Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

England v Denmark

What’s the score going to be then folks?

(and isn’t Lungi mates with a certain Phil Billing?)

E8676A83-3A98-4913-AB81-C0D54CD92850.png

My better half would strongly disapprove of that socks & flip-flops combo. Don't see the issue myself, sometimes do it just to annoy her.

• Haha 1

I've got faith in this England side to do the job tonight. Clearly it's not a given but doesn't mean you're not allowed to be confident.

I wonder if we name an unchanged side? I think the overload that Sancho and Sterling provided last game worked absolute wonders so would hope we stick with it. I could see him thinking Saka might provide a bit more work rate down the left though. We have so much quality in reserve in attacking mid its a tough call. We've barely seen what Foden can do for instance.

I think England have been spot on this tournament so far, and are Denmark a bigger threat than Croatia? I'd see them as similar teams and we did okay against them in the group stage. That said, we haven't beaten them in our last 2 matches so it certainly isn't a given. But this is the stage of the tournament where you have to be the best of the best to earn the right to fight to be the best in Europe and for once I do feel like this England side has something about them. I'm not sure it'll be enough to get past Italy, but it should be enough to get into the final tonight

Denmark are at their best at full throttle. I think England will slow the game down as much as possible and nick the game from a set piece or corner. I'm not expecting a classic.

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Without being cocky, this team needs to tell itself that it is better than Denmark. No fear. No sitting back.

From an 'on paper' standpoint England does have a stronger team, but at the end of the day we all know that this is England and so it never quite works out that way- I have no doubt in my mind we should have at least bagged a goal against Scotland for instance.

And of course, I'm sure we remember the days when we had Beckham, Lampard, Scholes, Rooney, Ferdinand etc all in their prime and all on the same team and they did absolutely **** all for us..

It's the hope that always gets you in the end though. Here's hoping we win. God I just want to watch England make it to a final..

3 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Without being cocky, this team needs to tell itself that it is better than Denmark. No fear. No sitting back.

The defensive nature so far may not be winning many friends but for me, international football isn’t about performances, it’s solely about results. I don’t care if I fall asleep halfway through the game tonight as long as when someone wakes me up they tell me that we won.

I wouldn’t enjoy it week in week out but can handle a few games a year if it gets results. It’s an all or nothing approach, we will win a major tournament or we go out with a whimper ‘not giving it a go’ and that’s fine as I’ve seen the ‘unlucky to get knocked out’ semi final appearances and nobody remembers the unlucky bit, just that we got knocked out.

Edited by Son Ova Gunn

Got a feeling England are going to be chasing the game towards the end and will need to stop their regular style of play and go toe to toe with the Danes. Course reading this it shoulds like ballocks and England should easily win it's just something is telling me Denmark are going to give England a real game.

Edited by KiwiScot

3 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Looks like there'll be one change from Saturday with Saka replacing Sancho. Big call to play Saka ahead of Sancho, Foden and Grealish but the theory seems to be that Saka will track Maehle better.

I think Saka has played better than Sancho, but keeping Foden out is interesting as he looked good in our first game and could well have scored a few. I would imagine Foden/Grealish and Sancho will be able to inject some different dimensions and pace into the game later on. Grealish especially was incredibly good coming off the bench against Germany 

If 90% of our players reach 8/10 or 9/10 performances then I am very confident that we will win with a tad to spare. Less than that and Denmark will have a chance. Denmark will be feeling the pressure too, don't forget. Let's not default that we have the only players who are feeling the weight of the occasion. They (Denmark) are full of the bravado before the game, because they know we are at home, but let's see what also happens to them once the whistle goes.

Edited by Crabbycanary3

4 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Denmark are at their best at full throttle. I think England will slow the game down as much as possible and nick the game from a set piece or corner. I'm not expecting a classic.

I agree, Southgate will focus on not letting the Danes play and I suspect the Danish manager will be doing the same and trying to stop England's flair players first.  A bore fest is about to befall us, but I have no idea who is going to win out.

4 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

England will smash them. Go for the throats early on and get that goal within the first 15. Then it's won.

Oh god you jinxed t. Why is everyone so confident? Anytime that happens we/England pull an Iceland

For Pickford's excellence in the tournament, he's getting a dose of Joe Hart Syndrome now and again. He looks so jumpy that I think he might have an error in him.

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

For Pickford's excellence in the tournament, he's getting a dose of Joe Hart Syndrome now and again. He looks so jumpy that I think he might have an error in him.

You talked that up. Should've saved that imo

How **** is Pickford! Surely there’s better!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1