Sign in to follow this  
Bill

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Liverpool *****

1 minute ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I'm going to be in a foul fu***** mood for a while. Please don't take my negative posts as a reflection on my level of support. But ffs I'm so depressed and annoyed

We ran out of gas. Half the squad is recovering from Covid. Look at 1st half performance. It was solid.

For all the hope, if Liverpool get another we're worse off than 2 years ago! And they've been cruising in about 3rd gear all game.

Still, we always know Norwich never win 1st games of the season

Just now, chicken said:

Watford beat a Villa side that failed to look dangerous going forward, Brentford beat an Arsenal side that will be in a relegation battle if they repeat that sort of performance. Brentford weren't amazing, they were solid, Arsenal were shocking.

We are playing one of what is looking like three favs for the title, who have won the title and the Champions league and have a team glittering with internationals and trophy winners.

SHOCK? No. 

You can discredit Watford and Brentford all you want, but the chances of us doing similar to Villa and Arsenal are slim. 

Unfortunately given our first four games we will probably be bottom of the table with a massive negative goal difference. It will then be a season long fight to catch up. I was really hoping we could keep Liverpool down to one or two goals but predicated a 3-0 defeat based on our tendency to collapse as the game goes on. We need that CDM and CB asap so that when the opening tough run of games is done we can hopefully start to get some points.

• Like 1

Sargent looks alright since coming on. I dont understand when we have the ball and pass it to a defender they seem to want to run towards our own goal and pressurise ourselves 

1 minute ago, Jsim1986 said:

Honestly what does Rupp offer, he is not good enough at this level

Was just thinking the same. He doesn't seem to have a best position and can't see him getting in this side or offering much this season

6 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

nobody on the edge of the box there... its pure naevity and not good enough. Sorry to be harsh but if we're gonna make a go of it in this league we need to step up and stop giving such easy goals

Have to say I agree with this and I hate zonal marking from corners. Liverpool have had a line of 3 just on the edge of the penalty box for every corner. It's been a case of something waiting to happen. So, yeah, if I can see it then it is naïve.

Just now, Ward 3 said:

Sargent looks alright since coming on. I dont understand when we have the ball and pass it to a defender they seem to want to run towards our own goal and pressurise ourselves 

Lack of confidence and forward options. 

We're playing a title contender and champions league contenders, 3 down at home. We've had a messed up pre season and already our own fans are wetting pants and have us to go down. Jesus. People say we don't change on the pitch. And majority of you don't change either. 

• Like 6

Just now, interwebme said:

You're a Norwich player rn, what's going through your mind? 

Not sure, maybe "if I get picked to start at least I know I'll play at least 75 minutes regardless of how bad things are".

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Lack of confidence and forward options. 

But there's been plenty of options to pass the midfield

Just now, Ward 3 said:

God I hate Liverpool fans

I got a bar full of them here - they just offered me and the missus a drink - if another wheel cap stealer says ‘Won’t be seeing you next season’  I might need to renew my shotgun licence. - Joke… I’m not going on a shooting spree😂

• Haha 1

Just now, Foxy2600 said:

I got a bar full of them here - they just offered me and the missus a drink - if another wheel cap stealer says ‘Won’t be seeing you next season’  I might need to renew my shotgun licence. - Joke… I’m not going on a shooting spree😂

At least we're maintaining our class...

• Like 1

It’s blatantly obvious we r short of quality at CB, an attacking midfielder and a decent striker. Farke has one hand tied behind his back already!

3 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

You can discredit Watford and Brentford all you want, but the chances of us doing similar to Villa and Arsenal are slim. 

Yes, because it won't be the first game of the season. I don't see any of those four sides, doing any better than us against Liverpool performing like this.

Villa will get better as their new players start to gel. Arsenal will get better the moment they put on or both of Lacazette and Abamyang on the pitch - and add the players that Arteta is clearly making a point about.

I'm not discrediting anyone - but no one predicted that poor a performance from Arsenal or Villa, well bellow their normal levels. Liverpool arrive at Carrow Road in the sort of form we hoped they wouldn't and people are spitting their dummies out because we didn't do a Watford or Brentford - please. Match Day 1. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jsim1986 said:

Honestly what does Rupp offer, he is not good enough at this level

I like Rupp. He offers a lot, but not in a specific role. He is versatile and he's got a good brain. I think it's his physicality that is not quite PL tier. I always considered him an insurance policy kind of guy who can hold up the fort in number of midfield roles.

Anyway, we need defensive reinforcement and focusing on areas that aren't strong as opposed to areas where we are really struggling is something we can't afford.

The scoreline is disappointing but there have been many encouraging signs. My pants are still firmly dry. Unlike many posting on here (who mysteriously we’ve heard little from for a while).

• Like 1

Just now, Upo said:

I like Rupp. He offers a lot, but not in a specific role. He is versatile and he's got a good brain. I think it's his physicality that is not quite PL tier. I always considered him an insurance policy kind of guy who can hold up the fort in number of midfield roles.

Anyway, we need defensive reinforcement and focusing on areas that aren't strong as opposed to areas where we are really struggling is something we can't afford.

Yeah he's useful but I really don't think he's a starter at this level. Hopefully McLean can step in to replace him soon.