Sign in to follow this  
Bill

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Liverpool *****

(a) referee got in the way of a great attack

(b) Pukki fouled

(c) Salah with lucky touch

• Like 1

Tough for us going from little or no pre season to playing Liverpool. 

I'm hoping for no injuries above all else, especially Hanley who hasn't played. 

Team still bedding in. Let's take anything we can glean from this. 

1 minute ago, Ramrod said:

Team still bedding in. Let's take anything we can glean from this. 

Yeah you could see that when Pukki played near post for Rashica when he'd dropped back to far post- clearly not used to playing with each other yet so can't read each others intentions.

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

Love him but Krul should save that really- ita straight at him.

Krul does sometimes get beaten far too easily. He isn't a great shot stopper, his assets are his positioning, organisation and mental strength. In the EPL given the amount of pressure and amount of shots we'll concede, his flaws start to show.  

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Krul does sometimes get beaten far too easily. He isn't a great shot stopper, his assets are his positioning, organisation and mental strength. In the EPL given the amount of pressure and amount of shots we'll concede, his flaws start to show.  

Can't agree with the bit in bold much unless you're being very literal with the word "great" - he's a good shot stopper and very good on penalties.

• Like 1

Not a bad first half, unlucky with the goal , but we haven’t caused them enough problems. Nice run from Rashica at the end of the half. Need more touches in the box-how do we achieve that?

Ascthe cliche goes  showing a bit too much respect  need to get a bit tighter. Rashica a bit wide, we check back a bit too much, I think a few longer balls for Todd and MR to chase would be interesting.

That was a pretty good half from us. The difference between that and the last 20 halves the last time we were in the Premier League is massive. 

Team is looking sharp!

Teemu, Todd, Max, Pierre, Milos, Gibson looking good. Gilmour too. Defence a bit shaky, but not terrible. Bad luck goal, preceded by bad call from ref.

Todd, Teemu, Max and Pierre, and Krul stand out.

Rashica missed one run by Teemu badly. Needs to sharpen there.

Edited by Upo

Solid enough first half, with a slightly unlucky goal.

Rashica is clearly still bedding in and so some of his decision making hasn't worked.

My main fear, that teams would just slice straight through our central midfield hasn't been born out which is nice to see. Would like to see more from Rupp though, who has felt like a spare part so far.

I think Gilmour needs to be a bit sharper, slowing it down and trying to be too deft. But a decent start for us  considering.

Sounds like we’re doing quite well. Not threatening them but if by chance we did manage to get something out of this game I think the Reds would go red in the face

We look a really good side, like we did last time against the top teams. If we can perform like this against the lower teams we'll be fine. But we dont seem to turn up to Brighton ot Burnley away. This should be 1-1 with pukkis chance. I'd be over the mood of we get a draw today

We are playing better than Brentford and Watford. Unfortunately our opponents are Liverpool

Edited by Rock The Boat

Very happy with that first half. Something to build on, and if the first 45 mins of the season we're any indication, we'll be a thorn in the side of quite a few teams this year.

• Like 1

Good to be back here at CR. Crowd in good voice. A decent performance against really top opposition.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Can't agree with the bit in bold much unless you're being very literal with the word "great" - he's a good shot stopper and very good on penalties.

I think this is as much down to his mental strength and ability to get into the oppositions head. Similarly he's good on one on ones, where he seems to attract the shot straight @ him... smash one low and hard from 25 yards he's in trouble. 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto