Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

19 minutes ago, Jpootz said:

Do you think that Normann is a big upgrade over McClean or Rupp?

Hard to say - I don’t know a huge amount about him to be honest.

He is a standout player in Russia, but judging the quality of players in Russia is difficult as the league is really mixed in quality. Ahmed Musa was a stand out player there for example, but really struggled for Leicester.  

A few Premier League clubs have been interested in Normann but always put off by Rostov being pretty firm in wanting to keep him - the player is getting increasingly vocal about wanting to leave though is seems. 

Brighton are generally a very good judge of player so the fact they sold him cheaply is a concern (although Hughton was manager at the time and he isn’t always the best with young players and part of the reason Brighton ditched him was he wouldn’t progress youth players). 

In my eyes, Normann isn’t a ‘home run’ signing and for a potential fee of €14m - he probably needs to be. Not to say he hasn’t got a lot of quality, which he certainly appears to have both technically and physically. 

I know we already know this, but Pete O’Rourke has said it’s a done deal re Williams (he broke the Tzolis story)

16 minutes ago, WSM said:

I know we already know this, but Pete O’Rourke has said it’s a done deal re Williams (he broke the Tzolis story)

Think he’s a great little player, so am pleased with this should it come off - will be interesting to see what sort of role he plays this season, and whether it has any bearing on Max’s future here. Saw Byram was involved in full team training with the U23’s yesterday so may get some minutes tonight?

Edited by Alex Moss

3 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Hard to say - I don’t know a huge amount about him to be honest.

He is a standout player in Russia, but judging the quality of players in Russia is difficult as the league is really mixed in quality. Ahmed Musa was a stand out player there for example, but really struggled for Leicester.  

A few Premier League clubs have been interested in Normann but always put off by Rostov being pretty firm in wanting to keep him - the player is getting increasingly vocal about wanting to leave though is seems. 

Brighton are generally a very good judge of player so the fact they sold him cheaply is a concern (although Hughton was manager at the time and he isn’t always the best with young players and part of the reason Brighton ditched him was he wouldn’t progress youth players). 

In my eyes, Normann isn’t a ‘home run’ signing and for a potential fee of €14m - he probably needs to be. Not to say he hasn’t got a lot of quality, which he certainly appears to have both technically and physically. 

No "wide of the mark" or #nocircus on this yet though?

https://eurostavka.ru/news/football/norvich-hotel-vzyat-normanna-v-arendu-s-pravom-neobyazatelnogo-vykupa-za-14-mln-evro

This article has every detail - 2 million euro loan

14 mill buy option + 2 bonuses - 1.5 million fine Norwich would pay if they decided not to buy him at the end of the season even if every condition had been satisfied

However, we haven't backed out and are trying to find a solution

Edited by WSM
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WSM said:

https://eurostavka.ru/news/football/norvich-hotel-vzyat-normanna-v-arendu-s-pravom-neobyazatelnogo-vykupa-za-14-mln-evro

This article has every detail - 2 million euro loan

14 mill buy option + 2 bonuses - 1.5 million fine Norwich would pay if they decided not to buy him at the end of the season even if every condition had been satisfied

However, we haven't backed out and are trying to find a solution

Is Webber offering Rostov the hotel in part-exchange?😍

Still time left in the window, but if we fail to land a CDM and CB, would you regard this as a good window, or a failed one?

CDM and CB have been high priorities throughout

7 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Still time left in the window, but if we fail to land a CDM and CB, would you regard this as a good window, or a failed one?

Good.... I think. I still think without those two positions we have a reasonable chance of staying up. The players we have bought largely fit the bill, a good mix of experienced and up and coming. 

However it will take a CB and another midfielder for me to be confidentish. Doesn't need to be CDM if Bethnal's theory about Gilmour is correct but still feel it's the area of the pitch we look most adrift from the rest of the league. 

Generally that's how I'm looking at our first team, who would not get a game for many other clubs at our end of the table. Krul, Giannoulis, Aarons, Gibson, Cantwell, Gilmour would probably make it into a lot of sides.

PLM, Pukki (because last time out in the prem was injury hit, though not many down this end have great striker options) and Rashica are a bit unknown but I think might. 

That usually bodes well. Last time out those numbers were a lot lower.

35 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Farke has said he expects a CB, CM and a left back, failure to sign those would see this window as a failed one. I expect us to add those players by the end of August.

18 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Farke has said he expects a CB, CM and a left back, failure to sign those would see this window as a failed one. I expect us to add those players by the end of August.

Supposedly the fullback deal has been done. If we, for example, also get the defensive central midfielder but not the central defender then we will have filled all but one of the earmarked gaps in the squad. Hard to call that a failed window.

Latest EDP take:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-farke-brandon-williams-mathias-normann-transfers-8261308

Trying to read between the lines, it seems that Williams at FB is definite and CB is DF's next priority after which a DM, if possible. That they're admitting 'having tracked Norman for months' that's now looking a lot closer if a middle ground can be found. 

23 minutes ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

Latest EDP take:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-farke-brandon-williams-mathias-normann-transfers-8261308

Trying to read between the lines, it seems that Williams at FB is definite and CB is DF's next priority after which a DM, if possible. That they're admitting 'having tracked Norman for months' that's now looking a lot closer if a middle ground can be found. 

Normann would be decent if not for the fact he's under 6ft. When we bringing in a 6ft 5 plus ****houser that we need?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WSM said:

I thought the Greek journo broke the Tzolis story?

17 minutes ago, If wed kept Howie.. said:

Norman Gilmour in midfield? sounds like a british comedy actor from the 1960s

Norman Gilmore Melue. Not quite Norman Stanley Fletcher.

11 minutes ago, chicken said:

I thought the Greek journo broke the Tzolis story?

