Sign in to follow this  
ncfc fan

If we get relegated Alex Neil needs to be sacked

[quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Incontrivertible proof there then, that AN will get us promoted and be a long term success.  [:|][/quote]Can you prove that he won''t?[/quote]How can what Sean Dyche and Burnley do be in any way used as evidence to show that AN will be a success at Norwich?[/quote]
It can''t.  The point is that here is a relatively rare case of a club sticking with their manager after relegation and coming back up as a result.
Team spirit and morale under AN seems decent. Generally speaking we try to play decent football in the Norwich tradition.
Keeping him is less of a gamble than sacking him.
It sounds like you want someone to give you a hug and tell you it''s all going to be okay, but that''s your lookout.  You are still to offer any alternative suggestions, by the way.  Will you duck another of my requests to name some names?
[/quote]Yes a rare instance.Ironically we have tried to play decent football in the Norwich tradition against the so called better teams.  We certainly haven''t suffered the thrashings that we did against the big clubs in our previous spell in the PL.  Where we have struggled and not played in the Norwich tradition (if there is indeed one) is against the weaker teams, defeats, lack of goals, lack of / poor game plan or in some cases just not turning up at all (Watford, Bournemouth).  Sans Newcastle at home we have struggled against such teams, struggled to break them down.  Keeping him is more of a gamble than sacking him.If anyone needs a hug it''s you.  I want the best for my club.You want a fan to name AN''s successor?  [:^)][/quote]
I would merely like you to give some suggestions or plausible candidates because "anyone but Neil" is weak beyond belief.  And once I again I notice you have failed to come up with a single candidate.
I also disagree with your logic in throwing out a manager with an excellent Championship record and a good team spirit in favour of the unknown.
[/quote]As weak as an ''anyone but AN'' argument might be, equally as weak, would be a standpoint of  ''unless a fan can name a better, realistic replacement, then that proves AN is the best man for the job'' argument is.Especially given that, this question is coming from those with the belief that AN is the best man for the job, so one would assume that they have therefore thought of who might be a realistic option, to come to have come to their conclusion.  Myself and others could list 20, 30, 40 50, managers, but you are highly unlikely to agree that any of them would be a better option than AN given your standpoint.By posing such a question what you have tried to do is to create an impossible situation on the side of those who would get rid of AN.  If people don''t answer, then you would argue that this proves that they can''t name anyone and therefore AN is the best man for the job.  If they do give names, they would be shot down as either being not good enough or unrealistic.  As Indy quite rightly says - "But we''ve not got a say in the matter, it might be the board have

