TeemuVanBasten

Hope Sargent isn't true.

Well, if Tzolis comes in as well, he'll already know Giannoulis's game inside-out, and Rashica and Sargent should already be well-drilled. Counter-attacking is looking like the Plan B we didn't really have in the Premier League last time.

Not to mention, will that be the transfer record going twice in this window? Or mebbe even three times? Did Rashica count as a new record - or indeed will Tzolis be one?

Edited by TheGunnShow
Transfer record question for discussion.

7 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

TvB is gutted right now no doubt.... 😏

I suspect Adam Idah might be slightly deflated.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

I suspect Adam Idah might be slightly deflated.

Part of growing up in the game learning to fight for your shirt. 

13 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Not to mention, will that be the transfer record going twice in this window? Or mebbe even three times? Did Rashica count as a new record - or indeed will Tzolis be one?

Apparently Sargent isn't a club record signing, according to the Pink Un.

I think Rashica is though, but Tzolis might break it by the end of week.

On 06/08/2021 at 00:21, TeemuVanBasten said:

Can't remember seeing a player as "one footed" as this for a long long time.

Seriously, just watch it, he looks like he's not got the ability to use his left foot at all, its the weirdest thing I've seen in football at this level.  

Afraid you're wrong and he gives you a great big 🖕

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

TvB is gutted right now no doubt.... 😏

Lets hope he proves me wrong. 

I wonder where that leaves Hugill. 

The American international has joined City for a fee just below their current club record. Tzolis' arrival would eclipse that. 
The signing of the precocious talent will see Norwich complete their business at the top end of the pitch unless a frontline option, like Todd Cantwell, was to depart. Jordan Hugill is expected to complete a move away from the club before the end of the window. 

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Lets hope he proves me wrong. 

I wonder where that leaves Hugill. 

I think he will. As for Hugill, I suspect it leaves him on his bike. 

On 06/08/2021 at 07:57, chicken said:

And you don't want people to ignore you, Yobocop is right in that sense. If people ignored you, who would read your posts? All of three or four people maybe?

Well you've got a former Archant employee speculating that the Pinkun might not pull the numbers it requires to save it from the axe of the new CEO.

And then you've got people like me who instigate threads which divide opinion, provoke debate, and therefore get 7000 views in a couple of days. Its how talksport survives, why do you think Chris Sutton and Robbie Savage keep getting gigs. 

Not sure I understand your question though, is it a complete oxymoron?  "If people ignored you, who would read your posts?", wouldn't a similar question be "if the world was flat, would it still be round?".

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Looking on the Bremen FB page, in the main there seems a lot of anger that he's been sold. 

Never nice to lose a popular player so feel sorry for them, but if there’s a lot of anger at his transfer then that can only be a positive for us I guess. Got a feeling he’s going to be a good player for us.

What we have with Sargent and Tzolis is proven talent at the highest level. Both having played and proven successful in the countries to flight, at 19.

Armstrong has less 'mileage' left (being older) and has not proven himself in the top flight. Hugill seemed to be ok at Preston, but lasted all of 20 mins at WHU, in 3 sub appearances.

Too many on here are stuck in some 1970s timewarp where players have fixed positions/roles etc and so we must have a player (s) who is a striker, and performs that role. Check the movement of Cantwell in setting up our second v Gillingham. He must have changed the 'formation' about 3 times in those few seconds of movement.

The way we are playing is that anyone of six or seven players can get into a scoring position based on losing their marker - hence the constinuous movement. We saw both Giannoulis and Aarons getting into the opposition box to have a shot.

Both these signings are towards that aim. That ability to move quickly, as with Rashida. It will upset the formation fannies, but I expect all three to be playing in the manner of Cantwell and our second goal. At the moment, I do not see Idah fitting into that type of play. Though if he goes out on loan will it be to sharpen him up, or to hone his skill at the way we are playing / It can only be the former.

So apart from a couple of CBs and the keeper, don't expect to see the rest sticking to a designated area of the pitch, nor endlessly checking to see if they are in the correct position in relation to the rest of the team.

But do expect Chris Goreham, and the odd summariser, to pick up on this as they more regularly watch our games than sky/MOTD.

22 minutes ago, Bill said:

What we have with Sargent and Tzolis is proven talent at the highest level. Both having played and proven successful in the countries to flight, at 19.

Armstrong has less 'mileage' left (being older) and has not proven himself in the top flight. Hugill seemed to be ok at Preston, but lasted all of 20 mins at WHU, in 3 sub appearances.

Too many on here are stuck in some 1970s timewarp where players have fixed positions/roles etc and so we must have a player (s) who is a striker, and performs that role. Check the movement of Cantwell in setting up our second v Gillingham. He must have changed the 'formation' about 3 times in those few seconds of movement.

