ridgeman

Norwich v Blackburn

Just recounting our last game against them Buendia was kicked out of the game after 21 minutes and Leitner had to go off at half time after some rough treatment will they allow us to play this time or will it be more of the same. The fans must get on the referees back if they resort to these tactics again.

The club needs to make some kind of noise with the EFL or refs association or the press.

Farke tried to set the ball rolling with this after a recent game in his post-match interview - Wendys?

The only thing to stop it is early cards and consistency - something refs in this League are woefully poor at producing.

This is my concern, they tried to kick us out of a result at their place and almost managed it. I'm just wondering if they'll have the same appetite at CR.

We have become more and more street-wise as the season has progressed. The imported boys have become well versed in dealing with the hardships of the Chumps. They are no longer the **** cats we saw last season.

Also, have Blackburn regressed so much that they need resort to such tactics? From the team who were able to lure Chris Sutton away from his Norwich roots and go on to win the title under gentleman 'Woy' to Championship cloggers? Not really.

Besides there are four thousand holes in Blackburn, Lancashire and some of them must be in their defence. They average two goals conceded away from home, we average two goals per game. That makes a four goal bonanza for City on my calculator (?)

Fill your boots Canaries. The scene is set. Fill that open top bus up with petrol in readiness for another glorious day in the sunshine.

• Like 2

P-u-s-s-y is actually censored. Eh?

Mary Whitehouse strikes again thank goodness and "Are You Being Served" was rightly banned in Albania, North Korea and certain American states.

I'm all for such a strict moral code.

Chicks with ****?  Just testing.

Aw!

**** van **** then?

Any mention of family entertainer **** van ****, of Mary Poppins fame, is strictly banned in the state of Pink'Un I presume.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Dickie Arbiter then?

Will that  toad eating, royalty loving nonce get through?

Oh well! 'No money, no honey,' as they say.

Honey's off ( banned) love.

Edited by BroadstairsR

I'm sure Norwich have enough to beat Blackburn, but however slim the Chance of this potentially not happening, do you line up with the intention of getting the point?  risking the chance of the championship! 

11 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

I'm sure Norwich have enough to beat Blackburn, but however slim the Chance of this potentially not happening, do you line up with the intention of getting the point?  risking the chance of the championship! 

I like the way you've managed to make "risking the chance of the championship" sound slightly wistful....🤣

Anyway it's not a question that really needs answering, DF will certainly setup the team as he has the whole season, looking to dominate the game (both with and without the ball) and win comfortably.  Get an early goal and as with QPR it could be a good evening.  But I'm pretty sure there won't be any complacency, on the pitch or in the stands.

5 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Dickie Arbiter then?

Will that  toad eating, royalty loving nonce get through?

Oh well! 'No money, no honey,' as they say.

Honey's off ( banned) love.

Well, BR, I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread of you, seemingly, rambling to yourself! 😂😉

12 hours ago, ridgeman said:

Just recounting our last game against them Buendia was kicked out of the game after 21 minutes and Leitner had to go off at half time after some rough treatment will they allow us to play this time or will it be more of the same. The fans must get on the referees back if they resort to these tactics again.

Tettey time :classic_ninja:

They were a cute bunch at Ewood and had clearly been coached to get hard tackles on our most creative players. They were pedestrian that day and I'm hoping we find the same level of ambition at our place.

So my main line of thinking is that since they were so keen on putting in hard tackles at their place that they hadn't got a plan of how to win the game. Perhaps now they have put a run together it will be about them actually trying to play football and our naturally creative players can express themselves too.

As noted in another post, I want us to get 3 or 4 goals (or 5)....and score a penalty (but who?). I reckon we will get one.

I would love us to sign off this season in style. Cue....party time!!!

7 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

We have become more and more street-wise as the season has progressed. The imported boys have become well versed in dealing with the hardships of the Chumps. They are no longer the **** cats we saw last season.

Also, have Blackburn regressed so much that they need resort to such tactics? From the team who were able to lure Chris Sutton away from his Norwich roots and go on to win the title under gentleman 'Woy' to Championship cloggers? Not really.

Besides there are four thousand holes in Blackburn, Lancashire and some of them must be in their defence. They average two goals conceded away from home, we average two goals per game. That makes a four goal bonanza for City on my calculator (?)

Fill your boots Canaries. The scene is set. Fill that open top bus up with petrol in readiness for another glorious day in the sunshine.

Blackburn didn't win the title under Roy.  Kenny Dalglish was the manager when they won the title.

3 hours ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

image.thumb.png.8d5e60003a0f0d77bd0dedb43fb554af.png

The referee is Andy Madley for those interested. My main recollection of him is him having a stinker in our cup game at Arsenal last season.

Blackburn play with 2 up front  and 2 wingers. Assuming they press high up we'll need to be patient and try and wear them down, but once getting beyond their forward players we should be able to create chances. No doubt they'll be physical all Chump sides are.

Tettey time for me too to give us that sound base and it would be nice to see the big man help get us over the line.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Could be a Wendy.

Wiki says he’s from Huddersfield!

11 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

I like the way you've managed to make "risking the chance of the championship" sound slightly wistful....🤣

Anyway it's not a question that really needs answering, DF will certainly setup the team as he has the whole season, looking to dominate the game (both with and without the ball) and win comfortably.  Get an early goal and as with QPR it could be a good evening.  But I'm pretty sure there won't be any complacency, on the pitch or in the stands.

I agree about Farke, but I think you'll find most of the crowd think we're already up and everything could get a little sticky if Blackburn score first or even look like they're interested in trying to win it.

By the way, I am one of those few (apparently) who can still see this slipping from our hands. I hate premature celebrations - they always come back to bite you. Everyone is assuming we will beat Blackburn - but if we lose, just imagine how Leeds could play on Sunday with absolutely nothing to lose, knowing that if they can get within 5 or 6 goals of us they have the scum to play next week, while we are at Villa Park. 

Sorry, I'm not counting any chickens - this isn't done yet.

Me too.

I can't get out of my head Mick Channon's confidence that we would stay up (14 May '85) when we had played 42 games (full season), were on 48 points with -18  goal difference.

Coventry had 3 games in hand, were on 41 points and a goal difference of -22.

They won all their games and ended on 50 points and a goal difference of -19.

We were relegated.

Never mind the players bringing their A game on Saturday, some on here need to grow a pair and get behind the Team. 

.... sick of all this flouncing.

• Like 4