Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

No Buendia in today's squad?

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

First hand? So you've seen it with your own eyes or one of those two has told you they are downing tools? 

OK 2nd hand... I am friends with someone that has...

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

honestly, the game is gone. Players like Buendia and Cantwell are truly pathetic if they have downed tools because we won't let some club have them on the cheap. Hope we let them rot in the under 23s to be honest rather than let them go for cheap.

If they weren't comfortable with relegation, they should never have signed the contracts they did, disgusting contempt for our club and we owe them nothing. Both basically nobodies when they came to us.

Agree with the first part if your "if" is correct, however, signing the long-term contracts they did is what guarantees us a good financial return if the worst comes to the worst. Put it this way, if it was less than 2 years to go we wouldn't be in much of a position as they could start stalling the clock in negotiations.

1 minute ago, Jerrykerry said:

Yeah because e there is no way on earth Bournemouth will have spotted sky sports this morning... 

Jesus wept. 

Why, what was on Sky Sports this morning, Jerry? Doubt the holy one was shedding tears over it regardless

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

Agree with the first part if your "if" is correct, however, signing the long-term contracts they did is what guarantees us a good financial return if the worst comes to the worst. Put it this way, if it was less than 2 years to go we wouldn't be in much of a position as they could start stalling the clock in negotiations.

it feels like they are doing that anyway, even though in Emis case, he has 4 years left on his deal.

If I were in charge, I'd tell him what he can go for and tell him to get his head down. He can rot in the reserves if he is going to be a **** about it for all I care

• Like 1

Just now, Tetteys Jig said:

OK 2nd hand... I am friends with someone that has...

Ah, thought that might be the case , I remembered you saying before that you knew someone whos cousins bedroom  overlooks Cantwells sisters boyfriends workplace carpark.😇👍😉

Just now, Tetteys Jig said:

it feels like they are doing that anyway, even though in Emis case, he has 4 years left on his deal.

If I were in charge, I'd tell him what he can go for and tell him to get his head down. He can rot in the reserves if he is going to be a **** about it for all I care

Easier to do that when the club has such a long contract. Much harder when they've less than 24 months to go.

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Ah, thought that might be the case , I remembered you saying before that you knew someone whos cousins bedroom  overlooks Cantwells sisters boyfriends workplace carpark.😇👍😉

say what you like, I get that it sounds like rubbish. I'm not going to start naming my source but he's reliable and works in the industry

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Easier to do that when the club has such a long contract. Much harder when they've less than 24 months to go.

in Todd's case, 24 months is a long time to rot away only to then move for free somewhere not quite as good after stagnating for 2 years

Don’t understand them “downing tools” if there’s any truth in that (which I’m not convinced by personally).  Given the lack of preparation time this season anyway, why would you ‘down tools’? Even if you get a move you’ll be weeks behind everyone else. More likely I would imagine both are in discussions with the club and their heads aren’t in the right place for scrapping for points right now.

1 minute ago, Tetteys Jig said:

say what you like, I get that it sounds like rubbish. I'm not going to start naming my source but he's reliable and works in the industry

No biggie, I do remember you having a contact . I was just giving ye a tickle. Didnt mean to sound too sarky , just messing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Icecream Snow said:

Yeah, this will get some serious heat 😛

It isn't too creative in the midfield is it?

I like the thought of this line-up, Idah on the bench so still some pace coming off it (which is my primary objection to Hernandez and Placheta being on from the start - I tend to prefer one as an impact sub on against tiring defenders). Rupp should provide more defensive awareness in the middle of the park when not in possession. Should be a bit more solid down the middle with this line-up.

Skipp - McLean - Rupp as the central three. That could be promising.

Think it's clear that Vrancic has been written off by Farke now.

Seemingly would rather play Rupp and McLean ahead of Skipp than give Vrancic the minutes.

Pathetic.

• Like 1

Interesting that people ‘in the know’ are now claiming this and that, all a bit after the event.  News is only news if it isn’t already known by everyone.

Wondering who in that team can pick a pass or link up with Pukki up top. Pace on the wings yes but Pukki doesnt get on the end of high crosses into the box!

Max the consummate professional, no downing tools from him. Right attitude to go all the way to the top. He at least will go with NCFC supporters blessings I feel.

If it’s true about Cantwell and Buendia, then I’m very disappointed to see them taint their time at NCFC. Especially in light of Emi’s recent comments. Does make me wonder about Emi’s ‘injury’ last weekend now...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Good on Pukki, Aarons & Godfrey for turning up.

Why would these three want to stay when we’ll have no chance of promotion

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

Why would these three want to stay when we’ll have no chance of promotion

because they are still getting games at a good level and we still have a competitive squad. The right move for the right fee will come in Jan if it doesn't now.

Got a better look than just downing tools at the slightest hint of interest.

Worked out fine for Maddison when he just got on with it and now he's well recieved by City fans, as he is Coventry fans

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Oh well at least we'll have plenty of money to spend.

If both Todd and Emi go, then let’s hope it’s done quickly - with Dowell out until January minimum, time will be of the essence and we may need to go shopping abroad over the next week (please not Pritchard).