someone else lined up, they might not be happy getting relegated and

expected AN to keep us up...."How many were singing the virtues of Alex Neil, the man who you now believe is the best man for the job, before we appointed him?  Had Alex Neil been named as realistic and good replacement for Hughton/Adams, what response would that have got???[/quote]
You are missing the point, massively so.
I want Alex Neil to stay.  You don''t, and yet you can''t tell me a suitable candidate you think we could replace him with.  So your argument is "Anyone but Neil", and you are trusting the board & selection panel to pick a better manager.  I''m not sure of your overall record re pro/anti-board, but I would suggest you doubt they are 100% right all the time.  So you want to get rid of a successful Championship manager and trust the board & selection panel to get someone "better".
I say we should stick, you say we should twist. I roughly know what we''re getting by sticking as I see the team spirit and camaraderie in the current squad and think we will strengthen further in the summer.  
While I''m sure it''s well intentioned, you have no idea what your option would lead to.
[/quote]You''re saying exactly the points that I was saying you would.What, the very board who appointed Alex Neil!  You''d rather that I named a replacement than the board who appointed Alex Neil did. [;)]Whether I name, or don''t name a possible replacement for AN, has no bearing on the reality of whether there is indeed a better option than AN as manager.  AGAIN how many people named Alex Neil as agood and suitable replacement for Adams?  And what would have been the response on here had they done so?  [;)]It''s you who is massively missing the point, or more likely deliberately so  [;)]Try and enjoy your evening fellas. [Y]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Incontrivertible proof there then, that AN will get us promoted and be a long term success.  [:|][/quote]Can you prove that he won''t?[/quote]How can what Sean Dyche and Burnley do be in any way used as evidence to show that AN will be a success at Norwich?[/quote]
It can''t.  The point is that here is a relatively rare case of a club sticking with their manager after relegation and coming back up as a result.
Team spirit and morale under AN seems decent. Generally speaking we try to play decent football in the Norwich tradition.
Keeping him is less of a gamble than sacking him.
It sounds like you want someone to give you a hug and tell you it''s all going to be okay, but that''s your lookout.  You are still to offer any alternative suggestions, by the way.  Will you duck another of my requests to name some names?
[/quote]Yes a rare instance.Ironically we have tried to play decent football in the Norwich tradition against the so called better teams.  We certainly haven''t suffered the thrashings that we did against the big clubs in our previous spell in the PL.  Where we have struggled and not played in the Norwich tradition (if there is indeed one) is against the weaker teams, defeats, lack of goals, lack of / poor game plan or in some cases just not turning up at all (Watford, Bournemouth).  Sans Newcastle at home we have struggled against such teams, struggled to break them down.  Keeping him is more of a gamble than sacking him.If anyone needs a hug it''s you.  I want the best for my club.You want a fan to name AN''s successor?  [:^)][/quote]
I would merely like you to give some suggestions or plausible candidates because "anyone but Neil" is weak beyond belief.  And once I again I notice you have failed to come up with a single candidate.
I also disagree with your logic in throwing out a manager with an excellent Championship record and a good team spirit in favour of the unknown.
[/quote]As weak as an ''anyone but AN'' argument might be, equally as weak, would be a standpoint of  ''unless a fan can name a better, realistic replacement, then that proves AN is the best man for the job'' argument is.Especially given that, this question is coming from those with the belief that AN is the best man for the job, so one would assume that they have therefore thought of who might be a realistic option, to come to have come to their conclusion.  Myself and others could list 20, 30, 40 50, managers, but you are highly unlikely to agree that any of them would be a better option than AN given your standpoint.By posing such a question what you have tried to do is to create an impossible situation on the side of those who would get rid of AN.  If people don''t answer, then you would argue that this proves that they can''t name anyone and therefore AN is the best man for the job.  If they do give names, they would be shot down as either being not good enough or unrealistic.  As Indy quite rightly says - "But we''ve not got a say in the matter, it might be the board have

someone else lined up, they might not be happy getting relegated and

expected AN to keep us up...."How many were singing the virtues of Alex Neil, the man who you now believe is the best man for the job, before we appointed him?  Had Alex Neil been named as realistic and good replacement for Hughton/Adams, what response would that have got???[/quote]
You are missing the point, massively so.
I want Alex Neil to stay.  You don''t, and yet you can''t tell me a suitable candidate you think we could replace him with.  So your argument is "Anyone but Neil", and you are trusting the board & selection panel to pick a better manager.  I''m not sure of your overall record re pro/anti-board, but I would suggest you doubt they are 100% right all the time.  So you want to get rid of a successful Championship manager and trust the board & selection panel to get someone "better".
I say we should stick, you say we should twist. I roughly know what we''re getting by sticking as I see the team spirit and camaraderie in the current squad and think we will strengthen further in the summer.  
While I''m sure it''s well intentioned, you have no idea what your option would lead to.
[/quote]You''re saying exactly the points that I was saying you would.What, the very board who appointed Alex Neil!  You''d rather that I named a replacement than the board who appointed Alex Neil did. [;)]Whether I name, or don''t name a possible replacement for AN, has no bearing on the reality of whether there is indeed a better option than AN as manager.  AGAIN how many people named Alex Neil as agood and suitable replacement for Adams?  And what would have been the response on here had they done so?  [;)]It''s you who is massively missing the point, or more likely deliberately so  [;)]Try and enjoy your evening fellas. [Y][/quote]
I have literally no idea of what your point is any more.  I think you are just arguing for the sake of it.
I think AN is our best manager.
You are free to disagree.
Time, and the multiverse, will tell, I guess.

i would go for Flores IF sacked from watford

i would also love D Moyes here he bought mostly cheaper players and brought alot of youth through at everton and built a real TEAM

since then went wrong at man utd but still a very good manager for a club our size

Here''s a slightly different question: has AN done a good, average, or poor job this season?

On the negative side he we look at times a very poor and ordinary side who pass the ball too slowly and have minimal creativity or pace. Our line up has been changing almost by the game meaning there has been little continuity. Substitutions have sometimes been strange and seem to have had little impact on the games. Some players seem to get frozen out. Some signings seem to have been needless or ill judged. The failure to address the CBs positions other than Klose has been a major mistake. I don''t believe any of our players have actually improved under current management.

