Keith Scott

Keith Scott's post match musings

I see a few posters clambering for Keith  Scott's insights, and rightfully so.

Anyway i'll break it down for you all into a nice simple pros and cons format. Here goes.

Pros

Quintilla and Skipp very impressive debuts.

Aarons excellent, should have had a pen. 

Defensively looked fairly solid.

Farke actually made subs in good time (halleluja!!!), and it improved us.

The intensity and pressing in the last 20 mins. Seemed fitter than the opposition. Complete contrast to last season.

First league goal for Idah.

We won.

Cons

Creativity bereft for the majority.

Dowell and Cantwell really poor.

McLean as ever a complete waste of a shirt. Can win the odd header but offers nothing in any other capacity. 

Pukki still looks really short on confidence infront of goal.

An underwhelming performance for the majority against a poor Huddersfield team.

As always, you're welcome. Big Keith Scott.

• Like 1

Always look forward to the counter view from a poster who references himself.

Maybe you're an hour later than your customary sharp post. But your summary is about on the money. The subs actually changed the momentum definitively. I, like a few other posters often want Farke to make changes earlier but credit is due today, he got it spot on and didn't just change Teemu for Idah.

What I saw was us create very little against what looks like being a very poor side again in the Championship this season. Whilst an awful Huddersfield caused us hardly trouble at all we were for most of the game sloppy and disjointed. Only an absolute howler gave us the game and without that I doubt we would have scored. 

The midfield line up and cohesion was a disaster. Nobody to put their foot on the ball or pick a pass. Dowell and Cantwell can’t just fill the same roll and space and yes McLean is neither one thing or the other. 

Emi would at least bring a bit of control to the middle and hopefully some momentum can come from this. I fear however that Farke will continue blindly with what he picked today as he  seems to do. Don’t think we will meet many teams on the road as poor as the team we played today though so I’d suggest a repeat of today wouldn’t do.

3 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

What I saw was us create very little against what looks like being a very poor side again in the Championship this season. Whilst an awful Huddersfield caused us hardly trouble at all we were for most of the game sloppy and disjointed. Only an absolute howler gave us the game and without that I doubt we would have scored. 

The midfield line up and cohesion was a disaster. Nobody to put their foot on the ball or pick a pass. Dowell and Cantwell can’t just fill the same roll and space and yes McLean is neither one thing or the other. 

Emi would at least bring a bit of control to the middle and hopefully some momentum can come from this. I fear however that Farke will continue blindly with what he picked today as he  seems to do. Don’t think we will meet many teams on the road as poor as the team we played today though so I’d suggest a repeat of today wouldn’t do.

I agree. The result might say we won but in my head it was a thirteenth straight defeat. Flattered by the result and the three points based on today I can’t see past another relegation battle. Poor. New signings all rubbish and we’ll still sell Buendia, Godfrey and Aarons. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

16 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I agree. The result might say we won but in my head it was a thirteenth straight defeat. Flattered by the result and the three points based on today I can’t see past another relegation battle. Poor. New signings all rubbish and we’ll still sell Buendia, Godfrey and Aarons. 

I've told you before Duncan.............. it's like shooting fish in a barrel. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hardhouse44 said:

So reading between the lines, what you're saying is that we comfortably won an away game without being any where near our best?

Sign of a top team, and delighted you agree.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Good grief, what’s made you unhappy today?

It is simply unbelievable that some fans can react this negatively to an away win and a clean sheet. 

2 hours ago, Hardhouse44 said:

You did enjoy the win though right? And you have to credit Farke for the substitutions which changed the game though don’t you? 

And wasn’t it great when Idah scored...? All in all it was a good day wasn’t it?  

20 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

If the scummer hadn’t made the mistake this was 0-0 all day long

So you're telling us that if players didn't make mistakes results would be different?

What an incredible level of hindsight, unbelievable to believe you share your knowledge for free on a public messageboard.

Blessed.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

3 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Just waiting for Hardhouse44 to come back and agree with you full of sincerity 

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Just waiting for Hardhouse44 to come back and agree with you full of sincerity 

Have you ever seen Hardhouse and Duncan in the same room?

22 minutes ago, Ian said:

So you're telling us that if players didn't make mistakes results would be different?

What an incredible level of hindsight, unbelievable to believe you share your knowledge for free on a public messageboard.

Blessed.

It's remarkable. It's almost as if mistakes don't arise due to pressure.

Huddersfield started off the better side then after 10mins or so we started improving, Huddersfield turned much more defensive and we dominated the game. I know it was looking to end goalless, but Huddersfield had pretty much “parked the bus” and I felt we were by far the better side - 16 attempts, 5 on target, Huddersfield 7 attempts, 1 on target and so I feel we deserved to win

58 minutes ago, Ian said:

Blessed.

Who rattled your cage? Bell end 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Who rattled your cage? Bell end 

😂

My cage remains in absolutely pristine condition

There was a lot of rust on the old engine and it'll need a few more hours running in before we can move up to a higher gear. But the bearings are sound and there is nothing that a little fine tuning won't fix. 

Or in other words: Cantwell needs to get his head back in the game, or find someone in the EPL to take him off our hands. McLean bang average, Dowell hit and miss, but Skipp, and my MoM Quintilla both excellent.

Godfrey and Aarons also very good and Pukki a much better second half and apparently on his way back.

6 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

Huddersfield started off the better side then after 10mins or so we started improving, Huddersfield turned much more defensive and we dominated the game. I know it was looking to end goalless, but Huddersfield had pretty much “parked the bus” and I felt we were by far the better side - 16 attempts, 5 on target, Huddersfield 7 attempts, 1 on target and so I feel we deserved to win

True.

They were a tough side and used fouling as a tactic throughout. Their defence was packed increasingly as the game progressed.

It was as if we were the home side.

We found it hard to get some sort of rhythm. Our defence impressed me. There was always somebody there to deal with things and both central defenders were magnificent.

I feel that this may be one of the most testing away fixtures we will have this season.

We won it. 

Edited by BroadstairsR

10 hours ago, Mario Harper****e said:

You did enjoy the win though right? And you have to credit Farke for the substitutions which changed the game though don’t you? 

And wasn’t it great when Idah scored...? All in all it was a good day wasn’t it?  

Of course it’s good to win. Great in fact. But swallows and summers. We need to build on this and learn from it. The match was poor in terms of quality and entertainment. Let’s see what next week brings. 

12 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

A win was a defeat? 

Get some mental health assistance soon please.