Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

I rescind my previous comment!!

Although I will not be comfortable until he is announced by NCFC

• Like 1

We should pretty much soon see what is the actual state of affairs concerning Tzolis..if there is any truth that PAOK are looking at 20 mill euro for Tzolis then City will very quickly up stakes and walk away..but unless its a sudden big upping of the amount they want for the guy then i find it strange as there seems to have been a business like but stable interaction between City and PAOK with City bidding 3 times, each time by a million or two euro..so City would  presumably have some knowledge about PAOK's general valuation for the guy.

7 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

As if by magic...

Lovely stuff, didn’t really think there was much truth in the post I shared a few moments ago as 20 mill is just ridiculous, but I felt like causing a brief meltdown on here. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Lovely stuff, didn’t really think there was much truth in the post I shared a few moments ago as 20 mill is just ridiculous, but I felt like causing a brief meltdown on here. 

Hahaha,

I didn't go full 5 year old meltdown, but I will admit I went 10 year old hissy fit!!!

Fantastic news! I've a good feeling about this lad.

I'd imagine we're now done looking for a striker? Both Rashica and Tzolis can play up top. I'd look for us to bring in CB and FB cover and be done?

1 minute ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Fantastic news! I've a good feeling about this lad.

I'd imagine we're now done looking for a striker? Both Rashica and Tzolis can play up top. I'd look for us to bring in CB and FB cover and be done?

Central midfield seems to be the area Norwich were looking to spend big money in with Billing, suspect they are still looking to spend the most there. Wouldn't be surprised in CB and FB cover are rolled up with one loanee coming in from somewhere - no idea who though.

If the Cantwell thing happens then who knows how their plans will change.

Just now, Fr. Chewy Louie said:

5 years is a bit of a gamble maybe? I guess if he's a success at least we have him tied down.

Even if he doesn't set the world alight, he's only 19 so plenty of years of growth - a long contract will see us healthily pass the amount we get for him if/when we sell him on

• Like 1

If this deal goes through at the reported fee and contract structure I'd consider it to be the very height of ambition displayed by the club, given our budgets. 

There is an element of risk with this signing, but I'd be very happy with it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Central midfield seems to be the area Norwich were looking to spend big money in with Billing, suspect they are still looking to spend the most there. Wouldn't be surprised in CB and FB cover are rolled up with one loanee coming in from somewhere - no idea who though.

Where’s Amadou these days…🤔

This is exciting and ambitious in my eyes. This guy was on the European Golden Boy list and obviously extensively scouted by some big teams. Only 19 so lots of room for progress!

14 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Fair enough! I guess if we're going to seriously try out the 4-3-2-1 Christmas tree we'll need another CM. Is the United lad Williams seen as cover for both FB and CB?

5 year contract is a good move for both parties as if he turns out brilliant and wants to move to bigger and better things then we'll get best price. We'll wait and see if he can handle the physicality of English football at a tender age.

Interesting to see what we do with the Cantwell money now. Fans will want every penny spent on players so possibly 2 or 3 more to come, thats a big squad to keep happy.

4 hours ago, horsefly said:

Stand by for Jim, DCB, Fred, etc, to comment on how he is "unproven" in the PL.

Pleased with this potential signing. He may need some time to acclimatise though as many of the foreign players do. 

Just now, Jim Smith said:

Pleased with this potential signing. He may need some time to acclimatise though as many of the foreign players do. 

Should be easier with a compatriot he's already played with before next to him on the pitch. That's actually one of the shrewdest parts of this transfer, bearing in mind there's less time to get the team to gel, at least one solid partnership is in place before getting him used to the rest.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

That presumes Cantwell to Villa has not already been factored in. Talk of Buendia to Villa in Jan/Feb was regarded as highly unlikely, as most thought when goes it will be to one of the top 8, or more likely a top Spanish club

So it suggests the deal was already done - which might be the case with Cantwell.

I expect the negotiations with PAOK are the add ons.  Whatever we might know/think I would venture that most outside of Norfolk don't rate our chances of staying up too highly, so PAOK may not have wanted too much dependent on that happening.

Otherwise, if all goes as being reported, then again it underlines again how much better value is to be had outside of the UK. This lad, or one of the Murphys ?

