Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

No Buendia in today's squad?

No this is not officially a firesale. We’ve got good money for Lewis and we don’t know what we’ll get for Buendia and Cantwell yet.

In terms of losing players...that was always likely to happen. Are fans really so surprised? I get there was hope we’d hold to 2 or 3 of the 5 (which we still might) but that was always unlikely. They want to play in the PL and I don’t blame them. We just need to make sure we get good money for them and wish them well.

We need players up for the fight in the championship. 

4 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

How is holding out for top money for players we knew would go as firesale? 

There are some on here Jerrykerry who thought we would hang on to the crown jewels.

Hernandez and Placheta on the wings? Or maybe Martin and Idah pop up there instead?

Some very interesting combinations could be up for grabs here.

2 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Why is it that as a club we never seem to be able to keep hold of our players after relegation but others do 🤷‍♂️

Bournemouth not included in that statement i assume ?

honestly, the game is gone. Players like Buendia and Cantwell are truly pathetic if they have downed tools because we won't let some club have them on the cheap. Hope we let them rot in the under 23s to be honest rather than let them go for cheap.

If they weren't comfortable with relegation, they should never have signed the contracts they did, disgusting contempt for our club and we owe them nothing. Both basically nobodies when they came to us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Bournemouth and Watford certainly haven’t. 

Exactly. Ake, Wilson, Doucoure, Ramsdale etc....

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Bournemouth not included in that statement i assume ?

No because they have punched well above their weight for years and it was obvious that upon relegation they'd have no choice. 

We apparently have no debt and we're told we didn't need to sell, ok Covid has impacted this but with the sale of Lewis we've covered the incomings and we had money to spare whilst in the Prem. 

We lose these 2 and we have no chance of promotion. 

Good of MB to give Bournemouth an early heads up over who won’t be playing in the final third, from a tactical point of view we can could have done with keeping such news under wraps. 

11 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Hernandez and Placheta on the wings? Or maybe Martin and Idah pop up there instead?

Some very interesting combinations could be up for grabs here.

Either side of Steipermann, I like it. 

Farke spoke about leaving players out because he wants his squad to have their head in the game.  No surprise it's these two.

Edited by KeiranShikari

8 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Exactly. Ake, Wilson, Doucoure, Ramsdale etc....

£43m, £20m, £25m and £18m... fair fees...

What don't our lads understand? If teams aren't prepared to pay up they have to suck it up and stay until they earn a move away...

10 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

honestly, the game is gone. Players like Buendia and Cantwell are truly pathetic if they have downed tools because we won't let some club have them on the cheap. Hope we let them rot in the under 23s to be honest rather than let them go for cheap.

If they weren't comfortable with relegation, they should never have signed the contracts they did, disgusting contempt for our club and we owe them nothing. Both basically nobodies when they came to us.

I agree entirely, if your 'if' is correct! but let us not be hasty yet and see how it unfolds before we cast judgement.

5 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Either side of Steipermann, I like it. 

Exactly what I'm thinking. Pace up alongside Stiepermann, along with his partnership with Pukki. Can see him clocking up a lot of passes leading to assists from there with a speedster up there.

Just now, All the Germans said:

I agree entirely, if your 'if' is correct! but let us not be hasty yet and see how it unfolds before we cast judgement.

I have first hand knowledge that they have downed tools sadly, absolutely pathetic from them.

4 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Farke spoke about leaving players out because he wants his squad to have their head in the game.  No surprise it's these two.

Agree with DF and trust him to make the right decisions if it transpires that Cantwell & Buendia are not focussed on the championship. Let's look forward to the game with the team he puts out.

19 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Why is it that as a club we never seem to be able to keep hold of our players after relegation but others do 🤷‍♂️

You mean like Bournemouth and Watford... Oh. 

There's no way to hide the fact that these two missing lessens our chances however, Placheta scored last week and could have had another. He will certainly be wanting to kick on.

Pukki is looking sharper and often when there are big players missing, others grab their chance. 

OTBC

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tetteys Jig said:

I have first hand knowledge that they have downed tools sadly, absolutely pathetic from them.

First hand? So you've seen it with your own eyes or one of those two has told you they are downing tools? 

• Like 2

If they dont want to play for Norwich then the answer is easy

1. They van go if we geth 30mill

2. They can spend the season with the youth team

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Good of MB to give Bournemouth an early heads up over who won’t be playing in the final third, from a tactical point of view we can could have done with keeping such news under wraps. 

Yeah because e there is no way on earth Bournemouth will have spotted sky sports this morning... 

Jesus wept.