Sign in to follow this  
ec-p

Olsson signs for Swansea!!

Shame but at least he signed a new deal that ensures some extra money for us. Weird to have sent Toffolo away on loan now though.

Graeme Bailey (think he writes for some of the papers) is claiming we''re looking to offload quite a few high earners- mentioned Bassong, Ruddy and Naismith as potential outs.

Ouch didn''t expect or want Olsson to leave. I thought the squad needed rebalancing but not in that position with Brady looking likely to go aswell.

Devastated.

So we now have to play either Whittaker at LB, keep Brady & play him at left back or sign a LB...

5mil? Seems cheap for an international left back in the modern climate?

Does seem a strange one considering the interest in Brady for higher amounts.

Can''t see us relying on Toffolo or Whits so putting 2 and 2 together to make five either we''re keeping Brady or in the market for a new left back.

Good price for him, and so the squad rebuilding begins.

Cant see us not buying / loaning another lb, esp if brady goes as expected.

Does that give the board the £2m they need to allow regime change ;-)

It''s not confirmed yet but has been clear for a while that Olsson sees himself as a premier league player (and he is probably one of the few in the team who actually is!)

Disappointing BUT surely we have a replacement lined up or we would have to keep Brady.

Personally, I''d be happier to see Brady leave than Olsson especially given would be for far higher than this.

Great shame. One of the best players at the Club. Signals an intent , but quite waht isn''t clear . Outstanding last few home games .

[quote user="The Unsullied "]What a shambles of a club we have become

I wish we were Brighton[/quote]

Really? - you moaned about Hughton and the pritchard poaching incident would have pushed you over the edge.

Or is that extra piece of scampi all important?

6/10 player every week in the PL which for a club like us is great. Unfortunately he only ever pulls out 6/10''s in the Championship every game as well. One of those players just not entirely suited to this league for whatever reason.

To be honest with him recently signing a new contract and it being January I''m really just disappointed it''s not more. Good player, not crucial to us but we can afford to lose him imo as long as we find a half decent replacement (Not holding my breath)

Maybe £5m hits the buyout clause in his new contract? Still, its only rumour from a journalist at the Telegraph, picked up and now stated as ''fact'' on social media. I''ll wait until I hear it from an official source.

seems quite cheap for a international

it would not surprise me if his agent has been working on this to get him back on to the PL

i don''t mind as long as we buy a younger LB

no loans as this just uses up the money we receive

I think we all agree the squad rebuilding needs to start at the back, as we are letting in too many soft goals. Maybe a couple more leaving and the same amount joining 

£2m short.

International at his peak. Swansea have done well.

It gets weirder and weirder.

Can Toffolo be recalled?

Have we a cheaper alternative lined up?

Will Whittaker play there now?

If true quite odd on Olsson''s front, surely a sideways move if Swansea get relegated. I suppose he can join his old team mate, the master of relegation, Mr Leroy Fer.

I do hope we have alternatives lined up but I''m sure things will work themselves out somehow.

Swansea''s regular LB has just been injured and is having surgery on a cheekbone. This suggests the Olsson deal could be right and has come out of the blue hence letting Toffolo return to Scunthorpe.

Now we need a new LB as surely we are not going to play half a season with Whiitaker at LB.

To be fair, £5 mill is a great price for Swansea considering:

1) Olsson is just about Premier League quality

2) It''s January

3) He''d just signed a new deal.

Hopefully we''ll hear over the next couple of days that with addons like Swans staying up the fee could rise to £7-£8m

Olsson has been fairly open in his desire to leave , his agent accused the Club of reneging on a promise when we went down last season. West Ham came in for him when we went down under Adams too - he was keen to join back up with Allardyce by all accounts.

What worries me most is we have a really tricky January that will make or break our season. If we have sold players (Olsson) and unsettled players (Brady) it doesn''t bode well for the next few crucial games. We really do need some immediate replacements to hit the ground running or we can kiss January good bye. We could be well and truly out (or in) the scrap for the play offs by the end of the month. Looking at the fixtures, its a crucial month.

I know this is a bit of a radical idea, but do you think that , possibly, we have someone lined up to sign, as a LB, to take his place, and the talk about money in before money goes out, MIGHT have a part in this?