The only change that I feel fans would tolerate is keeping the canary but losing the rest of the current design, perhaps with a modernised ball.

We can cope with losing the lion and castle. Nobody really knows what the lion is supposed to represent anyway? 

I agree, get rid of the lion which looks like some sort of child's scribble. But keep the castle and most importantly the canary on a ball. Perhaps make the castle symmetrical whilst they're at it. 

I don't understand why everyone is so insistent that the Canary must be on a ball, plenty of other clubs have birds on balls in their badges its not like it is particularly unique. I would say the Canary and the Castle are eminently Norwich and everything else is open to debate.

2 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

I don't understand why everyone is so insistent that the Canary must be on a ball, plenty of other clubs have birds on balls in their badges its not like it is particularly unique. I would say the Canary and the Castle are eminently Norwich and everything else is open to debate.

Since our traditional song is about being "on the ball" then I think the canary on the ball speaks for itself!

• Like 1

I wouldn’t change it but if it absolutely had to change I wouldn’t mind something similar to this 

maybe with the canary looking less surprised 

2C3C4C80-3207-4542-AEA8-F83BA819DCD1.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Argos said:

I don't like the idea of changing the crest, the current design is simple, instantly recognisable and pretty striking. As has been said, it doesn't need any text or the year we were founded or anything, simple.

I didn't like what they did with the third kit, I understand that the current trend is to essentially have a monochrome badge where the colour can be changed for away and third kits (Liverpool, Spurs, now everyone is doing it) but I don't like it. The yellow and green are as important to our crest as the Canary is in my opinion, and should always be there. It's what makes our kits unmistakably Norwich.

Yes. In fact I’d be adhering even more closely to our core attributes - the badge, the color palette, the song. These are what characterize our unique brand. Other shapes / styles / colors need to be suppressed for the brand to become stronger and last longer on a global basis. 

Yellow & Green, black and white as trim and or change colors, the badge, and on the ball city. 

Not sold on change, but if we were to go with something new it has to be on the proviso that it has to last. 

We don't want to be Leeds,  changing our badge every few years.......

image.png.f82c8db712b8b83ac2359531bb8e2eb1.png We could perhaps use the Aussie crest as a starting point, replacing the cangaroo and the emu to a canary and a lion, or just have a canary headed cangaroo sitting on a ball. The "Canaroos"  would be a hit down under. 

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Since our traditional song is about being "on the ball" then I think the canary on the ball speaks for itself!

...and the song needs to be inextricably linked to the badge because?

@lake district canary if you're so insistent on the literal translation of lyric into imagery then we might as well have a badge that depicts the entire City of Norwich on a ball...an 'on the ball City' if you will. Or change the song to On The Ball, Canary...

1 hour ago, Budapest Canary said:

image.png.f82c8db712b8b83ac2359531bb8e2eb1.png We could perhaps use the Aussie crest as a starting point, replacing the cangaroo and the emu to a canary and a lion, or just have a canary headed cangaroo sitting on a ball. The "Canaroos"  would be a hit down under. 

And start calling ourselves The Kanaries? 

1 hour ago, Fuzzar said:

And start calling ourselves The Kanaries? 

Although the misspelling was not intended, it's not a bad idea. I can see two spellings, the British being The Canaroos (pronounced as "cana'roos", like 'canary' with the accent on the middle syllable), while the Aussie spelling should be The Kanaroos (pronounced as 'kangaroos' without 'g').  Am I the only one to see the huge potential in there? 😉

Edited by Budapest Canary

2 hours ago, FatCanary said:

Nothing needs to be inextricably linked to anything. All I was saying was that if anyone wants justification for having a canary on a ball, the song is one justification.

As for the actual image, something like yobocop's is a pretty good update of it, imo (although it does look a little stern) -

48 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Nothing needs to be inextricably linked to anything. All I was saying was that if anyone wants justification for having a canary on a ball, the song is one justification.

As for the actual image, something like yobocop's is a pretty good update of it, imo (although it does look a little stern) -

That's quite nice actually. I didn't mean to be so Alex Tetchy, was a little tired this morning.

I'm not against change, I just don't think the badge needs targeting for change.

Using Bebas Neue like we are some sort of tech start up on the side of the stands as we do at the moment can do one, though.

11 hours ago, Argos said:

I don't like the idea of changing the crest, the current design is simple, instantly recognisable and pretty striking. As has been said, it doesn't need any text or the year we were founded or anything, simple.

I didn't like what they did with the third kit, I understand that the current trend is to essentially have a monochrome badge where the colour can be changed for away and third kits (Liverpool, Spurs, now everyone is doing it) but I don't like it. The yellow and green are as important to our crest as the Canary is in my opinion, and should always be there. It's what makes our kits unmistakably Norwich.

Exactly this. I despise it when clubs strip their badge of colour and outline, it completely defeats the point of the badge, which is surely to identify which club the shirt belongs to? The only thing that stopped me getting this season's 3rd kit was the idiotic badge. Wearing that shirt out and about most people wouldn't know who the club was, thus rendering wearing the shirt pointless. Why are we trying to make a badge 'classy and stylish'? It's not a corporate logo for a new online bank, it's the crest of a 119 year old football club. (yes, I know it has been changed before, but I wasn't alive then).

As you can tell, I feel strongly about this!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FatCanary said:

The song is inextricably linked to the club is the point, and the badge represents the club. It may not be intentional imagery but I for one really like it. No need to change that aspect at all.

How about we just have a canary pooping on a tractor? 

12 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

The only change that I feel fans would tolerate is keeping the canary but losing the rest of the current design, perhaps with a modernised ball.

We can cope with losing the lion and castle. Nobody really knows what the lion is supposed to represent anyway? 

The lion and castle together is the Norwich coat of arms. That's precisely why, IMO, both have to be on - it says "Norwich" without needing to put it on the crest.

In fact, that's a key reason why I like it so much. Whoever designed it basically put it in the top-left hand corner to show where we're from, and the canary resting on the ball for our nickname. Throw in our unusual colour scheme, and you've got a crest that really couldn't belong to anyone else and sets itself apart.
Coat of arms of Norwich

• Like 3

13 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Totally agree - zero wrong with current badge. The 'canary' on Purple's variant doesn't even look like a Canary!  

I seriously think if we got relegated to the National League and at the same time threatened to change that bl**dy badge some fans would get more worked up about the latter!🤩

I actually agree the bird on the current badge looks more like a canary than on that one I found on the internet, but while I like what we have that doesn't mean it cannot be improved, and there are aspects of my find that would do that. A proper panelled football rather the beachball we have at the moment, for starters. And the lion is better drawn. It is possible to mix elements rather than having to accept a design in its totality.

If it was up to me I would actually probably dump the lion, which doesn't particular symbolise Norwich, and keep the castle crenellations. The building that really does symbolise the city is the Anglican cathedral, but hard to fit that on a badge.

11 hours ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Birds and Balls you say...not sure you'll find these on Til's hard drive...

british_ladies_football_club.jpg

images.jpg

PRESTATYNLADIES2.jpg

Did anyone meet or date any of the young ladies on the top photograph? 

13 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Nobody really knows what the lion is supposed to represent anyway

Apparently it’s presence is supposed to protect the keep and watch over the city 

2 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Not a bad effort, but I don't quite get the link between Norwich and the Taj Mahal.

Haha, take that up with whoever designed the Norwich coat of arms - taken directly from there