Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

No Buendia in today's squad?

14 minutes ago, lharman7 said:

Wondering who in that team can pick a pass or link up with Pukki up top. Pace on the wings yes but Pukki doesnt get on the end of high crosses into the box!

With the pace those two have, low skidders are also very likely. Placheta nearly assisted Pukki last week when Rudd redeemed his error with that flying save. If those two get free, expect a lot of low balls fizzed in.

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

With the pace those two have, low skidders are also very likely. Placheta nearly assisted Pukki last week when Rudd redeemed his error with that flying save. If those two get free, expect a lot of low balls fizzed in.

And if Bournemouth took anything away from our game vs Preston last week they will press the wings without the ball and nullify our wide players, especially Hernandez as i feel he struggled last week.

Just now, lharman7 said:

And if Bournemouth took anything away from our game vs Preston last week they will press the wings without the ball and nullify our wide players, especially Hernandez as i feel he struggled last week.

Agree, but that could make them vulnerable to central midfielders who can consistently go box to box. McLean's got his weaknesses, but his engine's not one. Rupp's looked decent at that as well - his problems have been in possession in tight spaces.

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Agree, but that could make them vulnerable to central midfielders who can consistently go box to box. McLean's got his weaknesses, but his engine's not one. Rupp's looked decent at that as well - his problems have been in possession in tight spaces.

This brings me back to my original worry. I dont think Mclean or Rupp has shown great link up play with Pukki.

Just now, lharman7 said:

This brings me back to my original worry. I dont think Mclean or Rupp has shown great link up play with Pukki.

Not against massed defences on the edge of the box, sure. Completely different dynamic playing on the counter though. Bit more margin for error there.

1 hour ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Why is it that as a club we never seem to be able to keep hold of our players after relegation but others do 🤷‍♂️

We have always been a selling club if we have ambitions for EPL then that is never going to happen when every season we continually sell the best players 

Mid table at best

2 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

honestly, the game is gone. Players like Buendia and Cantwell are truly pathetic if they have downed tools because we won't let some club have them on the cheap.

How do you know we didn't want to play them because we don't want an injury to jeopardise a sale? 

Webber hasn't been shy to go public with these types of things after a sale, we know that Josh Murphy was a lazy trainer and Howson downed tools to force a move.

I'll wait and see what he says after they've left, he'll either praise their professionalism or tell us what's what.

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

How do you know we didn't want to play them because we don't want an injury to jeopardise a sale? 

Webber hasn't been shy to go public with these types of things after a sale, we know that Josh Murphy was a lazy trainer and Howson downed tools to force a move.

I'll wait and see what he says after they've left, he'll either praise their professionalism or tell us what's what.

on that logic, why would Aarons be playing?

1 minute ago, Tetteys Jig said:

on that logic, why would Aarons be playing?

Perhaps he's not for sale. 

Its obvious why we may want Cantwell gone, he's got a short contract. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 hour ago, daly said:

We have always been a selling club if we have ambitions for EPL then that is never going to happen when every season we continually sell the best players 

Mid table at best

Its not just that though, Bournemouth have got fair fees for their sales and got it sorted quickly, we seem to be on the verge of getting bullied into selling our prospects for rubbish money.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Its not just that though, Bournemouth have got fair fees for their sales and got it sorted quickly, we seem to be on the verge of getting bullied into selling our prospects for rubbish money.

Jamal Lewis the 14th most expensive left back in football history, potentially rising to 7th most expensive left back if all add-ons realised.

That wasn't rubbish money.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

No this is not officially a firesale. We’ve got good money for Lewis and we don’t know what we’ll get for Buendia and Cantwell yet.

In terms of losing players...that was always likely to happen. Are fans really so surprised? I get there was hope we’d hold to 2 or 3 of the 5 (which we still might) but that was always unlikely. They want to play in the PL and I don’t blame them. We just need to make sure we get good money for them and wish them well.

We need players up for the fight in the championship. 

We have the players up for the fight.......but are selling them. Farke looks like he is in trouble already and that should be no surprise!

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Its obvious why we may want Cantwell gone, he's got a short contract. 

Hope that's the case as if he's downed tools then as a local lad that's hugely disrespectful to the fans. 

7 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Jamal Lewis the 14th most expensive left back in football history, potentially rising to 7th most expensive left back if all add-ons realised.