On the positive side we have often performed well against the better teams. We have, generally, looked reasonably solid in midfield when defending and have not been completely crushed by anyone. The team seems to have character. often playing much better when going behind.

For me, the club is reaping what it has sown- i.e. an inexperienced manager who was able to leverage the capability we knew existed in the squad under Adams on a short term basis, but who has not learnt his craft to the extent required to be successful in the PL. Sadly we do look a limited team and less than the sum of our parts. My fear is just how long Neil will take to adapt to "steady state" management in the Championship. There are some wily and grizzled characters managing teams in that division and a swift return is by no means guaranteed.

My view based on what I have seen on the pitch is that AN has underperformed by the benchmark of what a PL manager could be expected to do, or probably put more accurately performed according to what we could reasonably have expected from a very young player/manager at Hamilton.

Does that mean he should be sacked? Well that is a different question but one may logically draw a conclusion on my personal view of that. But in order to have an opinion on that issue one does not then need to have a view on any replacement. I see that as an entirely different issue and not inextricably linked to the first.

Neil''s biggest failing was the constant tinkering Leicester succeeded by doing the opposite

This end of season feels like the season we dropped to the 3rd tier an inevitability about it with little real fight on the pitch

Does feel like it needs a change to get out of the funk we have got ourselves into.

Not necessarily the Manager but new coaches, scouts etc

I agree with you re the tinkering, but I am not sure there is a lack of fight. If anything against Sunderland we had too much- we seemed to come out far too fired up and got them fired up too. they needed to win more than us and we didn''t need to be sparking pitch side brawls and going in heavy so often. It would have suited us for this to be a low key affair with us scraping a 1-0. But we looked so fizzed we seemed to lose our focus and discipline in a desperate attempt to force the game.

Aside from tinkering its the slow and pedestrian nature of our football which irks me- most successful sides these days use pace as a main weapon to exploit situations when defences cannot organise themselves. When we go forward the oppo seems to have all the time in the world, have a nice cuppa and then realign. Heavens, even Redmond seems to have been told to check back and rarely takes on his opposite number any more. No wonder our strikers are very rarely in good positions with space and some time.

Very well said Tumbleweed. Many good points and one of which I''d like to highlight is your final paragraph. No doubt Morty bor will claim they have no idea what point you are trying to make!

I don''t really know where I stand on sacking Neil at the moment (other than being hugely underwhelmed by his performance this season) but I would say one manager who stands out for me as a potential replacement if we do end up sacking him is Mark Warburton. Very impressive manager.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Very well said Tumbleweed. Many good points and one of which I''d like to highlight is your final paragraph. No doubt Morty bor will claim they have no idea what point you are trying to make![/quote]I fully understand his point. Because it wasn''t a petty, pathetic one designed to carry on an argument.[:)]

And before you post something about irony, putting yourself on some kind of moral pedestal.Well, just don''t.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]I agree with you re the tinkering, but I am not sure there is a lack of fight. If anything against Sunderland we had too much- we seemed to come out far too fired up and got them fired up too. they needed to win more than us and we didn''t need to be sparking pitch side brawls and going in heavy so often. It would have suited us for this to be a low key affair with us scraping a 1-0. But we looked so fizzed we seemed to lose our focus and discipline in a desperate attempt to force the game.

Aside from tinkering its the slow and pedestrian nature of our football which irks me- most successful sides these days use pace as a main weapon to exploit situations when defences cannot organise themselves. When we go forward the oppo seems to have all the time in the world, have a nice cuppa and then realign. Heavens, even Redmond seems to have been told to check back and rarely takes on his opposite number any more. No wonder our strikers are very rarely in good positions with space and some time.[/quote]

I agree with the tinkering point and I very much agree with your last paragraph. Regarding fight or lack of it, I agree to some extent and certainly more recently we have shown fight and desire. But we have also seen games where we have shown little and even had no shows in games where it was certainly not unrealistic to expect something from them.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Very well said Tumbleweed. Many good points and one of which I''d like to highlight is your final paragraph. No doubt Morty bor will claim they have no idea what point you are trying to make![/quote]I fully understand his point. Because it wasn''t a petty, pathetic one designed to carry on an argument.[:)][/quote]

So do you agree with his point? The same point that I was making but one which you claimed you couldn''t understand. And YOU talk about doing something to perpetuate an argument!

