Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NeymarSmith

What would we class as a good transfer window?

Recommended Posts

Now Emi has gone and still sadly no further word on skipp despite his house hunting, what would we consider a good window?

Will we consider keeping Todd and max more important than bringing in first team replacements?

I'd take Angus Gunn coming as red. I'd love to see us go big and get Philip billing and Harry Wilson. Premier League experience players within our price range id assume. Would we prefer another year of skipp or permanent signing of billing. Both would be great but unlikely

The striker situation I can't see changing, unless it's a youngster as who's going to come in and play second fiddle to pukki.

Do we need another CB or are we happy to go Gibson Hanley zimbo plus one of Omabamidele, Famewo or rocky bushri. Can anyone think of anyone we could get who may be worth it? Duffy prehaps? And old head, not in favour at Brighton, didn't light up Celtic on loan so may be available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

Now Emi has gone and still sadly no further word on skipp despite his house hunting, what would we consider a good window?

Will we consider keeping Todd and max more important than bringing in first team replacements?

I'd take Angus Gunn coming as red. I'd love to see us go big and get Philip billing and Harry Wilson. Premier League experience players within our price range id assume. Would we prefer another year of skipp or permanent signing of billing. Both would be great but unlikely

The striker situation I can't see changing, unless it's a youngster as who's going to come in and play second fiddle to pukki.

Do we need another CB or are we happy to go Gibson Hanley zimbo plus one of Omabamidele, Famewo or rocky bushri. Can anyone think of anyone we could get who may be worth it? Duffy prehaps? And old head, not in favour at Brighton, didn't light up Celtic on loan so may be available.

2 centre midfielders, ideally Skipp +1, a central defender, a premier league quality number 10, and lose no more players would be good for me, 

I'd also be happy with an understudy to Pukki too, but thats less of a priority. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We definitely need someone to push Pukki. Two years older than when we were last in this league and a heavy domestic and international schedule in that time.

We looked toothless when he was carrying an injury the last time. We obviously thought Drmic would be that alternative then and I don't expect us to go into this season without one, irrespective of whether Idah can make the step up.

Another CB and some reinforcements for central midfield as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about pukkis Finnish team mate Joel pohjenpalo. Looked handy last night, been on main away from Leverkusen for last two seasons. Decent ish goal scoring/games played.

He look good last night just an idea is all, seeing as he may wish to have tips from teemu and maybe we can loan to buy.

I think it's a great point that it will be hard to get a really top goalscorer here who is accepting he will be second choice, certainly initially, behind pukki

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One where we actually show some ambition to stay in the premier league

Bigger, stronger, quicker and more quality across the piece 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

One where we actually show some ambition to stay in the premier league

Bigger, stronger, quicker and more quality across the piece 

I'm afraid you will have to prepare yourself for a big disappointment...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally not bothered about Billing for his touted price. I think there would be better players available for less money. Harry Wilson would be a good signing, but I suspect Liverpool would ask too much money for us to consider.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Difficult to say.

If we stay up then its been a good transfer window.

If we go down but have improved the first XI and have players with potential to build around going forward then it would also be a decent window. 

No point getting tied to particular players at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of the names and positions mentioned are only broadly realistic if we sell Max as well.

I don't think much will happen until then. If it doesn't happen, and you have to doubt it will bearing in mind the price tag put on him (and rightly so), a replacement for a Skipp and a backup keeper will probably be all the business we can afford to do.

That would be a very disappointing window but early days yet. I do wonder if the club expected to have sold Max by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

A lot of the names and positions mentioned are only broadly realistic if we sell Max as well.

I don't think much will happen until then. If it doesn't happen, and you have to doubt it will bearing in mind the price tag put on him (and rightly so), a replacement for a Skipp and a backup keeper will probably be all the business we can afford to do.

That would be a very disappointing window but early days yet. I do wonder if the club expected to have sold Max by now.

I think that sadly you are probably right, if we are to fulfil the dream wish list it will rely on us selling Max to fund it.

Ideally we need as a priority;

1 x Keeper (Gunn)
1 x CB (Klose to be sold, Zimm injury worries, Omo still quite young)
1 x DM (Skipp and Tetts gone)
1 x No 10. Assuming Dowell will replace Emi, we still need a proper no10

Dream Wishlist;

1 x PL Striker to compete with Pukki
1 x RB to replace Aarons
another 1 x DM (as we'd only have whoever we sign + Sorensen on the books)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming Max stays and Gunn is nailed on to come, I'd be happy with a new centre-half and two defensive / box-to-box midfielders, one being Skipp. If we can get a winger/attacker on loan then perfect when it comes to the first team. A sub goalie is a big position to fill and it looks like some shrewdness has gone into Gunn's selection, which also enables Oxborough, Mair and Barden to all go on loan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It’s perhaps a tricky one to perfectly ‘quantify’, but for me, being in a higher division a successful Window has to see a stronger squad (and first choice starting XI) at the end of it.  Clearly we have a big old gap to fill with Emi having gone, but it’s still early days.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tricky because ultimately a transfer is only that, never an assurance that the player will go on to perform. At the same time we could get someone most of us have never heard of and they end up being our best signing. 
 

