Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

"Tzolis has potential to be one of the best in the world""

I’m a great believer that you can tell very quickly if a player “has it” or not. I remember the first time I saw Maddison play you could tell. Just that ease and extra bit of time snd space they create for themselves. 

4 hours ago, Fuzzar said:

4 hours ago, Fuzzar said:

I felt the same about this fella. 

image.png.2a534f9d1508c79a0bd87da03642a3a3.png

Yep Ronnie Verrell didn’t turn out too bad, Fuzzar! I’m sure he’ll be at the pearly gates waiting to welcome Charlie Watts 👍

Edited by Alex Moss

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I’m a great believer that you can tell very quickly if a player “has it” or not. I remember the first time I saw Maddison play you could tell. Just that ease and extra bit of time snd space they create for themselves. 

No kidding. It was a friendly against Coventry I think, and Maddison just oozed quality. Told the kids - best player at the club right there, which he subsequently proved to be true. So I was very encouraged by Tzolis, quite apart from the goals and assist, the quality of being in the right place at the right time is priceless. 

35 minutes ago, Upo said:

You have a point, but aren't you worried that blowing this performance out of all proportions could backfire if  things don't work out as well against PL tier opponents? I'm sort of seeing a scenario where he'll be "found out" by top tier opposition and suddenly he doesn't look superhuman. We need to give him time. Remember Gilmour was hyped to the Moon after Scotland's game against England and and now we're not sure he even starts for us. I mean he is fantastic going forward but lacks toughness and experience to defend. Expectations must be checked against reality.

OK, After raining on this parade I need to confess that it is really hard to not get swept up by the excitement. It was the perfect game to clear the ManC disappointment and Tzolis was key to it. I hope he starts against Leicester. After that match we'll be a lot wiser.

Can only say it as I see it, Upo! But it’s clear even before we signed him that he’s a wonderful talent, and could well be a future superstar. Don’t see any reason not to be anything other than very optimistic about him, and why not eh? : )

Edited by Alex Moss

I liked the way he delayed the shot and committed the defender for his first goal - ice in the veins.