Sign in to follow this  
NFN FC

Official match thread

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Well, alot of the urgency has been set by the energy of Rupp in midfield who posters are calling a waste of space soooo who knows.

Please tell me what he does besides giving the ball away? 

• Like 1

Some really naive decision making on show tonight. Why is Jamal dribbling into Onel? Rupp holding onto the ball in a 3v3 with Pukki through and then going backwards? plus the obvious suicidal errors. We seem to make the wrong choices at every turn at the moment, it's not fine margins any more, which to be honest I think the bulk of the season has been lost on. Real shame. Drmic is so obviously not good enough I cannot see how DF can in good conscience play him again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry53 said:

Please tell me what he does besides giving the ball away? 

Dont get me wrong he was poor - but so was the rest of central midfield but he was also the only one to show some energy.

1 hour ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Love the three early subs but I fear Farke is just rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic.

There are some on here that would plonk themselves down on those deckchairs and say "what iceberg?".....

I really like Daniel Farke and admire what he has tried to do. But the emotional pull cannot hide the evidence of what I have seen on the pitch where we are clearly not good enough on so many levels, some down to basic tactics, formations and lineups. If DF was unlikeable this would be so much easier, but I am desperate for it to suddenly click.......one feels that even the commentators feel sorry for us and are trying to hide the awful truths of the naivety and lack of competitiveness.

When your goalkeeper gets more passes than any of your outfield players, then you know there is something fundamentally wrong with your tactics.
Trying to play tippy tappy out from the back, particularly when we play high pressing teams, is just a disaster waiting to happen, and tonight it happened twice
Rupp awful.
Drmic awful.
McClean awful.
Simply not good enough in most all areas.

Always thought survival was unlikely but didn't see it being this bad. Do we pick up another point this season?

I'd like to know (a) who is responsible for "motivating" the team and gets them jogging around starting each and every half so languidly putting us always on the back foot; (b) who tells Lewis and Aarons to play so far up that the opposition get a free rein to run in behind the defence forcing Cantwell and Buendia to slog back to cover; and (c) why we play so slowly and so much backwards stuff that the opposition always get time to reorganise. There is some really basic stuff here being repeated time and again which no amount of big money signings would solve.