I have maintained my standpoint all the way through this thread and it was you and bor who tried to prolong it. It is obvious what my point of view is on this and it is also obvious why you claimed you couldn''t understand what my point was.

The forums chief argument seeker prolonging an argument, what? never! Then when backed in a corner claiming he didn''t understand and then being a silly boy.

Oh very much indeed the irony mortimer, son. Hypocritical? Possibly. A silly boy? Most definitely.

Try and enjoy your day.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Aside from tinkering its the slow and pedestrian nature of our football which irks me- most successful sides these days use pace as a main weapon to exploit situations when defences cannot organise themselves. When we go forward the oppo seems to have all the time in the world, have a nice cuppa and then realign. Heavens, even Redmond seems to have been told to check back and rarely takes on his opposite number any more. No wonder our strikers are very rarely in good positions with space and some time.[/quote]
If you were talking about Houghton''s reign, I''d agree.  I think that under Alex Neil our performances going forwards have generally been much more coherent and multi-dimensional than under Houghton''s management.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Tumbleweed"]I agree with you re the tinkering, but I am not sure there is a lack of fight. If anything against Sunderland we had too much- we seemed to come out far too fired up and got them fired up too. they needed to win more than us and we didn''t need to be sparking pitch side brawls and going in heavy so often. It would have suited us for this to be a low key affair with us scraping a 1-0. But we looked so fizzed we seemed to lose our focus and discipline in a desperate attempt to force the game.

Aside from tinkering its the slow and pedestrian nature of our football which irks me- most successful sides these days use pace as a main weapon to exploit situations when defences cannot organise themselves. When we go forward the oppo seems to have all the time in the world, have a nice cuppa and then realign. Heavens, even Redmond seems to have been told to check back and rarely takes on his opposite number any more. No wonder our strikers are very rarely in good positions with space and some time.[/quote]

I agree with the tinkering point and I very much agree with your last paragraph. Regarding fight or lack of it, I agree to some extent and certainly more recently we have shown fight and desire. But we have also seen games where we have shown little and even had no shows in games where it was certainly not unrealistic to expect something from them.[/quote]

What has absolutely killed us this season has been the lack of fight/game plan/tactics in a number of the games against our fellow bottom half sides.

One thing Lambert was brilliant at was getting results against our relegation rivals which led to several 6 point swings in our favour and kept them at arms length. In contrast, this season, we have gift wrapped 3 points to rivals and key moments in the season which has really harmed us.

When we went to Bournemouth, they were still right in the relegation struggle but we didn''t show up and they''ve never looked back since beating us.

Villa away looks more and more embarrassing with every game they lose subsequently (which is EVERY game by the way).

We went to Swansea with the ability to reel them in to the relegation fight but again in a strangely lacklustre performance let them take the three points (thanks mainly to their manager making some proactive subs which changed the momentum of the game in a way Neil NEVER does) which gave them a cushion. That gift has been particularly damaging because their subsequent relative safety then saw them go to Newcastle and surrender meakly thus handing the Geordies 3 points.

Palace away another. A team that has not beaten any other side in the league this calendar year (they even lost to Villa). The chance to pull them in but we don''t play Wes or Redmond and give them the three points as well. Again, us effectively handing them safety sees us hit with the double whammy as they go to Newcastle with nothing to play for and give the Geordies another three points. This game was as important (in fact probably more so) than the home game with Sunderland and yet treated a bit like "after the Lord Mayor''s show" by us.

Sunderland - not much more needs to be said. I don''t think there was any lack of effort and we were unlucky as well but a naivity about our play in a game that in hindsight was more "don''t get beat." than anything else.

That for me is why we will almost certainly go down. We perform well against the top sides but we have forgotten that if you can''t beat your relegation rivals (as lambert usually did and even Hughton did at home) then you "don''t get f****ng beat."

I think its interesting that you use the words "multi dimensional". I agree absolutely with the sense of what you are saying. Hughton was indeed very cautious and focussed on safety first. However my thought in recent games has sometimes been: is there a plan? What is out style of play? Who is going to run where and will anyone pick him out? Will the ball go long, short, sideways or back? Whatever happens though it seems to happen slowly. And my theory for that, and hence my interest in the phrase you picked, is we become "multi dimensional" because I am at times not sure there is one. Thus the players seem to not quite know what to do next, they look for something happening or a player to pass to and that takes time, hence allowing the opposition to regroup. Is this deliberate or not?