Nah the first leak was from him and FootyInsider 24 - was then corroborated like a day later from the greek end

The greek guy broke the Dimi story though

9 hours ago, Fuzzar said:

There's a "wide of the mark" piece on Diagne now..

Who is this "Mark" everything seems to be wide of... can he play in goal? 

• Haha 2

Slightly off topic but honestly can’t believe how much yet again Ramsdale has gone for, this time to Arsenal. Maybe others can set me straight but £30mil total fee?! Don’t get the hype with him at all - makes the Gunn deal look incredible value.

The question was posed about how happy we were with the transfer window so far, but when Arsenal spend £110mil on Ramsdale, Odegaard, and White then I’d say we look like we’ve done absolutely fantastic business as it stands.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Slightly off topic but honestly can’t believe how much yet again Ramsdale has gone for, this time to Arsenal. Maybe others can set me straight but £30mil total fee?! Don’t get the hype with him at all - makes the Gunn deal look incredible value.

The question was posed about how happy we were with the transfer window so far, but when Arsenal spend £110mil on Ramsdale, Odegaard, and White then I’d say we look like we’ve done absolutely fantastic business as it stands.

Ramsdale I agree with 💯, he reminds me of the hype around Jack Butland they are paying more for his potential as the level or goalkeeper he is now at his age is above average. Odegaard and especially White I believe to be very good signings. Our signings so far I am very excited with but much like Arsenal's ours come with risks. We have essentially done what Arsenal have done but on a less established player basis. Buying younger players who looks decent but with good potential. For me the jury is out on Artera if he is actually any good, however what I have full confidence in is how well Farke can develop a player and for that reason alone very excited to see how they turn out. 

4 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

Ramsdale I agree with 💯, he reminds me of the hype around Jack Butland they are paying more for his potential as the level or goalkeeper he is now at his age is above average. Odegaard and especially White I believe to be very good signings. Our signings so far I am very excited with but much like Arsenal's ours come with risks. We have essentially done what Arsenal have done but on a less established player basis. Buying younger players who looks decent but with good potential. For me the jury is out on Artera if he is actually any good, however what I have full confidence in is how well Farke can develop a player and for that reason alone very excited to see how they turn out. 

Just seems to me that they’ve been shopping at the same level as us yet spending significantly more, as despite the expenditure, I’m not sure any of their signings can yet be put in the elite bracket as things stand - Ramsdale definitely not, there’s already a meme going round depicting Arsenal’s relegation this season! Rashica was priced the same as Odegaard this time last year so I reckon we’ve done very well there for example, but of course we’ll be able to compare such deals for sure come the end of the season. I wouldn’t be surprised if Arsenal come sniffing around Webber at some point before long - Edu is getting absolutely slated by Gunners fans!

12 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Just seems to me that they’ve been shopping at the same level as us yet spending significantly more, as despite the expenditure, I’m not sure any of their signings can yet be put in the elite bracket as things stand - Ramsdale definitely not, there’s already a meme going round depicting Arsenal’s relegation this season! Rashica was priced the same as Odegaard this time last year so I reckon we’ve done very well there for example, but of course we’ll be able to compare such deals for sure come the end of the season. I wouldn’t be surprised if Arsenal come sniffing around Webber at some point before long - Edu is getting absolutely slated by Gunners fans!

ras.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

ras.png

Hahaha out of reactions but that’s the one, Cambridge! 😂

49 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

To be fair I think most club’s business looks fantastic compared to Arsenal’s 😆

1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

To be fair I think most club’s business looks fantastic compared to Arsenal’s 😆

And I got laughed at a couple of months ago for suggesting Arsenal wouldn't be signing players of much higher calibre than we would this summer 😁

Don't think this name has been mentioned in the 190 previous pages, but wonder if we might put in a bid for Trevor Chalobah from Chelsea (we couldn't get him on loan because we've already got Gilmour from Chelsea).

Chalobah seems to have 'come of age' this seaon - forcing his way into the Chelsea first team, but it seems unclear whether Chelsea intend to play him regularly this season.

Chalobah seems to tick a lot of the boxes we require - equally at home in central midfield or central defence and 6ft 3 and a bit of a sh*thouse as well. (Obviously we'll forgive him for his loan spell at Ipswich)

I guess he might cost in the region of £13 to £15 million if Chelsea were indeed prepared to sell. 

Leaving aside fullback, which apparently is happening with Williams, until recently the emphasis seemed to be on a defensive midfielder as the absolute main priority, with ideally a central defender wanted as well. Farke's latest comment (before the Man City game) seemed to switch the priorities:

'We know the final pieces will be decisive if we are there with a top transfer window or not. We definitely need to bring in a full back option. That is for sure.  We should definitely do something in central defence and maybe holding midfielder.'

That might be a bit of a blind, of course, for the benefit of agents and selling clubs with defensive midfielders. One would hope so, especially given how the first two games have apparently gone.

The danger, with only a few days left, is the Koulibaly Syndrome striking again. Put shortly, in this case holding out for the perfect defensive midfielder, only for the deal to fall through at the very last, leaving no time to get a replacement in.

It doesn’t seem likely that we’d be able to afford one of Chelsea’s fringe players, and as you say a second loan isn’t possible.  I do wonder if perhaps Chalobah might have been a better loan option than Gilmour, but it is far too early to say and depends how things pan out (and of course may well not have been a possibility).

The one certainty to me seems to be that DF has long wanted to play a 3 cb formation at times but has never seemed to have the personnel to do it - if we get the right guys in I’m sure we’ll see that formation (and we’d probably have done so yesterday).

We have the lad coming in from Man U, which will help at fb, but we do still seem to have those final two gaping holes of cb/cdm - which were considered by many to be the most crucial roles to recruit.