That wasn't rubbish money.

let's see what Emi and Todd go for this week then...

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

But emi was in the third kit release video

38937CF2-F718-47F6-9126-3E259A4C4626.gif

Because he is currently contracted to the club. Not Leeds or anyone else, but NCFC. He has to do as requested, until he officially signs for someone else!

1 minute ago, City 2nd said:

Because he is currently contracted to the club. Not Leeds or anyone else, but NCFC. He has to do as requested, until he officially signs for someone else!

That 3rd strip promo video might look stupid before the week is out.

15 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Are you aiming to take the crown from Pete as the most miserable poster on here? You keep posting dire scenarios that haven’t happened yet and then criticise the club for what you’ve made up.

If we had sold quickly, you’d probably say we gave way too easily and should have held out for more.

Edited by Nuff Said

The scary thing is, we’ve loaned out most of the new signings, if we lose Aarons, Buendia and Cantwell we’ll be left with a squad just about good enough for mid table!

4 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

let's see what Emi and Todd go for this week then...

Sounds like you are already taking figures being thrown around by red tops as gospel and judging the club by them, so yes.... let's see.

Just now, Indy said:

The scary thing is, we’ve loaned out most of the new signings, if we lose Aarons, Buendia and Cantwell we’ll be left with a squad just about good enough for mid table!

Well hopefully if a couple leave we'll see a couple in? 

6 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Are you aiming to take the crown from Pete as the most miserable poster on here? You keep posting dire scenarios that haven’t happened yet and then criticise the club for what you’ve made up.

If we had sold quickly, you’d probably say we gave way too easily and should have held out for more.

sorry to be like that mate but I'm just annoyed at how, yet again, we are being made to look like mugs. At most other clubs, they'd get their asking price or the players would suck it up and get on with it.

It's blatantly clear from todays game how much we are missing a focussed and motivated Todd and/or Emi in that side and yet they have chosen to be little bitches about having to stay and play with us, it's pathetic all round really. Be good if they all took a leaf out of Max Aarons book and just got on with it until there is an acceptable bid come in.

They were part of the team that got relegated with a whimper so should feel compelled to put it right or at least be professional until decent money comes in and honour their deals.

The vague social media posts with "focussed" etc. on them are a complete insult to us fans as well. We deserve better.

2 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

sorry to be like that mate but I'm just annoyed at how, yet again, we are being made to look like mugs. At most other clubs, they'd get their asking price or the players would suck it up and get on with it.

It's blatantly clear from todays game how much we are missing a focussed and motivated Todd and/or Emi in that side and yet they have chosen to be little bitches about having to stay and play with us, it's pathetic all round really. Be good if they all took a leaf out of Max Aarons book and just got on with it until there is an acceptable bid come in.

They were part of the team that got relegated with a whimper so should feel compelled to put it right or at least be professional until decent money comes in and honour their deals.

The vague social media posts with "focussed" etc. on them are a complete insult to us fans as well. We deserve better.

Look, I completely understand your frustration, this game is crying out for one of Emi or Todd. But I don’t see why we in particular look like mugs, an unhappy/distracted player is a common problem at this too me of the transfer window.

29 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

We have the players up for the fight.......but are selling them. Farke looks like he is in trouble already and that should be no surprise!

Lewis clearly wanted to go and has done. From what Emi has said it looks like he wants to go, and (admittedly) from rumours, Cantwell wants out too. 

We need the hunger of those eager to prove themselves and get us promoted. If there’s players that don’t want to be here and the price is right, then sell.

5 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Lewis clearly wanted to go and has done. From what Emi has said it looks like he wants to go, and (admittedly) from rumours, Cantwell wants out too. 

We need the hunger of those eager to prove themselves and get us promoted. If there’s players that don’t want to be here and the price is right, then sell.

what about when the price isn't right?

Excellent PR.....Discredit the two talented absentees as being disloyal, petulant, non-committed, lacking focus, disruptive and an insult to the fans etc, etc, etc.....So if and when they do go to pastures new, the forelock tuggin' toeing the club-line loyal support will say "good riddance as we don't need them money fixated football mercenaries here in our Community Club!".....It then somewhat softens the blow of their 'impending' sale and then 'Phew' all's well in the boardroom.....

• Like 1