he is a project which helps us mid-long term', so likely won't be seeing huge amounts of him just yet, and perhaps not even this season or until January / a couple of months time? Though I expect he will play tomorrow night, hopefully he gives Farke something to serious think about in the short term too then. 

Should start tonight and if he has a good game surely an option for Saturday. Leicester are crippled with injuries at the back, pace and trickery will unlock them 

12 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

A lot of pant wetting on this thread. It seems that some posters just come on this messageboard and mouth off without even bothering to read the stories on the front page. 

So - quote from Farke from the story about Tzolis on the front page.

“Christos is one for the mid to long term. That doesn’t mean in two or three years. But maybe a few weeks,”

Relax people.

So we should begin to see Farke's favoured team/system after the international break.

10 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Should start tonight and if he has a good game surely an option for Saturday. Leicester are crippled with injuries at the back, pace and trickery will unlock them 

These are my thoughts too! But they had been dampened somewhat by Farke's 'mid-long term' comments. However, I've just had a look at the article and he actually says:

“Christos is one for the mid to long term. That doesn’t mean in two or three years. But maybe a few weeks,” said Farke. “I won’t put too much expectation on him. He needs time to shine. He is a young lad and we all know how quickly people judge."

So seems like we won't have to wait too long then before we have managed to get a proper look at him, hopefully that starts tonight!

I would of thought a 19 year old would be jumping out of his skin and wanting to run amok.

I really don't see the reasoning behind the excuses NOT to play a 19 year old.

Didn't Max play a full season, at full back, at 19?

3 hours ago, RugbyCanary said:

This is the one bit of football that really hacks at me. Yes he's only 19, I really can't remember what I was doing at 19! But, if he's fit, mastered basic language to train surly he has got to play. Who/what is he being protected from? Full international player with a relative big fee.....if he can't hack it, why did we get him......I know you can't rush it, new country, new team mates, new training techniques, new boss etc. But as mentioned, if we go down and he's is that good, he ain't gonna stay

I think Farkes record with young players suggests you'd have to be pretty daft to question or criticise him on this.

Unless any of the PinkUn massive have vast experience in developing young players into £100 million plus of top domestic talent 😅

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I would of thought a 19 year old would be jumping out of his skin and wanting to run amok.

I really don't see the reasoning behind the excuses NOT to play a 19 year old.

Didn't Max play a full season, at full back, at 19?

Again, Farkes proven he knows what he's doing on this. That you can't see the reasoning but Farke maybe can is hardly surprising.

Just now, hogesar said:

I think Farkes record with young players suggests you'd have to be pretty daft to question or criticise him on this.

Unless any of the PinkUn massive have vast experience in developing young players into £100 million plus of top domestic talent 😅

Hell there’s shed loads, they’ve all signed some kid on FM21 and sold them for millions! No different to the real world easy to do!😉

• Haha 1

They've clearly got the mid to long term plan in mind with every signing. Suggesting that there's an element of acceptance to relegation this season.

6 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

They've clearly got the mid to long term plan in mind with every signing. Suggesting that there's an element of acceptance to relegation this season.

There really isn't. Read the quote again and tell me how using him in a few weeks is acceptance of relegation?

8 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Christ I hope not after two games! 

Hopefully he has a bit more about him than McCallum when he first arrived.

Farke knows best when to play him and who needs to be shipped out on loan. 

To be tagged with potential of being one of the best in the world suggests he won't be going on loan to Rotherham! Hopefully a debut tonight.

14 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Well I hope they have! It’s a certain way of thinking which keeps the club in a good financial place and doesn’t risk our future!

I’m pretty sure there’s a risk assessment carried out on investment into the squad with potential return, no point buying Naismith’s if they can’t keep you up!