Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

40 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Williams ends up displacing Dimi. Dimi was great against Liverpool, but I wonder if Williams offers a slightly more defensively capable full back, even if Dimi is the better offensively. 

That's quite the statement after his performance on Saturday!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Didn’t we also get relegated? - not that it was Charlton’s fault.  
I’m not sure if that was your point or not?!

No, it was Worthington’s fault for playing him!

27 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Indeed he was but that boy had the leap of a salmon😂

One that always surprised me was Paul Zebedee Mcveigh. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Do you really think Daniel Farke picks players based on whether we spent millions to bring them here or if they're on loan?

Actually wait, thinking back over some of your posts I wouldn't put that past you.

Fair play for being polite this time and not going for the normal **** off !!!

5 hours ago, curious yellow said:

Omotoye has gone to Orient on a season loan, Fitzpatrick has had his contract terminated, I haven't seen any official announcements about this or Nizet. 

Nizet's gone to Lecce in Italy, that was on their website.

1 hour ago, Bovril said:

Adarabioyo

Adarabioyo would be a great purchase but I can't see him wanting to come here in all honesty. From a neutral's perspective, there's a good chance both clubs could pass each other next summer (being realistic). Swapping London for the countryside is another negative for the majority of players (although most like Norwich more than then realise once here, just don't ask Ben Marshall..). The final major sway point would be wages, again likely to be in Fulham's favour there as well. For these reasons, it's a likely non-starter sadly.

Update on Williams:

Laurie Whitwell now running with the story on The Athletic, he has strong, reliable contacts with regards to Manchester United (their main correspondent) and states:

"Manchester United full-back Brandon Williams is set to join Norwich City on a season loan deal in the coming days....

The agreement is close, however, United are keen to get through their weekend trip to Southampton before officially sanctioning the move, with Alex Telles still working his way back to full fitness after injury.

Although they had initially been looking for a loan fee of £2 million for the 20-year-old’s departure, it is understood Norwich are paying significantly below that.

Williams was on the bench for United’s 5-1 win over Leeds on Saturday and will become Norwich’s seventh senior signing of the summer. He could make his debut in their EFL Cup second round visit from Championship side Bournemouth on Tuesday night."

If that's the case, then only two signings to go for me and then I'd feel we were ready as we will ever be. Squad depth would look ok, seems the players brought in clearly improve us. That's a good a transfer window as I could hope for really.

Emi going was inevitable but I'm happy to see it reinvested in trying to balance us out a bit more.

Lets just hope Webber can stretch to another couple of players and that it's enough. 

2 hours ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

Charlton was a LB who was moved to CB after injuries. He did very well in spite of his height.

I seem to remember he kept a certain Thierry Henry very quiet in one game the season before he came to us.

9 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

I know he was small for a CB but there’s no way he was 5 foot 8 😂!!!

He was (in fact sitll is) 5ft 8

8 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Chalk another to Stuart Webber, master negotiator. Would expect no less from the man who sold Marley Watkins for £1m.

Seriously, I think this is a very good move. With Byram injured, we are a Max Aarons or Dimi injury away from playing Bali Mumba. I like Bali a whole lot, but I think he is a season or two away from Premier League football. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Williams ends up displacing Dimi. Dimi was great against Liverpool, but I wonder if Williams offers a slightly more defensively capable full back, even if Dimi is the better offensively. 

Remember that it's Farke who picks the team, when did he ever consider defense?

36 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Remember that it's Farke who picks the team, when did he ever consider defense?

Id say sometime around the point he was organising the second best defense in last year's championship.

Edited by 1902
  • Like 4

Twitter showing an incoming flight to Norwich from Marseille.....allegedly. Could this be our new DM Boubacar Kamara ? Now that would be a signing. Maybe I am just clutching at straws but he fits the bill of being able to play DM and CH

2 minutes ago, canarycop said:

Twitter showing an incoming flight to Norwich from Marseille.....allegedly. Could this be our new DM Boubacar Kamara ? Now that would be a signing. Maybe I am just clutching at straws but he fits the bill of being able to play DM and CH

Newcastle recently had a £12m bid rejected for him - so can’t see that being someone Norwich would be looking at (also he’d probably want to go somewhere a little more established). 

Private jets from tourist destinations are more than likely going to be tourists. Especially if there haven’t been any rumours of players incoming. Seems unlikely it would get to the point of a player flying to Norwich without some rumours (especially a big signing like Camara). 

8 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Newcastle recently had a £12m bid rejected for him - so can’t see that being someone Norwich would be looking at (also he’d probably want to go somewhere a little more established). 

Private jets from tourist destinations are more than likely going to be tourists. Especially if there haven’t been any rumours of players incoming. Seems unlikely it would get to the point of a player flying to Norwich without some rumours (especially a big signing like Camara). 