The prices quoted for Armstrong or Billings are more in hope than reality. It matters little what sell on clause Armstrong has - it is what other clubs value him at. With Billings, the 'silly little club' will have to continue to reduce the wage bill, and raise money for the £35m plus outstanding transfer payments. And I doubt we would be willing to match his current contract.

5 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Agreed, I distinctly remember Giannoulis struggling in his first couple of games (that hospital ball that he played across the box and led to us conceding still haunts me..), but after the last few seasons I’d say the majority of our fanbase are relatively patient with new signings, particularly from abroad.

3 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Agreed, I distinctly remember Giannoulis struggling in his first couple of games (that hospital ball that he played across the box and led to us conceding still haunts me..), but after the last few seasons I’d say the majority of our fanbase are relatively patient with new signings, particularly from abroad.

Worth noting that despite that hospital ball, he then went down the other end and assisted a goal didn't he? A quality we'll need more than any other next season is players with spirit and mentality to fight. That's not letting yourself be beat. Two games is very, VERY quick time to climatise. 

• Like 1

What will help with avoiding relegation this season will be not having so many injuries. Our hands were tied from the off last Prem season. Hopefully the Covid situation eases very soon for our squad. Gonna be very tough. But COYY

28 minutes ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

The article on the front page says that this is unrelated to the Cantwell deal, and that we'll still be in the market for a cb, fb, cm and striker... does anyone else think we need a bit more in the attacking midfield areas?

I assume that Tzolis, Dowell and Rashica are earmarked for the starting eleven, if playing in a 4-2-3-1 formation. We'd still be left with just Hernandez and Placheta on the bench, assuming Cantwell leaves.

Whilst I'm sure others 'can play there', we'd be relying on Tzolis and Rashica to adapt immediately to the EPL and stay injury free. 

I would just hope that the striker is comfortable on the wing too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Should be easier with a compatriot he's already played with before next to him on the pitch. That's actually one of the shrewdest parts of this transfer, bearing in mind there's less time to get the team to gel, at least one solid partnership is in place before getting him used to the rest.

It can't harm to have someone who knows you, speaks the same language and is already familiar with the club, and Norwich itself.

And I wonder if there might be an opening for one of our promising youngsters to go out there on loan.

Otherwise it speaks volumes for how the club is regarded as far as developing young players.

3 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

The article on the front page says that this is unrelated to the Cantwell deal, and that we'll still be in the market for a cb, fb, cm and striker... does anyone else think we need a bit more in the attacking midfield areas?

I assume that Tzolis, Dowell and Rashica are earmarked for the starting eleven, if playing in a 4-2-3-1 formation. We'd still be left with just Hernandez and Placheta on the bench, assuming Cantwell leaves.

Whilst I'm sure others 'can play there', we'd be relying on Tzolis and Rashica to adapt immediately to the EPL and stay injury free. 

I would just hope that the striker is comfortable on the wing too.

The signings we've been making it looks.more and more as though it will be 4321 transitioning to a 4231 though, with gilmour, McLean, PLM, rupp and (to a lesser extent) Sorenson all seemingly able to play the front and back role (and billing if he comes). I would like to see us sign a strong sitting midfielder now just to round off the group, unless that's going to be Sorenson. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

As if by magic...

And as if by magic again 😉

Screenshot_2021-08-05-16-07-23-78.jpg

Edited by BobLoz3

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Are we ever going to be able to spend the Buendia money?!

This is why we shouldn't sell Todd. There's zero guarantee that we'll be able to replace him.

You're jumping the gun a bit based on a completely different Greek source...

8 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

The signings we've been making it looks.more and more as though it will be 4321 transitioning to a 4231 though, with gilmour, McLean, PLM, rupp and (to a lesser extent) Sorenson all seemingly able to play the front and back role (and billing if he comes). I would like to see us sign a strong sitting midfielder now just to round off the group, unless that's going to be Sorenson. 

It's gotta be Sorensen, surely? He'll play the position a bit differently and not be quite the same non-stop tackle machine that Skipp is, but increasingly I think if we get Skipp in again, Sorensen's development will be stunted.