Sign in to follow this  
ncfc fan

If we get relegated Alex Neil needs to be sacked

ok i will try harder !

i do not think he gets players to over perform throughout the season

something a club our size needs

i personal think he is in the same bracket of a hughton will get you up from the championship but once he gets there not quite good enough

;-)

[quote user="norfolkngood"]ok i will try harder !

i do not think he gets players to over perform throughout the season

something a club our size needs

i personal think he is in the same bracket of a hughton will get you up from the championship but once he gets there not quite good enough

;-)[/quote]But the guy is only 34 years old! He has had one season in the Premier League, with the lowest wage structure, the least wealthy owners and nearly a month less to prepare than the other promoted clubs. Yeah he has made a lot of mistakes, but we learn more from our mistakes than our successes. Hughton was an experienced coach and manager with a track record of immediate impact followed by second-season stagnation.I say give Neil until Christmas if we go down, and see where we are after a full two-year cycle. If we''re outside the play-offs then we''re back where we were when Adams left, and maybe it''d be time to roll the dice. Until then, let him learn and get behind him!

With the money on offer for being in the Premier League I don''t think AN can be given leeway just because he''s young and inexperienced.

What he is doing can make a huge difference to the club in the short, medium and long term.

He''s either the best man for the job at hand or he isn''t.

What if Hull fail to win the play-offs? Then keeping Steve Bruce will have failed. If Hull don''t go up this season they could lose one or two players and stay in the championship for even longer. Keeping managers who have got relegated from the premier league doesn''t always work.

Nigel Worthington is a classic example of a manager who got us promoted from the championship - took us into the premier league for one season and then failed to get us promoted from the championship - was sacked early in our first season back in the championship because he was doing such a crap job. Keeping Worthington after we got relegated didn''t work did it!!!

When will people realise that you cant express negative opinions of Neil on here? Are people that stupid to keep on coming on here and expressing their disappointment?

Yes we will probably go down, and next season will be a massive gamble with Neil. But his terrible stats this season are a one off. He is the best manager in the Champ, so FFS, just ignore his horrific record this season. It honestly doesn''t matter after we go down.

FFS. Unbelievable ugly posting on this forum.

Alright if Alex Neill is such a good manager then why are we in the relegation zone? Why did he play Howson on the right in games? Why did he pick Jerome against Swansea when it was so obvious Jerome wouldn''t score? Why did he keep putting Brady at left back - lots of fans could see Brady''s best position is left wing. It''s only recently AN has been using Brady as a left winger.

Why does AN keep picking Naismith whose performances have been so poor? Why does he keep leaving Redmond & Hoolahan our most creative midfielders on the bench? Why did he sign Patrick Bamford who hasn''t scored? Why did AN sell Johnson - who scored so many goals for us last season? Why did he sell Hooper - who is ten times better than Jerome & Bamford. Why AN didn''t sign three decent defenders in the summer? Why did he sign Wisdom who has hardly played? We wasted money paying Wisdom''s wages and he has hardly played.

So it appears that when you analyse a lot of AN''s poor decison making that he isn''t a very good manager. If Alex Neill gets Norwich relegated he has done a very bad job and of course the players have let him down by not performing in a lot of games.

Dont think he should be sacked I am sure he has learnt a lot since being in this league, yes hes made mistakes but so has the players!! We have also missed out on buying players like Afobe. I still think we should stick with AN for a while longer.

I think Alex deserves, and will get, at least next season. If we were relegated the chances of coming straight back depend on how many of the current squad leave. We may be left with a massive re-building job to do over the summer after losing some of our better players.

A lot of the squad know what it takes to get promoted, and I hope they would stay for another year.

Regarding Steve Bruce''s position at Hull that is a completely different situation to what we have here. Steve Bruce played at the highest level learnt from probably the best manager ever also has good coaching staff.

We have an inexperienced Manager and one who coached at Lowestoft Town and The Pie Man from Hamilton,

Neil shouldn''t be sacked. We are currently over achieving. Despite being the last club to join the league and in possession of the smallest wallet two sides sit beneath us and another, with an ex England striker, is tied on points.

He''s no Lambert (yet?) but he''s worth sticking with come what may.

its not all about how much money you spend

leicester have a team costing approx 33 million and are a title winning team

where newcastle have blown millions and are below us

this is where AN has feel short for me a good manager can gel a team and get them playing above their ability

improve players with the help of his coaches ,

i just dont see this in our team alot of players infact have gone backwards instead of improving

How much better do you expect them to get ? Should Ruddy be the best keeper in the country by now ? Should they have improved Mbokani to the point that he should have scored 20 goals ? The players only have a limited amount of ability which is why they play for us, if you could make them world beaters purely from coaching then everyone would be playing like Real Madrid

There is NO WAY Neil won''t be here next season.

With 4 games left we are only in the drop zone on goal difference.

Hull and Burnley have continued to succeed by keeping their manager post relegation.

Neil guided a floundering squad to promotion last season. He can do so again.

He''ll be here.

For how long and whether he should are different questions. But due to this fact I think we should all just back him and his staff to the hilt ... we only self harm by doing otherwise - leave that to our enemies.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Neil guided a floundering squad to promotion last season.[/quote]Yeah right, ''floundering all the way down the table in 7th just outside the play offs [:)][;)]

As they won 17 / 25 after he took over and they still missed out on automatic promotion I think you can judge them to have been floundering. Why else would Adams have been dismissed?

