Sign in to follow this  
ncfc fan

If we get relegated Alex Neil needs to be sacked

[quote user="GJP"]Yet his record was better than AN''s.[/quote]

Different contexts.

I have little doubt that had Neil inherited the vibrant and free scoring unit that Hughton did he would have done even better.

At least under Neil we weren''t dead and buried with 5 left to play ... and anyone who thinks that CH would have got the necessary points out of Fulham a, Liverpool h, Manu a, Chelsea a and Arsenal h has an extremely selective memory about how dire we were that season.

Alex Neill will build something special? What utter rubbish!! I can see Alex Neill possibly building a team that can get us promoted. But I don''t believe he can build a team that can stay in the premier league. His signings have been poor. Mbokani has scored 5 goals but that is not good enough for a premier league striker. He brought Bamford but he hasn''t contributed with any goals - big fat zero. He wasted £8 million on Naismith on who has only scored 1 goal.

He signed Wisdom - he isn''t any better than Whittaker - both are awful at defending. Wasted money on paying Wisdom''s wages and he has hardly played. He signed Pinto - not convinced he is any better than Whittaker or Russell Martin. Klose is the only decent player he signed - he could defended well & organised our defence in the games when we drawed with Man City & beat West Brom & Newcastle.

Klose is the only player who has improved Norwich''s defence. The rest of the players who he signed have contributed to us getting relegated. Brady has been average - got 5 assists & 2 goals - perhaps should have contributed with more assists & goals. Matt Jarvis has been poor only 2 assists & 1 goal - doesn''t create & score enough goals & get enough assists.

He might get Norwich promoted next season - but that depends on how much of the squad stays together. We need to keep players like Brady & Redmond and if they leave make sure we sign suitable replacements.

So when you look at the team Alex Neill built this season - his signings have been poor it looks like he wasted money on average players that have got us relegated. He will only be a good championship manager with Norwich. But I can''t seeing him making us into an established premier league side.

Players like Brady isn''t good enough to play in the premier league. He has now been relegated with Norwich & Hull. Bassong & Martin & Whittaker & Redmond & Ruddy all players that can only perform well consistently in the championship - none of those players can handle premier football.

They have been relegated for the second time in 2 years. Mathematically we can still stay up - but our season is over already even though we have 3 games left.

I knew Hughton''s time was up and I didn''t care for his playing style.

But I''m not going to stick my head in the sand and pretend AN has shown more than he has. He hasn''t been able to get it right at the back or upfront but he has been afforded plenty of excuses.

[quote user="GJP"]I knew Hughton''s time was up and I didn''t care for his playing style.

But I''m not going to stick my head in the sand and pretend AN has shown more than he has. He hasn''t been able to get it right at the back or upfront but he has been afforded plenty of excuses.[/quote]

The difference is Hughton was backed and backed heavily. It is difficult to judge AN based on the fact he''s been dealing with a much tighter budget. I''d be interested to know if this came from him not wanting to sign players or the board/scouting department not doing their job.

I would urge everyone to look at Burnley FC, and Sean Dyche, who took them down last season and will take them up this season.
I would back AN to do the same.
I want to keep him as our manager.

Sean Dyche is a bang average manager. He has got Burnley promoted from the championship in 2013-2014. He failed to keep Burnley in the premier league in 2014-15. This season will 2015-16 will be his second promotion.

Can''t see Sean Dyche keeping Burnley in the premier league in 2016-17 - will go straight down again - we will find out if he has learnt from his mistakes when he Burnley play in premier league 2016-17. Sean Dyche can build good championship side - but don''t think he can build a Burnley team that can stay up.

He was out of his depth in PL that''s why he got Burnley got relegated. Burnley won''t establish themselves as a PL team with Sean Dyche in charge - they will be a small yo-yo club that goes up and down while he stays there.

[quote user="craigbrown2015"]Sean Dyche is a bang average manager. He has got Burnley promoted from the championship in 2013-2014. He failed to keep Burnley in the premier league in 2014-15. This season will 2015-16 will be his second promotion.

Can''t see Sean Dyche keeping Burnley in the premier league in 2016-17 - will go straight down again - we will find out if he has learnt from his mistakes when he Burnley play in premier league 2016-17. Sean Dyche can build good championship side - but don''t think he can build a Burnley team that can stay up.

He was out of his depth in PL that''s why he got Burnley got relegated. Burnley won''t establish themselves as a PL team with Sean Dyche in charge - they will be a small yo-yo club that goes up and down while he stays there.[/quote]
Could you please provide some managerial names who could achieve what Dyche and Neil are lacking, factoring in a restricted budget and wage structure?  I am interested in who you would recommend as better than "bang average".

[quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="craigbrown2015"]Sean Dyche is a bang average manager. He has got Burnley promoted from the championship in 2013-2014. He failed to keep Burnley in the premier league in 2014-15. This season will 2015-16 will be his second promotion.

He was out of his depth in PL that''s why he got Burnley got relegated. Burnley won''t establish themselves as a PL team with Sean Dyche in charge - they will be a small yo-yo club that goes up and down while he stays there.[/quote]
Could you please provide some managerial names who could achieve what Dyche and Neil are lacking, factoring in a restricted budget and wage structure?  I am interested in who you would recommend as better than "bang average".
[/quote]
Well, given you''ve gone quiet, let''s throw this open to the wider Pink Un community.
Credible managers to replace Alex Neil please, or indeed to replace Sean Dyche if you would prefer.

Fairly standard behaviour for this forum though Bor. People are very quick to criticise and throw muck, but actually totally clueless when it comes to how to improve things.

