Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

New forum software - what would you like to see?

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]The quote facility works - there''s eveyn an option to multi-quote.[/quote]

Quote system that works on all platforms.

Ability to easily insert a link to an external site (don''t worry we all promise to come back immediately).

Preventing users continually coming up with ''hilarious'' revised user names, pick a bloody name and stick to it.

A list of allowable swear words.

A share of the advertising revenue generated by the EU thread.

Clear visual indication of which posts you''ve read or not; the ability to subscribe to threads and receive notifications of new activity.

Sort options to include by thread creation date.

Edit posts (coupled with the ability to see edit history to prevent abuse).

Ability to up-vote/recommend (but not down-vote) posts with record of who has up-voted.

Some homage to the development of web standards over the last decade or so.

This is good news Pete, doubt if anyone on here minds if all 14 years of posts aren''t moved over, I''m sure that the updated software is more important that posts or people''s post counts

For me

Unable to change user names

an edit button for 5 mins after you''ve posted to correct spelling

Links & pictures to work on all browsers

Quote facility that works on Chrome

Get rid of sub sections and just have two, one main discussion for ncfc, plus one for general chit chat

Less intrusive ads

Ability to move easily through long threads, not five pages at a time, ( the existing system makes searching for Mr Bens previous posts overly burdensome and allows him to get away with murder 😄)Something to stop people creating a large number of accounts.A better search system for posts.An ability for all users and browsers to easily post links, images etc.

[quote user="Diane"]This is good news Pete, doubt if anyone on here minds if all 14 years of posts aren''t moved over, I''m sure that the updated software is more important that posts or people''s post counts

For me

Unable to change user names

an edit button for 5 mins after you''ve posted to correct spelling

Links & pictures to work on all browsers

Quote facility that works on Chrome

Get rid of sub sections and just have two, one main discussion for ncfc, plus one for general chit chat

Less intrusive ads[/quote]
Install ABP and you will not get any adds, and its free.

“an edit button for 5 mins after you''ve posted to correct spelling “

Five days wouldn’t be long enough for some ..

I''d really like to see everyone''s personal bank details, and if I''m not being too intrusive, also their pin numbers......

Coz I''m a little bit wahay an'' a little bit wahoe......I''m a geezer ain''t I......

This is good news Pete, doubt if anyone on here minds if all 14 years of posts aren''t moved over, I''m sure that the updated software is more important that posts or people''s post counts

Oooh, I dunno, I think it’s nice that there’s the ability to look back and reminisce. Flip-flopping opinions, people that wished we were the binners when they got Evans and Keane, the Worthy Outers, the Hooternators, the Neil Outerd, the Delia Outers, the Delia Outers again, the Delia Outers again again...it’s like a little filing cabinet of our supporting history and should be kept. I often find things ive written that are funny now. It’s amusing to see when we called things right and even funnier when we didn’t.

We can’t delete Hamilton’s reign or “move over” getting dicked by Colchester; leave it open warts’n’all!!!!

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]This is good news Pete, doubt if anyone on here minds if all 14 years of posts aren''t moved over, I''m sure that the updated software is more important that posts or people''s post counts

Oooh, I dunno, I think it’s nice that there’s the ability to look back and reminisce. Flip-flopping opinions, people that wished we were the binners when they got Evans and Keane, the Worthy Outers, the Hooternators, the Neil Outerd, the Delia Outers, the Delia Outers again, the Delia Outers again again...it’s like a little filing cabinet of our supporting history and should be kept. I often find things ive written that are funny now. It’s amusing to see when we called things right and even funnier when we didn’t.

We can’t delete Hamilton’s reign or “move over” getting dicked by Colchester; leave it open warts’n’all!!!![/quote]
Seriously, it would be good if everything could be kept. Leaving aside the amusement/embarrassment of seeing old views (including one''s own[:$]) the past is often relevant to the present, and issues come round again.

My spectrum 48k needs upgrading......''I just love playing "Horace goes Skiing".......Oh, will those posters who''ve were banned be allowed back on here when the upgrade is sorted?......

WTF.....who''ve were......? Bugga, rubber buttons on me 48k nowt but trubble.....an itAIN''T GOT sperlchucker.....

If we''re talking 48k games - Attic Attac for me. Though the number of times I''ve downloaded an emulator to try to play through School Daze (and realized 10 minutes later how bad and dated it was)

I used to enjoy playing [url=http://www.bigredswitch.co.uk/games/mm/mm-pre-dis.html]Manic Miner[/url].

Scrap the sub groups so all posts are together in one forum. Most of the interesting stuff on here has got nothing to do with Norwich City!

That''s because their is absolutely nothing at CR to get excited about.

The boring football dished up last season has depressed most fans

“Oh, will those posters who''ve were banned be allowed back on here when the upgrade is sorted?”

Nice idea, start again with a clean slate

I imagine that those who were banned have been able to create new acconts and return should they so wish.

[quote user="Van wink"]I imagine that those who were banned have been able to create new acconts and return should they so wish.
[/quote]
Some have been saying they don''t even bother to read the Pink Un anymore but just cannot help mentioning posts or posters elsewhere.

1. The edit button - agree, but it should say that

an edit has been made and when. I wouldn''t put it past some posters to

change what they said completely!
2. Get rid of the sub-forums. If people aren''t interested the posts will disappear. It''s good that City fans can talk about things beyond just the football team - a community united by one factor, NCFC, but with a wide range of disparate views.3. I don''t know what causes it but at times we all seem to have fallen victim to the html when quoting others, which makes some posts unreadable!

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]“Oh, will those posters who''ve were banned be allowed back on here when the upgrade is sorted?”
Nice idea, start again with a clean slate[/quote]
Those who were given multiple chances to improve the way they post, yet pushed it to the point of expulsion have no-one to blame but themselves.  This place has had a much better atmosphere for the last year or so for a good reason, so why risk making it worse again? 

I think that losing the post count would be absolutely great! It would stop people from thinking that they own this gosh darn forum!

A weekly poll button on whether Delia should go or stay.

After all, Delia underlies virtually everything on this forum.