The way we are playing is that anyone of six or seven players can get into a scoring position based on losing their marker - hence the constinuous movement. We saw both Giannoulis and Aarons getting into the opposition box to have a shot.

Both these signings are towards that aim. That ability to move quickly, as with Rashida. It will upset the formation fannies, but I expect all three to be playing in the manner of Cantwell and our second goal. At the moment, I do not see Idah fitting into that type of play. Though if he goes out on loan will it be to sharpen him up, or to hone his skill at the way we are playing / It can only be the former.

So apart from a couple of CBs and the keeper, don't expect to see the rest sticking to a designated area of the pitch, nor endlessly checking to see if they are in the correct position in relation to the rest of the team.

But do expect Chris Goreham, and the odd summariser, to pick up on this as they more regularly watch our games than sky/MOTD.

Has to be a parody account. Absolutely has to be. There's no one with an ego so big they can't accept they once said a silly thing about formations not being real, and not only persisting with it, but bringing it up himself! 

I like parody accounts, they can be fun. But you need a new angle. 

Now that it is true, maybe the OP can change the title to “I hope this is just a dream” 🤔

Personally I’m delighted not just because of a new signing but because yet again we’ve gone left-field and under the radar to acquire an exciting prospect. I was actually explaining to my mum of all people (who knows very little about football) just how amazing this period is for a club like Norwich as even in the championship we were one of the poorest clubs (league table of wealth of owners). So to bring in signings like we have recently is utterly remarkable. Hats off to Delia & co 😀😀😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Bill said:

Yep, ive said it last day or so, Lakey said it to, now Bill to..one needs to look at our attacking signings this window and for me Sargent feels a much more potentially good signing for City than Armstrong, because along with Rashica, Tzolis, Lees Melou to add to Cantwell and Dowell, never mind Pukki himself, there are potentially goals to come from any guy at anytime...that flexibility to be able move around and keep oppo defences on the spin and guessing who is going to what and where could be fascinating. I think Teemu could work with this as hes been used to Emi and Todd doing such things, but agree with Bill in some respect that it could make it harder for Idah to work with  such a scenario..

We will see as the season develops what is to be, but no doubt a few tonkings in the first few weeks but SW has done what he promised and given DF the ammo...now its up to DF to use it..im pretty happy with our new signings and must admit a bit awestruck how much we have spent on these guys. OTBC.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Sigh… Whose turn is it?

24 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Never mind whose turn it is. What formation are we playing in?

I wouldn't worry about the defence, it's clear Bill's not got a lot to offer up top.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bill said:

What?

6 hours ago, hogesar said:

Has to be a parody account. Absolutely has to be. There's no one with an ego so big they can't accept they once said a silly thing about formations not being real, and not only persisting with it, but bringing it up himself! 

I like parody accounts, they can be fun. But you need a new angle. 

TvB seems to have become  a parody account  Hoggo, read  the bit where ge compares himself  to Chris Sutton and Robbie Savage.  I also love the old " I hope I'm wrong......really? Which is greater his love of city or his love of being right?

5 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Never mind whose turn it is. What formation are we playing in?

Norwich will be playing FOUR,FOUR, fu**ing TWO.😀

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

Now that it is true, maybe the OP can change the title to “I hope this is just a dream” 🤔

There have been like 20 Sargent threads, and only 1 has been negative.

A ratio of 1:20, or 5%, falls within the "I'm sure he won't lose any sleep" threshold. 

Football fans are fickle, especially me, and I hope that this player can develop and push on under Farke.

I should concede that I am a little bit curious about how far Farke can take Idah and Sargent, what with Farke having been a striker himself in his playing career. I suspect he's really keen to help one 'make it'.

• Like 1

It's obvious to me Sargent is fulfilling the Fellaini role at Everton and Man U - fantastic crazy hair and can play at 10, CDM and as a CB.

59 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

There have been like 20 Sargent threads, and only 1 has been negative.

A ratio of 1:20, or 5%, falls within the "I'm sure he won't lose any sleep" threshold. 

Football fans are fickle, especially me, and I hope that this player can develop and push on under Farke.

I should concede that I am a little bit curious about how far Farke can take Idah and Sargent, what with Farke having been a striker himself in his playing career. I suspect he's really keen to help one 'make it'.

I think it could be argued that he's helped Pukki 'make it'.

Certainly Teemu has had the most successful period of his career with us. Sure Farke has played a big part in this. 

12 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Never nice to lose a popular player so feel sorry for them, but if there’s a lot of anger at his transfer then that can only be a positive for us I guess. Got a feeling he’s going to be a good player for us.

That was my point 😃👍

• Haha 1

On 06/08/2021 at 07:29, wcorkcanary said:

Stick to the day job Teemu van Pulpit, the Scouting dept are ok as they are, thanks for the input, Clown.

They should hire me pal, clown uniform optional.