Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

We could be without up to 15 players for the Luton match

Anyone know how accurate this is? 

Can we just call off the match if this is the case? Rather not be in the cup anyway given the crazy figure congestion as it is.

.... So, which centreback would you like to see us play in goal?

20200820_113347.jpg

I’m not sure why they don’t just move the match, I believe they have the option to do so? 

4 minutes ago, Clint said:

I’m not sure why they don’t just move the match, I believe they have the option to do so? 

I have a feeling the club would rather just do it with the reserves than move the game and interfere with pre-season plans etc. 

The first four rounds of the League Cup are all crammed into September this year. I see no good argument for a ‘cup run’. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I have a feeling the club would rather just do it with the reserves than move the game and interfere with pre-season plans etc. 

The first four rounds of the League Cup are all crammed into September this year. I see no good argument for a ‘cup run’. 

Agreed.

I'm slightly torn as it means we'll likely kick off the season with 'another' defeat, but there is absolutely no benefit to us making our fixture list even more congested than it already will be.

8 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

For anyone familiar with the work of American pianist and songwriter Ben Folds, this season's League Cup should be renamed the "Battle Of Who Could Care Less".

• Like 1

Although I’m not entirely convinced we’ll end up losing 15 players, if the game isn’t moved we’ll just have to play the kids. Personally I don’t think this would be a disaster as it would give them some first team experience, and even if we ended up getting knocked out straight away it wouldn’t be a huge embarrassment as it would more be down lack of availability, not poor team selection/performance. Also I think we need to concentrate fully on the league this season as we are all desperate to bounce straight back up, not worry about the cup.

1 minute ago, Jerrykerry said:

Play whoever is left, get out of the pointless cup, and focus on winning the league. 

Totally agree with you there mate

The main concern for me is that we don't pick up any serious injuries from 'the up to 15 players'. I couldn't care less about the League Cup, or any cup this season, it's all about a promotion campaign. 

• Like 1

The league cup is an opportunity for young players to show their worth. It catapulted Aarons and Cantwell to the league team, so in that respect, it is useful to have competitive games.  Just play the youngsters and get on with it.

9 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

The league cup is an opportunity for young players to show their worth. It catapulted Aarons and Cantwell to the league team, so in that respect, it is useful to have competitive games.  Just play the youngsters and get on with it.

Jeez, don’t suggest that. If anyone does well, we’ll have even more whinging about how we’ve got too many players.

If we’re not going to take the competition seriously then why bother entering. If we lose this game, I for one will see it as a direct reflection of our abilities and as an accurate representation of what is to come. I’ll make a suitable knee jerk reaction and demand someone is sacked/dropped/stripped of ownership/sent on loan to rovrum accordingly. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, keefyboy said:

We need to take the game seriously have to lose that losing mentality quickly 

Wouldn't work. We'd still be losing something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looking at the "contracts" thread we have 45 players in the first team "squad" with only two injured. Even with 15 unavailable we still have 28 to choose from.

Just pick somebody at random..He only has to wear kitchen mittens and a different colored shirt anyway....

BTW I see The Ox is injured? Shame for him, wish him a speedy recovery) 

So what would be the best punt at the team we might have available.

Mair

Thomas Zimmerman Klose McCullum

Tettey Vrancic

Hernandez Buendia Martin

Idah

Not horrendous I suppose. 

16 minutes ago, Surfer said:

He only has to wear kitchen mittens and a different colored shirt anyway....

If Drmic doesn't get called up for Switzerland it'd give him the chance to do something useful.

Apples

11 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Mair

Tettey Vrancic

Hernandez Buendia Martin

Idah

Is Placeta off to Poland for duty? 

Would love to see him on one wing and hernandez on the other, I have no doubt that will be a fantastic pairing

16 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Mair

Tettey Vrancic

Hernandez Buendia Martin

Idah

Mair is on loan at Kings Lynn - Goalkeeper is the one position that there will be a real struggle (although McGovern might not continue as N. Ireland third choice). I think it would have to be McCracken in goal - I don't think all the youth teams have finalised their plans as yet, so there might be some players available who otherwise would be off.

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Is Placeta off to Poland for duty? 

Poland U21.

Aren’t we likely to have a reserve keeper in by then? If nothing else, last season showed us we need 3 possible first teamers.  

If there’s ever a game/tournament to not worry about, this is it - the season is going to be long/hard enough as it is, being 5 weeks shorter.

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Aren’t we likely to have a reserve keeper in by then? If nothing else, last season showed us we need 3 possible first teamers.  

If there’s ever a game/tournament to not worry about, this is it - the season is going to be long/hard enough as it is, being 5 weeks shorter.

All the reports suggest that Norwich are content with Krul, McGovern and Barden.

Really?  I’ve not seen any reports suggesting that, it does certainly seem a bit ‘sparse‘ - particularly when you consider our current numbers in midfield! - not that it’ll stay that way, no doubt.

Edited by Branston Pickle

10 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Really?  I’ve not seen any reports suggesting that, it does certainly seem a bit ‘sparse‘ - particularly when you consider our current numbers in midfield! - not that it’ll stay that way, no doubt.

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/canaries-sam-byram-injury-setback-1-6790007 Last paragraph

It has also been reiterated a few times by the PinkUn writers in Q&As etc.