Probably pie in the sky. We were willing to pay about that for Billing. Thank god we didn't. With Williams incoming on loan surely we can now afford the £12m plus required as long as its not way above that. Stranger things have happened

1 hour ago, 1902 said:

Id say sometime around the point he was organising the second best defense in last year's championship.

We're not in the Championship now, it's a completely different game.

Kamara has a Transfermarkt valuation of £33m. Even if that's a little punchy, you'd have to say it's unlikely.

11 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

Don’t think it was ever a starter. We obviously could never afford his wages, on a personal level he’s living a London lifestyle and has already had a crack of the whip in the Prem and didn’t exactly cover himself in glory. 

To pay over the odds for a like for like was never going to happen. I think it’s more what we want and are looking for than you’ve painted it. Works both ways. 

He’ll change his mind once we’ve beaten Man City (™️ Lake District Canary).

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

Kamara has a Transfermarkt valuation of £33m. Even if that's a little punchy, you'd have to say it's unlikely.

This is the missing piece. If BYG is correct RE Newcastle rejected bid, you'd like to think £15 million may be accepted. We're going to have to pay market rate for this position. It could literally be the difference between staying up and properly kicking on, or continuing to yo-yo, until the 'up' doesn't happen. 

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Don’t think a fee of £12m would be a bar or it certainly shouldn’t be. Wages might be.

8 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

This is the missing piece. If BYG is correct RE Newcastle rejected bid, you'd like to think £15 million may be accepted. We're going to have to pay market rate for this position. It could literally be the difference between staying up and properly kicking on, or continuing to yo-yo, until the 'up' doesn't happen. 

I agree. As I have said previously we have made some good signings. Assuming Williams is confirmed as on loan to cover FB roles then we need a DM and CH away. If we don't spend the extra now then we never will. We will never have a better chance of staying in the EPL. Just two signings will do it imo.

17 minutes ago, canarycop said:

We will never have a better chance of staying in the EPL.

Someone, and sometimes more than one, posts this evry year we are in the EPL.

Tough year again this year, looking for one, two or even three "established" teams to fall short.

That said get a CDM in and even the most negative would struggle to criticise this window's business.

Edited by BigFish

Someone might know better than me on this but after checking out some YouTube highlight compilations it looks like Papa Gueye would be the better player for us ahead of Kamara. His physicality and range of passing especially look like qualities that would appeal to Farke & Webber. On the other hand Caleta-Car at CB would be another great signing and one some Marseille fans believe would be available for around £12m. 

2 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Don't forget that we could agree a loan (with a substantial loan fee involved) with a view of much larger sum of we stay up, i.e £20 mil. I can see Webber doing this with one of the CB or DM positions, as it is a potentially creative avenue, I just don't know how many willing partners there are out there.

55 minutes ago, youngriles said:

Don't forget that we could agree a loan (with a substantial loan fee involved) with a view of much larger sum of we stay up, i.e £20 mil. I can see Webber doing this with one of the CB or DM positions, as it is a potentially creative avenue, I just don't know how many willing partners there are out there.

I'd say that tactic generally suits older players who might not get another crack at the PL, but hey he pulled Dimi and Gibson out the bag with similar deals so I'm sure there must be things in the pipeline

2 hours ago, BigFish said:

That said get a CDM in and even the most negative would struggle to criticise this window's business

Would you stake €10 on that , payable to Nuttyos funds....as sure as the shovel  follows  the shoite there will be griping... no matter what. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Fair points as ever, Bethnal, but the only thing I would say is that the likes of Rashica and Lees-Melou went completely under the radar and flew into Norwich without any of us knowing so I’m not sure it’s so unlikely myself, and let’s face it, Rashica in particular was a big signing for us. On another note, I spoke to a Villa fan yesterday and he was literally spitting feathers on us signing Rashica. He couldn’t understand how we’d signed him after they’d bid (his words) the best part of £30mil for him last season!

Edited by Alex Moss
Autocorrect

13 hours ago, Herman said:

One that always surprised me was Paul Zebedee Mcveigh. 

Darren Kenton. Ridiculously short for a centre back, but ridiculously good in the air.

• Like 1

So if Cahill ends up at Bournemouth and that means Steve Cook moves on... would anyone take Cook here? He's supposedly going to leave if Cahill comes in. He's still only 30 and loads of solid top flight exp

4 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

So if Cahill ends up at Bournemouth and that means Steve Cook moves on... would anyone take Cook here? He's supposedly going to leave if Cahill comes in. He's still only 30 and loads of solid top flight exp

Not for me, TJ - We already have Krul, Gunn, and Micky McGovern.

• Haha 3

I don't think Bournemouth are a very good club to try to raid players from. They pay extremely high wages and could argue in a years time they will swap leagues with us. If we're looking to raid a relegated team I think Sheff Utd would be a better bet, I'd have John Egan here without a doubt.