Sign in to follow this  
NFN FC

Official match thread

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

whats the record again? 100 percent losing record when we go down a goal?

Yup. Have never recovered points from a losing position under Farke in the EPL.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

whats the record again? 100 percent losing record when we go down a goal?

Yup, which is stark contrast to last season...

Just look totally devoid of enthusiasm. Heads are down and we don't have anyone on the pitch to rally them.Ā 

We are out of our depth and its showing. We have two midfield players who are better than MacLean and Trybull. One is on the bench and the other out of favour. Plus Godfrey has shown what he can do further forward. We never win a header in midfield and need someone like him there to challenge. And yes I know he has to play CB but to me he is wasted.

Two great efforts on goal in the first half, as someoneā€™s said, when youā€™re struggling, nothing goes your way.

• Like 1

Trybull loses his runners far too easy. Cant legislate for the Krul mistake. A shame because hasnt been an awful performance.

• Like 1

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Just look totally devoid of enthusiasm. Heads are down and we don't have anyone on the pitch to rally them.Ā 

We are out of our depth and its showing. We have two midfield players who are better than MacLean and Trybull. One is on the bench and the other out of favour. Plus Godfrey has shown what he can do further forward. We never win a header in midfield and need someone like him there to challenge. And yes I know he has to play CB but to me he is wasted.

Agreed, would love to see him out of CB next season

Painful viewing again. Midfield is being walked through time and time again

if this was a boxing match the referee would have stopped it by now. A total and utter shambles no other words for it. No fight, no passion, no leadership.

• Like 1

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

if this was a boxing match the referee would have stopped it by now. A total and utter shambles no other words for it. No fight, no passion, no leadership.

How do you define no fight and no passion? I saw quite a bit of it and Tettey seems a good leader to me.

We aren't good enough, but they're trying.

• Like 1

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

It was obvious in the Everton match only the other day. We get the ball at the ball, Everton held formation, started pressing. We passed it around waiting for an opening, couldn't find one, go back to Krul who gets closed down so lofts it long, we can't win the ball in the air so they get it down and come at us. It was constant, like waves on the shore. The only time we ever look threatening is coming forwards at pace but we're just too slow to do it unless we catch a mistake in midfield. It's painful to me as I love the technical football we're trying to play, but at this level we just are not good enough at it.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Trybull loses his runners far too easy. Cant legislate for the Krul mistake. A shame because hasnt been an awful performance.

Yes both are at fault for that Hog, thought Buendia and Cantwell been defensively sound in helping track back but as you say Krull just had one of those moments to forget. It happens.

• Like 1

We have seen it before, once it goes against you it tends to keep going that way.

Ā 

1 minute ago, JF said:

Painful viewing again. Midfield is being walked through time and time again

Actually they are being ' passed around '.Ā 

I am still firmly of the opinion that the 3 signings of Drmic Duda and Rupp were just a waste of time. Not one of them are even Champ standard. What's more they keep last season's players on the bench when they are in fact better players. Rupp couldn't even pass to Todd or Teemu when put through. Shocking

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

absolute nonsense

All this, it must be said itā€™s an Arsenal side full of good players.

• Thanks 1

Krul has kept us in many, many matches this season.Ā Ā If the rest of our team had playedĀ as well as he has this season, we wouldn't be bottom. He, more than anyone, deserves some slack.

OTBCĀ 

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Harry53 said:

I am still firmly of the opinion that the 3 signings of Drmic Duda and Rupp were just a waste of time. Not one of them are even Champ standard. What's more they keep last season's players on the bench when they are in fact better players. Rupp couldn't even pass to Todd or Teemu when put through. Shocking

It's almost like all our signings this season have been awful or something

Our midfield is painful to watch. Trybull, McLean and Rupp are Championship level. Emi getting all tied up in possession and no awareness of what's going on around him. Not a sniff of service to Pukki. Quite dreadful but it was always going to be diificult w/o Tettey in midfield.

• Like 2

Well that was ****ing awful. Business as usual. Put in a token effort for the cup and then immediately back to this nonsense.

The midfield have been awful. You would not have thought we outnumbered Arsenal in the middle. Our mid three are incapable of showing for a pass and the rare time someone actually is open, none of them have the confidence or ability to make a pass themselves.Ā 

Next year could be a struggle - confidence is rock bottom and we look totally lost for ideas. There's no such thing as a free hit, the squad will be affected by this season and Farke will have his work cut out turning them back into a winning team.Ā 

Edited by HertsCanary93

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Itā€™s the PL. every side is full of good playersĀ 

• Like 1

Just now, Indy said:

They are stronger in every position,Ā  Arsenal playing like this areĀ  almost unstoppable. This wont affect my life though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

It was obvious in the Everton match only the other day. We get the ball at the ball, Everton held formation, started pressing. We passed it around waiting for an opening, couldn't find one, go back to Krul who gets closed down so lofts it long, we can't win the ball in the air so they get it down and come at us. It was constant, like waves on the shore. The only time we ever look threatening is coming forwards at pace but we're just too slow to do it unless we catch a mistake in midfield. It's painful to me as I love the technical football we're trying to play, but at this level we just are not good enough at it.

Technical? Itā€™s Hughton style and itā€™s rubbish

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's almost like all our signings this season have been awful or something

But Rupp will get picked every game to provide the...ermmm....

Ā 

(I donā€™t know what he does)