Using the most recent example against Sunderland, they knocked the ball long, straight or diagonally, to Defoe or Borini who ran into those spaces and trusted that it would come to them. Very simple, Cattermole marshalled anything in the middle from us but they rarely played on the ground through the centre themselves. That we still couldn''t deal with that one dimensional approach was disappointing, but I am not convinced that we knew what to do instinctively when we had the ball (as we did for 65% or so of the game I recall). So were we "multi dimensional" through design or confusion?! Hopefully the former but I worry that it is the latter.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Very well said Tumbleweed. Many good points and one of which I''d like to highlight is your final paragraph. No doubt Morty bor will claim they have no idea what point you are trying to make![/quote]I fully understand his point. Because it wasn''t a petty, pathetic one designed to carry on an argument.[:)][/quote]

So do you agree with his point? The same point that I was making but one which you claimed you couldn''t understand. And YOU talk about doing something to perpetuate an argument!

I have maintained my standpoint all the way through this thread and it was you and bor who tried to prolong it. It is obvious what my point of view is on this and it is also obvious why you claimed you couldn''t understand what my point was.

The forums chief argument seeker prolonging an argument, what? never! Then when backed in a corner claiming he didn''t understand and then being a silly boy.

Oh very much indeed the irony mortimer, son. Hypocritical? Possibly. A silly boy? Most definitely.

Try and enjoy your day.[/quote]Waaaaaah that morty and that Bor are arguing and ruining the forum.All their fault, it can''t be me.I suggest you check out hypocrisy in the dictionary fella, you may learn something.My point remains, its all so easy to criticise, the clever bit is proposing a solution.I hope you have a terrible day, and your next $hit is an angry hedgehog.[:)]

Alex Neil is 34 years old. He has already guided tiny (no disrespect) Hamilton into the Scottish Premier League and left them in a ridiculously high position.

Alex Neil took over Norwich, who looked as if they were destined to rot in the Championship for a few years. Nobody knew who he was. Yet he dragged us up, and gave some/most/all of us our best day ever, as Norwich fans.

Alex Neil was then (weirdly) not given much money or recruitment support by our club in the summer, in order for him to build a competitive squad at this level.

Alex Neil has made many mistakes this season, no doubt about it, he''s 34, he''s never managed in this league before, it was always going to happen, but as of the 3rd May 2016, Alex Neil and Norwich City can still survive in the Premier League. It may look unlikely, we may well go down, but we have a 34 year old manager who has already achieved so much already and will likely achieve so much in the future, and lots of you are willing to give that up for Paul Lambert? For Nigel Pearson? For Steve Bruce? Etc? I find that stunning. Stunningly short sighted, and quite telling too. Get back in your cots!

the age thing does not come into it either you are good enough or not 34 ,44,54 either he is a PL Manager or not

he has been given the job to prove he is good enough to manager in the premiership ,

Lambert when he got us up was a young manager who had never managed in the premiership i would say he did a lot better than the so called great AN

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]I think its interesting that you use the words "multi dimensional". I agree absolutely with the sense of what you are saying. Hughton was indeed very cautious and focussed on safety first. However my thought in recent games has sometimes been: is there a plan? What is out style of play? Who is going to run where and will anyone pick him out? Will the ball go long, short, sideways or back? Whatever happens though it seems to happen slowly. And my theory for that, and hence my interest in the phrase you picked, is we become "multi dimensional" because I am at times not sure there is one. Thus the players seem to not quite know what to do next, they look for something happening or a player to pass to and that takes time, hence allowing the opposition to regroup. Is this deliberate or not?

