Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Proper rumour for a DM. Normann has been pushing to leave Russia for a while now and is expected to go somewhere this summer. 

He was at Brighton for a couple of seasons but never played for them. Is a good tackler and great in the air. 

9B5F149E-1345-4D97-B63C-A151C6D48DFB.jpeg

Be interesting to know what sort of figure it would take to prize him away from Rostov, Bethnal?

Normann could well have missed all pre season due to injury if Transfermarkt is correct and has been out for 147 days with a muscle injury since March.

It's a no from me in view of his likely transfer fee.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Normann could well have missed all pre season due to injury if Transfermarkt is correct and has been out for 147 days with a muscle injury since March.

He played three days ago - although limped off in that game. 

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Crikey, if that’s the case Pants then it would seem to be one hell of a gamble, and I’m not sure in this case we would want to take such a gamble on what could prove to be one of our most important signings of the window. 

4 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Be interesting to know what sort of figure it would take to prize him away from Rostov, Bethnal?

No idea - Rostov made a record sale for them last season which was around £9m. So likely something north of that due to the high regard they have for him, plus he has three more years on his deal. 

• Thanks 1

I like the way Normann is holding the football in the photo on the front page. If this is his speciality, he must get sent off a lot.

A bit underwhelmed by this if I’m being honest. But if he comes in and does the business then great. Although I’m sure there must be better players we could get, especially on a loan with a view to buy option if that was something the club was considering.  The Marseille flight this morning had me looking at Ligue 1 and it seems like it has players that would fit the bill for us. 

On a related note - it’s a bit weird it seems us and Newcastle are always being linked with the same players. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WD40 said:

On a related note - it’s a bit weird it seems us and Newcastle are always being linked with the same players. 

I was listening to a Newcastle supporter on talksport a couple of months ago and he said that they only had a 10 million to spend, and I thought not a chance that's a silly amount but they are linked to every player we are it seems and also they only player they have brought is Willock and that deal is probably structured the same way Arsenal like to do their deals so their maybe some element of truth in what he had said. 

Tufan the turkey International midfielder who we were liked with with earlier in the window has signed for Watford on a season long loan with an agreement for a permanent deal at the end of the season should Watford want him. 

12 hours ago, WD40 said:

We are generally shopping in the same price range - that's why Palace, Southampton are often linked as well. Mind you, Newcastle pushed the boat out for Willock.

45 minutes ago, Yella Army said:

Tufan the turkey International midfielder who we were liked with with earlier in the window has signed for Watford on a season long loan with an agreement for a permanent deal at the end of the season should Watford want him. 

I wonder if this is the sort of route we'll go down for a DM- I think we're going to see a flurry of loan deals happening towards the end of the window as clubs with financial issues who haven't been able to sell aim to shift some wages off the books.

25 minutes ago, Badger said:

We are generally shopping in the same price range - that's why Palace, Southampton are often linked as well. Mind you, Newcastle pushed the boat out for Willock.

If they want, Newcastle are out of our price league - spent (wasted) £40m on Joelinton, don't forget!

6 minutes ago, WSM said:

If they want, Newcastle are out of our price league - spent (wasted) £40m on Joelinton, don't forget!

I think they'd mainly be out of our league wages wise.

1 hour ago, Yella Army said:

Has a good reputation, and because we were linked with him I kept a close watch on him during the Euros. He was pretty rubbish in all those games so that might be why we didn't continue our putative interest.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

https://www.twitter.com/solentsport/status/1428266170122129408

Cahill case is over, joining Bournmouth 

We must be the only club that loses out on transfers  to Championship sides whilst in the EPL! Rumours Pereira rejected us in favour of WBA in 19/20. 

Of course I'm jesting a little. 

1 hour ago, Yella Army said:

Decent player. 

59 minutes ago, king canary said:

I wonder if this is the sort of route we'll go down for a DM- I think we're going to see a flurry of loan deals happening towards the end of the window as clubs with financial issues who haven't been able to sell aim to shift some wages off the books.

It's more or less been confirmed that's exactly what we will be doing. The question is, who. There's probably a pool of players ready to join new clubs on this sort of deal, and a lot of EPL clubs fighting for them. Seems like Watford won this one.. heavily linked with Everton and Leicester too. 

1 hour ago, WSM said:

I suspect that the Joelinton deal may be one of the reasons why they are shopping in the same areas as us - once bitten, twice shy (You don't hear that saying very often now do you?).

Spending money is no guarantee that a player will work. Somebody pointed out that Sheffield Utd had 3 strikers that the bought for the ELP at a cost of £50 million on the bench last night.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Has a good reputation, and because we were linked with him I kept a close watch on him during the Euros. He was pretty rubbish in all those games so that might be why we didn't continue our putative interest.

I have watched quite a few fenerbahce games over the last several years. I lived there about 10 years ago and they were my Turkish team so keep an eye on results and watch the bigger games..... Tufan is OK, decent enough in Turkish Superlig but not Prem standard imo. Be surprised if he ends up doing very much for Watford.

Edited by kick it off
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kick it off said:

I have watched quite a few fenerbahce games over the last several years. I lived there about 10 years ago and they were my Turkish team so keep an eye on results and watch the bigger games..... Tufan is OK, decent enough in Turkish Superlig but not Prem standard imo. Be surprised if he ends up doing very much for Watford.

He was awful in the Euros, albeit in a surprisingly poor Turkish team

maybe that’s why it’s only option to buy as Watford smart enough to realise he might not make the step up!

Still very confident we can bring in a really good CDM 

27 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

We must be the only club that loses out on transfers  to Championship sides whilst in the EPL! Rumours Pereira rejected us in favour of WBA in 19/20. 

Of course I'm jesting a little. 

I suspect at Cahill’s age he’s made his coin and so would rather go where it suits him and his family above anything else - Paddy Davitt confirmed the other day he was looking for a club nearer to his home in Surrey so Brighton, Southampton and Bournemouth were in the box seats I guess. Funnily enough, it seems most Bournemouth fans aren’t very excited about the signing! 

I have absolutely no ideas how reliable this is. They have 26.7 thousand followers, so presumably not a teenager on a wind up?

Translates as Galatasaray rejected the 3 million euro offer from Norwich City, one of the Premier League teams, for Mbaye Diagne.

Edited by Badger
Added translation

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

I have absolutely no ideas how reliable this is. They have 26.7 thousand followers, so presumably not a teenager on a wind up?

Translates as Galatasaray rejected the 3 million euro offer from Norwich City, one of the Premier League teams, for Mbaye Diagne.

Weird to be linked to another striker unless both Idah and Hugill are off? Or maybe it was a link from before we went with Sargent…

4 minutes ago, Badger said:

Interesting, Badger, but isn’t that the striker that was in loan with West Brom last season or something? 

20 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Tufan is OK, decent enough in Turkish Superlig but not Prem standard imo.

Connor Southwell says that he was never on our list of targets.

2 minutes ago, It's me, it's Tettey said:

Weird to be linked to another striker unless both Idah and Hugill are off? Or maybe it was a link from before we went with Sargent…

Its the Turkish media, known for making up sh*t up