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Neil shouldn''t be sacked. We are currently over achieving. [/quote]

I cannot fathom how someone could come to the conclusion that 0.89 points per game is "over achieving". What low standards you set in life.

The succession of managerial mis-appointments after the previous two promotion managers should be enough to suggest that it should be wise to beware of what you wish for.

After Worthington was sacked we ultimately ended up in League One, and I shudder at the thought of the Roeder/Grant years.

Lambert was exceptional, and we lost him because of this, whilst Hughton did well to keep us up in his first season but he would likely have relegated us if given the opportunity at the end of the second. Poor old Neil Adams'' spell speaks for it''s self.

In fact you could also go back to the loss of Mike Walker and the subsequent managerial baddies that followed before Worthy ultimately got us back up, albeit briefly.

AN has clearly made mistakes and possibly a bit too much over-reactive on occasions, but neither has he had, IMO, the fairest of winds at times.

I believe he has shown more than enough good attributes to warrant the first stab at getting us up.

I, personally, would not fancy another round of the hit and miss nature of the managerial appointment game just yet and besides stability is valuable, not least because of continuity of the managerial hierarchy to the youth development programme and especially to the likes of Madison, Thompson, McGrandles and the others who have been signed later.

Sacking managers and their teams is also expensive.

Sacking AN makes no sense, neiteher now nor in case of relegation - just be a knee-jerk reaction. He clearly did not lose the dressing room, he DID get us promoted last season. Why not let him have a crack? The issue should only be raised if we are below par next December.

AN will be sacked but I suspect we will have to wait until Christmas before he goes.

He lost it for me by his complete lack of professionalism and maturity given mounting pressure from fans over a series of no shows and difficult to justify team selections.

His downfall started in the summer when the vast majority of fans could see we did not have enough strength in depth at the back. After the final I would have been straight round Boro s door and made sure to get Ayela if not someone similar talent.

Since the Newcastle away game his confidence has been shot, he has been over coaching good players and not letting them play as they did at start of season.

my biggest concern next season wouldnt be whether Alex Neil would have the appetite for another promotion push.....but whther a group of players who have been relegated twice in three years would have the motivation to go again.

The balance of our team next season between a mix of old and new will be key....

[quote user="0"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Neil shouldn''t be sacked. We are currently over achieving. [/quote]

I cannot fathom how someone could come to the conclusion that 0.89 points per game is "over achieving". What low standards you set in life.[/quote]

I''m simply stating the fact that it was always going to be a huge challenge to survive. At the start of the season, considering our comparable squad quality and financial muscle I saw us competing with Watford, Bournemouth and Leicester for survival ... and maybe Villa. I underestimated the advantage that Watford''s ownership network and Bournemouth''s long term team building would make and we all know what happened to Leicester!

Competing with Newcastle and Sunderland is a tough ask. How many of our players would Benitez and Sam snap up if they had the choice? How many of theirs would be an upgrade on what we have?

There are very few managers out there that could have kept us comfortably above the drop zone ... and they wouldn''t touch us with a barge pole.

We will (probably!) go down because we have a very good Championship squad rather than an adequate Premiership one. This isn''t Neil''s fault. It is to his credit that, with 3 left to play, we could yet survive.

Let''s give him 5 years to build something special.

I just haven''t really seen anything from AN to suggest he would do any better in the Prem next time around.

He''s got a bottom end Prem squad but where Hughton and Lambert could steer us into midtable, with arguably weaker squads, he hasn''t been able to.

Hughton had 1 more point from less games when he got sacked and he had us 5 points clear of the drop zone.

Hard to see why AN deseves to be cut as much slack as what he is.

Norwich always take the cheap option and we got lucky with the genesis that was Paul Lambert. It always annoys me how Robert Chase got stick for not doing the necessary to keep the likes of Walker and O''Neill, but somehow our board came up smelling of roses when Paul Lambert left. He would of stayed if he had of been treated with respect that the man deserved after getting us promoted and comfortably keeping on up on a derisory budget.

I suspect the board will keep Neill, but that doesn''t mean he will stay...

Another question is this - Is it worth keeping a manager who can get you promoted, but hasn''t got what it takes to keeping the club up once you reach the top tier? This is not exactly helped by a board that still doesn''t spend the necessary to keep the club, so is there an end point to this?

[quote user="GJP"]I just haven''t really seen anything from AN to suggest he would do any better in the Prem next time around.

He''s got a bottom end Prem squad but where Hughton and Lambert could steer us into midtable, with arguably weaker squads, he hasn''t been able to.

Hughton had 1 more point from less games when he got sacked and he had us 5 points clear of the drop zone.

Hard to see why AN deseves to be cut as much slack as what he is.[/quote]

I have to disagree. Hughton was woeful once Lambert''s legacy had faded away. We were shocking from Christmas of his first season.

That''s pretty much true, after that fantastic 10 game unbeaten run, Hughton was utterly useless, his football was terrible and should have gone in January.

AN has to stay in my opinion unless the club could attract a step up in class in the manager.

I''m no great lover of AN but he''s done enough just to carry on, but I can see how others would question his worth, three games to go, lose all three in the manner of Palace or Sunderland performance and he could be under pressure again.

My concern should we be relagated is his poor recruitment, the loss of the better players and would what we have left be good enough to build a promotion team around?

If we did lose, Klose, Brady, Redders, Tettey, Howson with Mbokani heading back can we rely on Martin, Bassong, Whitts, Mulumbu, Dorrans, Jarvis etc. to build around?

So no AN has to stay, but it''ll be an interesting summer whatever division we are in.