The Bristol Nest

Manchester City Match Thread

Watching the goals... Both lucky finishes... 

But we can't get hold of the ball... And as soon as we do it's out for a throw in... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Comment from Jermaine Beckford on BBC:

Norwich are putting themselves in so many predicaments and it's their own problem and fault.  They're causing themselves so many issues trying to play it out from the back and City are just setting traps, they're closing them down really well. Norwich aren't really doing themselves any favours.

Keeping faith in the system is potentially foolhardy or alternatively will pay dividends against weaker teams

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kirku said:

We've started off the season against 2 of the 3 best teams in the country..

Perspective

2 of the best teams in the world.

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Glad you are enjoying watching it.

No one enjoys watching their team lose but I have the ability of foresight and realism

If anyone expected anything different after the preseason and squad turnaround we had then they need their head checking 

we never turn up before the end of august start of September under Farke so why was this season going to be any different 

chill the f*<k out and enjoy the ride 

• Like 3

Just now, CirclePoint said:

2 of the best teams in the world.

Almost certainly

Just now, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Trying to out football good football players never works. We look predictably out of our depth. 
Again. 

Worked against this team 2 years ago. What do we do, rip up our philosophy and hire Pulis?

For all the talk of lessons learned it's very clear that we haven't learned a damn thing. I know it's Man City but they wouldn't be doing this to Watford/Brentford/Brighton etc. 

We're still trying to tippy tap it around our own penalty box, still not getting back to defend counter attacks, still getting skinned after leaving our FB exposed, still leaving Pukki alone and isolated. Just so poor, why we didn't play Sargent so we had an out ball I have no idea. 

1 minute ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Watching the goals... Both lucky finishes... 

But we can't get hold of the ball... And as soon as we do it's out for a throw in... 

We're so unlucky, just like last time. 

We fouled 4 times last week to Liverpools 14.... if ever there are games where we need to win the foul count, its against the top teams to disrupt there play.... Man City have control of the ball yet we only have one foul after 27 minutes.... to their 3......

1 minute ago, kirku said:

Perspective

We haven't crossed the halfway line in control of the ball once in this match that I've seen.  I don't care who the opposing team is, if you're still in the literal same league, that isn't good enough.

1 minute ago, Yobocop said:

No one enjoys watching their team lose but I have the ability of foresight and realism

If anyone expected anything different after the preseason and squad turnaround we had then they need their head checking 

we never turn up before the end of august start of September under Farke so why was this season going to be any different 

I expected to lose, but I expect Man City to work for it and not have it handed to them

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Trying to out football good football players never works. We look predictably out of our depth. 
Again. 

Honest question how do you expect us to look away from home v the premier league champions? 

3 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

But it’s all absolutely fine - the clappers have said so. You just say “but it’s Man City” to replace “but it’s Liverpool” last week and keep pretending selling our most creative player and not replacing skipp or upgrading the defence hasn’t left us totally outclassed in this division…

Webber knows that we need defensive reinforcement, Farke knows that we need it, I know it, you know it. I'm 90% sure it will come before the end of the window.

1 minute ago, Number9 said:

Last week, I'd buy the bad luck.  This week, I'm not buying it.  We've been streamrollered by man city, with zero response (thus far).

4 minutes ago, kirku said:

Perspective

This, but replace 'country' with 'world'.

7 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Just as weak defensively as last time sadly.

Long hard season in prospect.

This is why I don’t get your reputation as some sort of oracle.

No patience, no perspective, let’s all panic!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Oh we deserve to be 2 down. But just when the goals go in the way they have, makes us look so darn soft...

Honest question how do you expect us to look away from home v the premier league champions? 

Hard to break down, not trying to stick to a system and formation designed to outplay a better team. 

• Like 1

Better than this to be TBH. 

2 minutes ago, Orly said:

Last week, I'd buy the bad luck.  This week, I'm not buying it.  We've been streamrollered by man city, with zero response (thus far).

Yeah we really should be beating teams like Man City 

• Haha 1

I don't enjoy my team getting stuffed. We know the start is hard but we must compete. Not just chase around.

All so predictable before a ball was kicked. Where is the gun, Stuart?

Compact, tight, aggressive, organised, determined .....

... and if we can't get out, then we should have Idah on the park so we can hit the ball long for him to chase, to release the pressure and move us up the pitch... 

And to think someone on here claimed that Dimi was clearly streets ahead of Brandon Williams when I suggested his imminent loan signing was an upgrade on what we had... Dimi is great going forward but defensively a joke, he was lucky many a time last season against inferior opposition, now he's being shown up majorly

Just now, WD40 said:

All so predictable before a ball was kicked. Where is the gun, Stuart?

Of course it’s predictable, they are a top team and we aren’t 

2 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Yeah we really should be beating teams like Man City 

No we shouldn't, but we shouldn't be bending over, pulling our shorts down and presenting them our **** holes!!!!