Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Interesting, Badger, but isn’t that the striker that was in loan with West Brom last season or something? 

Yes - 14 starts - 3 goals, 2 assists.

2 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Its the Turkish media, known for making up sh*t up

Unlike our media which is always scrupulously honest! 😀

• Haha 2

Just now, Badger said:

Unlike our media which is always scrupulously honest! 😀

Always on point the Express & the Sun 😉

22 minutes ago, Badger said:

Think he was also linked with us last time we came up.

I think people were quite impressed by him at West Brom so wouldn't be anti this.

By now you can probably tell if a rumour is genuine or not if the Pinkun guys don’t come out and say it’s ‘wide of the mark’ If they don’t then this might have some legs. I’d be surprised if it was true but maybe Webber has seen that Diagne is available now for a reasonable fee and that wasn’t the case earlier in the window even though it’s not a position the club are actively looking at. Paddy, Connor and Michael Bailey have always said that things can change very quickly in the transfer market. 

Edited by Jpootz

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Think he was also linked with us last time we came up.

I think people were quite impressed by him at West Brom so wouldn't be anti this.

I'm fairly sure that Big Sam said that they had really high hopes for Diagne when he arrived, but he failed to live up to their expectations of being the talismanic goal scorer they needed.

Edit: here's the link. Skip to three mins for the Diagne bit.

Edited by Yellow and Green
Adding a link

Couldn;t really care less about any further striker links or indeed this Man u kid on loan. The only signing i am bothered about now is a defensive midfielder and the silence on that is absolutely deafening. Get on with it Webber. Not acceptable to just write off the first month of the season as if it doesn;t count. 

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Couldn;t really care less about any further striker links or indeed this Man u kid on loan. The only signing i am bothered about now is a defensive midfielder and the silence on that is absolutely deafening. Get on with it Webber. Not acceptable to just write off the first month of the season as if it doesn;t count. 

I'm pretty sure they are getting on with it. Just because they're not leaking it to the press, it doesn't mean they're sitting around, twiddling their thumbs.

The likelihood is that they've been in discussions with a cdm/club for a few weeks now. A prime example is Tzolis, who they were in negotiations with PAOK for 8 weeks. It's not FM.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Is that what we're doing, Jim?

Is not having found the right DM yet and seeing if Gilmour can swim there such a crime?

And if so is that the same as writing off the first month?

Seems a bit overcritical if you ask me.

We've done some good business and look a good side. It isn't complete  but to say we are writing off the first month of the season is unnecessarily negative in my opinion.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

That all depends on who it is we’re after, Jimbo, and the circumstances surrounding the players current club.

If it’s a CDM who can genuinely make a difference for the vast majority of the season, and we’re very confident we can get him, then yes I’d rather we forfeited the first few games rather than just bring in any old CDM in a panic that would be as useful as a sponge canoe.

Stuart Webber said it would go to the wire, and I’m sure he said that for very good reasons that are currently unbeknownst to ourselves.

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Cheers Badger 👍. Does seem an unlikely rumour, given the position he plays, but who knows what’s going on behind the scenes? 

On another note but slightly related, there’s a few teams in the Championship that probably haven’t started the season quite as they’d have hoped, ie Sheff Utd, and I’ve got a feeling we might just benefit from this regarding Jordan Hugill and not taking the first offer we *may* have had (Millwall?).

17 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Normal service  resumed Jimbo, I wholeheartedly disagree with your view. The last few days have been emotional  , finding myself in agreement with you,  can't even remember what about now, but it was fun while it lasted.

Remembered!! Arguing with Horso about the ' racist ' chanting. 

31 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

You mean on a par with the deafening silences that preceded the signings of Rashica, Lees-Melou, Tzolis...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Surely we should focus on getting the best we can get, rather than the easiest to get.

Sometimes you just have to wait for things to fall into place.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

Surely we should focus on getting the best we can get, rather than the easiest to get.

4 minutes ago, Badger said:

You mean Jim's remarks are 'Wide of the mark'?🤩

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Badger said:

My point entirely, Badger. It’s been said a million times already, exhaustively in fact, but until the target players club have secured their replacement then there is nothing we can do and this is why so many transfers go to the final day/s! We need to be signing players that are valued, not ones that clubs are looking to kick out the door at the first opportunity.

Anyway, I thought Jim was going to put ‘some pressure on the club’ presumably to speed up this signing? 😉

I do sometimes wonder if fans realise that transfers don't always take place in order of out-and-out priority.

It’s a pretty silly thing to say ‘why don’t they get on with it’. Yeah good one, I bet they didn’t think of that.

A club of our size has the balance of firstly finding someone who is good enough for our current standard but ideally a little better to improve our squad. You then have to factor in who of that bracket is within the price range we can afford or if the selling club would make it almost impossible. Then you need the player themselves to actually be open to coming here and accepting a wage in our set up, and that’s without getting into first finding out if they will fit our club culture as a person, as the best player in the world won’t be that if they come in and disrupt the squad and anger Farke.

After all that, you then have a slow market which means most clubs don’t want to sell unless they know they have a replacement lined up, which in turn can be a problematic as all of the above.

You can bypass most of that normally if you’re a huge club with bottomless pockets, but then again look at Man City. ‘WHY DONT THEY JUST HURRY UP AND BUY KANE, AND NOT WRITE OFF THE FIRST GAMES OF THE SEASON’….

I have to say it's hugely frustrating Sorensen isn't up to speed to play at DM. I thought he was brought in as Tettey's replacement but doesn't seem that type of player at all.

27 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I have to say it's hugely frustrating Sorensen isn't up to speed to play at DM. I thought he was brought in as Tettey's replacement but doesn't seem that type of player at all.

Based on what? We haven't seen him play there yet.

Sorenson is an interesting one as they clearly rate him highly enough to offer him a new contract... sure he will develop into a fantastic player

On 18/08/2021 at 15:14, Jim Smith said:

If we could pull it off Kamara wouild make a lot of sense as he is a DCM who can also play centre back so in fact spending our money on that sort of player would probably be a very wise investment and potentially negate the need for another signing at CB.

Kamara is barely an taller than Simon Charlton.  I can't imagine him being very effective at CB.

14 minutes ago, WSM said:

Sorenson is an interesting one as they clearly rate him highly enough to offer him a new contract... sure he will develop into a fantastic player

When they offered him a new contract as Tettey left I honestly thought he'd be our starting DM this season.

8 minutes ago, Baracouda said:

if we after another striker, maybe we going for 442 or 532 formations or gung-ho 424

Or maybe we selling Todd

Huh? Todd plays AM.

If we sign another striker, I think it's more likely that Idah could be loaned out to get regular football.

I'm beginning to wonder if Sørensen is getting the Godfrey treatment as you'd think the more defensive midfield position would be his.