We’ve pretty much got Gunn, so for me I’d like Skipp/CDM, Attacking Winger/striker, Central midfielder, Centre back. 
 

4 players but all around the 8-10 million mark for quality if that makes sense!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

100% need another striker, 2x DM, 2 more CB & a no.10

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keeping the squad that got promoted.

Getting a new kit from Hummel.

Getting a new shirt sponsor.

Keeping all of your scouts.

Not losing your CEO.

Arranging some pre-season friendlies.

Not increasing the price of sausage rolls in the food stalls.

Buying 3 world class playets for £20m.

Getting 3 players on free transfers that turn out better than Tim Krull or Teemu Pukki.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Centre Back of quality to challenge for the 1st team

Defensive Midfielders to replace Skipp / Tettey of better quality

Stiker to share the load on Pukki's shoulders (proven scorer in Championship or equivalent league)

Wingers that have an end product.

Players that fit into a tight close dressing room & settle quickly.

Not players that have no impact on the first team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ROBFLECK said:

I'm afraid you will have to prepare yourself for a big disappointment...

Believe me, he’s prepared 😳Even if it isn’t a big disappointment he will find a way to make so.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'Philip billing and Harry Wilson'

 

Both of whom will ask for more than 40 thousand a week and so won't join us,

But that's because they are premier League quality. Surely you get what you pay for and it's only a matter of time that if we want squad improvement and premier League quality players than we may have to pay the going rate! Surely even the existing ones in the squad, when it comes to their next contract and hopefully we are still in the prem, will want the going rate. Cantwell defo will come his contact talks next year. 

If we are going to be in this league surely we have to pay for that standard? Its just a house of cards otherwise if we pack the squad with cheaper options, hopefully most of the time it works and you even get a few gems, but for Christ sake they need to spend to get these boys in.

Is 40k mega footballing wages anymore? For the premier League? Just in the same way that £20million isn't mega money in that league anymore for a transfer. Got to pay the going rate, bonus if you get a cheapy on wages or fee  or turns to a gem but I'd imagine the majority of the time that is few and far between.

Forget the wage then Cambridgeshire, just looking at Wilson and billing, would you happy with those signings? Or the calibre of signing atleast?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Centre Back of quality to challenge for the 1st team

Defensive Midfielders to replace Skipp / Tettey of better quality

Stiker to share the load on Pukki's shoulders (proven scorer in Championship or equivalent league)

Wingers that have an end product.

Players that fit into a tight close dressing room & settle quickly.

Not players that have no impact on the first team.

Maybe some who's rescued a kitten from tree.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Maybe some who's rescued a kitten from tree.

 

If they are better than what we have why not..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

We've criminally undersold Buendia...we're about to find out how little this paltry £30m up front for him will actually go in the transfer market.

Those who were saying it was a good price in a 'covid affected' market will find out that its not. It may maybe a covid affected price when we sell a player..but when we come to buy it wont be.

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Farke needs a new contract, and hopefully Webber will be open to one too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good transfer window would be Delia and Wynnie stepping aside and a new owner taking the club to next level with plenty of money to match that ambition. Good transfer window would also be fans stepping aside so new owner doesn't have to deal with any legacy issues arising from the grossly unambitious socialist era (which fans have endorsed).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Good transfer window would be Delia and Wynnie stepping aside and a new owner taking the club to next level with plenty of money to match that ambition. Good transfer window would also be fans stepping aside so new owner doesn't have to deal with any legacy issues arising from the grossly unambitious socialist era (which fans have endorsed).

Bl00dy cancel culture.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A good window is one in which the first team gets new faces that are an obvious upgrade on the ones they replace. 
 

a bad window is when your new signings are not as good and don’t improve you - which is what happened last time. 
 

Given that we just sold our best player for a figure that you cannot replace him with- and also lost our best loan who cannot be replaced without mega bucks- then I would argue Webber really has his work cut out- as we are starting a long way back before we get to where we were end of last season - but time will tell 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

We've criminally undersold Buendia...we're about to find out how little this paltry £30m up front for him will actually go in the transfer market.

Those who were saying it was a good price in a 'covid affected' market will find out that its not. It may maybe a covid affected price when we sell a player..but when we come to buy it wont be.

A top tip. A biased supporter's view of a player's worth is nowhere near the real value of a player's worth. Hope that helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...