Using the most recent example against Sunderland, they knocked the ball long, straight or diagonally, to Defoe or Borini who ran into those spaces and trusted that it would come to them. Very simple, Cattermole marshalled anything in the middle from us but they rarely played on the ground through the centre themselves. That we still couldn''t deal with that one dimensional approach was disappointing, but I am not convinced that we knew what to do instinctively when we had the ball (as we did for 65% or so of the game I recall). So were we "multi dimensional" through design or confusion?! Hopefully the former but I worry that it is the latter.[/quote]
We created a high number of opportunities against Sunderland though, let''s not forget that.  I know the performance was not our best and the result flattered Sunderland a little, but we created the opportunities to win that game both from the flanks and through the middle, and from dead ball situations.
I think we have played worse at home than against Sunderland, and yet we lost 0-3.
I would imagine the cautious pace we sometimes attack is to allow our midfielders and full backs, one of whom is usually busy defending, to get higher up the pitch.  It''s not uncommon in the PL to see most teams attack without the blood & thunder of the Championship.  As we saw against Arsenal, we can hit at pace with Redmond (and Pinto!) breaking forward to counter.
Either way, it''s better than watching Johnson give it to Snodgrass, Snodgrass labour his way up the wing, cross it to nobody, and then scowl at the linesman and put his hand in the air.
And for the record, I would have Snodgrass back here like a shot.

Not many thats why not many are managers in the PL !

but thats ok we can wait till he is 40 to find out if he will come good it thats what you want ?

being made a manager in any walk of life is about ability not age ......... And some if not all are about reaching targets and getting results

Yes, but do you not think he''s going to improve as a manager with experience? It''s not about waiting till he''s 40, just giving him till Christmas to see if he can get us to perform at a similar level to last season (if we go down).

''Ability not age'', if that were truly the case then they''d be no hype whatsoever about any of the so-called ''up-and-coming'' managers like Howe, Pochettino, Dyche etc...

We''re way too deep in the season now to consider changing manager, should we go down, why wouldn''t you be prepared to give Neil at least the start of next season?

Everyone is agreed that the team are still fighting for him and no one can deny his championship record. What''s not to like exactly?

The reason people bring up the age thing is because it IS relevant.

How many managers experience the peak of their successes in the first 2 years of their management career? Most definitely none.

Given what Neil has achieved with us last season and at Hamilton ALREADY, I don''t think it''s irrelevant to note his age and consider that he will most likely go on to achieve better things.

Most people said Lambert would go on to achieve better things. Now they slag him off and make out he wasn''t much good when he was with us. Funny thing, folk.

We can''t loan him out to see if he gets better and then get him back, we have to stick with him and see how we do next season whatever division we''re in.

i am not saying him sack him now IF we go down then yes i would sack him

but i understand that will not happen at our club until christmas next season

i just dont get this Alex neil is a going to be great a manager,

i hate to say it but eddie howe has done alot better and remember his team that he built in the summer was blown to bits by injuries

I think Lambert was fantastic here , if you compare lamberts first season in the premier league and AN''s there is only one winner

norfolkbroadslim wrote:

''''Most people said Lambert would go on to achieve better things. Now they ** him off and make out he wasn''t much good when he was with us. Funny thing, folk. ''''

Fair point NBS but couple of discrepancies; Lambert had been a manager 6 years before he reached his ''peak'' with us. More than twice as long as Neil, also about 10 years older than him.

And in hindsight Lambert''s job at Villa doesn''t really look a fair judgement on him personally as a manager, look at what''s happened to them since. Blackburn as well have gotten rid of their 2 best players and goalscorers from last year and have been skimping slowly but surely for the last few seasons. Perhaps he reached his peak with us, but wouldn''t write him off yet.

Regardless, I''m not saying Neil will definitely go on to better things but would rather find out either way with us than see him take someone else on in to premier league establishment. Though I do believe he will do that with us eventually.

What reasons are there for NOT letting him have a crack in the championship next season?

norfolkbroadslim wrote:

''''Most people said Lambert would go on to achieve better things. Now they ** him off and make out he wasn''t much good when he was with us. Funny thing, folk. ''''

Fair point NBS but couple of discrepancies; Lambert had been a manager 6 years before he reached his ''peak'' with us. More than twice as long as Neil, also about 10 years older than him.

And in hindsight Lambert''s job at Villa doesn''t really look a fair judgement on him personally as a manager, look at what''s happened to them since. Blackburn as well have gotten rid of their 2 best players and goalscorers from last year and have been skimping slowly but surely for the last few seasons. Perhaps he reached his peak with us, but wouldn''t write him off yet.

Regardless, I''m not saying Neil will definitely go on to better things but would rather find out either way with us than see him take someone else on in to premier league establishment. Though I do believe he will do that with us eventually.

What reasons are there for NOT letting him have a crack in the championship next season?