Alex Neil''s win record in the Championship is nearly 70%.

listening to the radio this morning Watford are looking to replace their manager in the summer and in recent years / seasons everytime they have the league position has improved

and thats a team who have done well this year !!

if we go down we should not reward failure !

Is that Dundee/Craig Brown having been released from whatever secure establishment he resided in for a while?

Apples

Chris Hughton seems to be doing well at the moment? Maybe we could poach him if Brighton don''t go up?

too late now and i think he will be given the chance up until Christmas next season. If we are top 6 then as you were if not then he will be a gonner. If we get promoted and it is an if then how about sacking him then as there are far better and more experienced managers out there

I think if we were going for a Neville I would rather go with Phil. Highly regarded as a coach I believe, and no big ego.

Any replacement would be a gamble, Michael Appleton has had mixed reviews wherever he he has been but has done well at Oxford. Lee Johnson has done well at Bristol City as well.

I wouldn''t swap Alex or Dyche for any of them, but they are possible options in the future if our manager left.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="craigbrown2015"]Sean Dyche is a bang average manager. He has got Burnley promoted from the championship in 2013-2014. He failed to keep Burnley in the premier league in 2014-15. This season will 2015-16 will be his second promotion.

[/quote]
Well, given you''ve gone quiet, let''s throw this open to the wider Pink Un community.
Credible managers to replace Alex Neil please, or indeed to replace Sean Dyche if you would prefer.
[/quote]

Why don''t you start us off then??? [:^)]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="craigbrown2015"]Sean Dyche is a bang average manager. He has got Burnley promoted from the championship in 2013-2014. He failed to keep Burnley in the premier league in 2014-15. This season will 2015-16 will be his second promotion.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Why don''t you start us off then??? [:^)][/quote]
As previously posted, I want us to keep Alex Neil.  The "outers" will have to do their own homework, I''m afraid.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]too late now and i think he will be given the chance up until Christmas next season. If we are top 6 then as you were if not then he will be a gonner. If we get promoted and it is an if then how about sacking him then as there are far better and more experienced managers out there[/quote]
And yet here we all are, waiting for just one or two credible names......

[quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="craigbrown2015"]Sean Dyche is a bang average manager. He has got Burnley promoted from the championship in 2013-2014. He failed to keep Burnley in the premier league in 2014-15. This season will 2015-16 will be his second promotion.

[/quote]
[/quote]

As previously posted, I want us to keep Alex Neil.  The "outers" will have to do their own homework, I''m afraid.
[/quote]

So you believe there is nobody better?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="craigbrown2015"]Sean Dyche is a bang average manager. He has got Burnley promoted from the championship in 2013-2014. He failed to keep Burnley in the premier league in 2014-15. This season will 2015-16 will be his second promotion.

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

So you believe there is nobody better?[/quote]
"Better" can only be defined by results. There are more experienced managers out there, of course.  That isn''t the same as "better".
I don''t think AN has underperformed sufficiently to deserve the sack, and I would like him to stay as I believe he is best placed to get us back to the PL as Sean Dyche is currently minutes away from doing with Burnley - IF he wants to stay.
He has kept the team spirit up and kept the team cohesive and playing for each other, barring a couple of horror shows e.g. Villa away.
Did you have any names in mind?

If we get relegated next season, I think we probably need a manager who meets the following criteria:

a) Has managed in the Championship before.

b) Has gained promotion from the Championship before.

c) Has a high win percentage in the Championship (+60%)

d) Has Premiership experience.

e) Wants to be at NCFC and in our financial bracket.

Anyone know who would tick all those boxes?

The thing about Dyche though is that he has always stuck to what he thinks is the best way forward and tried to keep with the same core group of players.

AN had that when we got promoted but has chopped and change ever since.

Regardless of the higher standard of league we are in do we look a better side than we did a year ago? No.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Incontrivertible proof there then, that AN will get us promoted and be a long term success.  [:|][/quote]Can you prove that he won''t?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Incontrivertible proof there then, that AN will get us promoted and be a long term success.  [:|][/quote]Can you prove that he won''t?[/quote]How can what Sean Dyche and Burnley do be in any way used as evidence to show that AN will be a success at Norwich?Along this line of argument (comparing managers) and a genuine question and one which I have not researched.  How many managers have overseen a relegation from the top flight, stayed with the same club, got them promoted and kept them in the top flight for say 3 seasons?

To go with the investors and centre backs there must be ''dozens'' of managers, it''s just up to those in the know to inform the club. [;)]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Incontrivertible proof there then, that AN will get us promoted and be a long term success.  [:|][/quote]Can you prove that he won''t?[/quote]How can what Sean Dyche and Burnley do be in any way used as evidence to show that AN will be a success at Norwich?Along this line of argument (comparing managers) and a genuine question and one which I have not researched.  How many managers have overseen a relegation from the top flight, stayed with the same club, got them promoted and kept them in the top flight for say 3 seasons?[/quote]It proves nothing, but disproves nothing either.But actual statistics prove that changing managers doesn''t guarantee success.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Incontrivertible proof there then, that AN will get us promoted and be a long term success.  [:|][/quote]Can you prove that he won''t?[/quote]How can what Sean Dyche and Burnley do be in any way used as evidence to show that AN will be a success at Norwich?Along this line of argument (comparing managers) and a genuine question and one which I have not researched.  How many managers have overseen a relegation from the top flight, stayed with the same club, got them promoted and kept them in the top flight for say 3 seasons?[/quote]It proves nothing, but disproves nothing either.But actual statistics prove that changing managers doesn''t guarantee success. [/quote]Nothing in football is guaranteed.  You''d have to be an absolute idiot to believe that you''d be GUARANTEED anything either way, whether you kept AN or not.