Sign in to follow this  
Bill

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Liverpool *****

We're gonna win today.

I think it's Liverpool and Chelsea we haven't beaten the longest in the top league, both since 1994 - so we owe them one 👊🏻

Pleased with that line up - we hopefully will be more combative in midfield than last time 👌

With that line up if we approach this game with the 'win every ball, fight for every challenge, counter attack at pace' mentality we had v City 2 season ago we could have some joy tonight. If we try to keep the ball and pen them into their box we will just get destroyed on the counter attack, so as much as I like that lineup our mentailty and tactical approach will be just as important and I'm really interested to see how Farke approaches this game. 

27 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Shame as I thought Tzolis had plenty of game time and could have offered something of an unknown.

Unlikely that players signed this week would start, DF likes to bed them in first. I expect we'll see him though, that bench looks full of options which is good.

16 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Liverpool line up doesn’t look so scary to me… not sure why!

Liverpool front three is pretty terrifying.. More so as they will be running at a rusty just recovered Hanley who probably still has flashbacks from his last time againt them

1 minute ago, Yellow and Green said:

Anyone found a reliable link?

It’s on Nowtv, just pay the tenner.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Liverpool front three is pretty terrifying.. More so as they will be running at a rusty just recovered Hanley who probably still has flashbacks from his last time againt them

It’s always terrifying though, let’s face it home or away these are freebies that are a bonus if we get anything from, just keeping GD down is a good result. 

Hanley amd Gilmour were important parts of a team which nullified one of the Euro finalists, lets not lose all hope!!!!

27 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Liverpool line up doesn’t look so scary to me… not sure why!

Half of them do look scary. Alisson, TAA, Van Dijk, Mane, Salah all excellent. The others are 'just' good.

Going off the BBC live feed it looks like we're getting pushed back, but keeping the ball quite well for the most part.

7 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Going off the BBC live feed it looks like we're getting pushed back, but keeping the ball quite well for the most part.

We're going toe to toe with them. 

Bit lucky that goal. 

Next few minutes are crucial, rally or collapse?

Edited by interwebme