Sign in to follow this  
ncfc fan

If we get relegated Alex Neil needs to be sacked

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Incontrivertible proof there then, that AN will get us promoted and be a long term success.  [:|][/quote]Can you prove that he won''t?[/quote]How can what Sean Dyche and Burnley do be in any way used as evidence to show that AN will be a success at Norwich?Along this line of argument (comparing managers) and a genuine question and one which I have not researched.  How many managers have overseen a relegation from the top flight, stayed with the same club, got them promoted and kept them in the top flight for say 3 seasons?[/quote]It proves nothing, but disproves nothing either.But actual statistics prove that changing managers doesn''t guarantee success. [/quote]Nothing in football is guaranteed.  You''d have to be an absolute idiot to believe that you''d be GUARANTEED anything either way, whether you kept AN or not.[/quote]Who has said that we would be?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Incontrivertible proof there then, that AN will get us promoted and be a long term success.  [:|][/quote]Can you prove that he won''t?[/quote]How can what Sean Dyche and Burnley do be in any way used as evidence to show that AN will be a success at Norwich?[/quote]
It can''t.  The point is that here is a relatively rare case of a club sticking with their manager after relegation and coming back up as a result.
Team spirit and morale under AN seems decent. Generally speaking we try to play decent football in the Norwich tradition.
Keeping him is less of a gamble than sacking him.
It sounds like you want someone to give you a hug and tell you it''s all going to be okay, but that''s your lookout.  You are still to offer any alternative suggestions, by the way.  Will you duck another of my requests to name some names?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Incontrivertible proof there then, that AN will get us promoted and be a long term success.  [:|][/quote]Can you prove that he won''t?[/quote]How can what Sean Dyche and Burnley do be in any way used as evidence to show that AN will be a success at Norwich?Along this line of argument (comparing managers) and a genuine question and one which I have not researched.  How many managers have overseen a relegation from the top flight, stayed with the same club, got them promoted and kept them in the top flight for say 3 seasons?[/quote]It proves nothing, but disproves nothing either.But actual statistics prove that changing managers doesn''t guarantee success. [/quote]Nothing in football is guaranteed.  You''d have to be an absolute idiot to believe that you''d be GUARANTEED anything either way, whether you kept AN or not.[/quote]Who has said that we would be?[/quote]Who said that we wouldn''t be?BUT YOU SAID - "But actual statistics prove that changing managers doesn''t guarantee success. "  This is what I was responding to.  

And not changing managers doesn''t guarantee success, no one knows the outcome......but recent Norwich history would indicate a change will occur by January. Funny that no manager who was at helm when relegated under this board has got us promoted, they all fall by January.

The case to keep or change is 50 / 50, I''d stay with AN but I could also see why he might get shown the door if we lose the next three.

But heck none of us know what MacNally has planned, what the criteria and expectations were.

For the time being we''re not yet relegated so it''s immaterial.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Incontrivertible proof there then, that AN will get us promoted and be a long term success.  [:|][/quote]Can you prove that he won''t?[/quote]How can what Sean Dyche and Burnley do be in any way used as evidence to show that AN will be a success at Norwich?Along this line of argument (comparing managers) and a genuine question and one which I have not researched.  How many managers have overseen a relegation from the top flight, stayed with the same club, got them promoted and kept them in the top flight for say 3 seasons?[/quote]It proves nothing, but disproves nothing either.But actual statistics prove that changing managers doesn''t guarantee success. [/quote]Nothing in football is guaranteed.  You''d have to be an absolute idiot to believe that you''d be GUARANTEED anything either way, whether you kept AN or not.[/quote]Who has said that we would be?[/quote]Who said that we wouldn''t be?BUT YOU SAID - "But actual statistics prove that changing managers doesn''t guarantee success. "  This is what I was responding to.  [/quote]Yes, they do.I don''t even know the point you are trying to make any more.Who is your suggestion for our new manager then?

[quote user="Ian"]If we get relegated next season, I think we probably need a manager who meets the following criteria:

a) Has managed in the Championship before.

b) Has gained promotion from the Championship before.

c) Has a high win percentage in the Championship (+60%)

d) Has Premiership experience.

e) Wants to be at NCFC and in our financial bracket.

Anyone know who would tick all those boxes?[/quote]

You''re not thinking about Lambert?

I still don''t get the train of thought that leads to Alex Neil getting sacked.I have seen nothing but people blaming scouting, the board, the poor transfer window and not signing a centre back. But other than a few attention seeking nut jobs here, I have seen very few blaming Alex Neil for the position we are in.The crowd, both home and away are still firmly behind him.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Incontrivertible proof there then, that AN will get us promoted and be a long term success.  [:|][/quote]Can you prove that he won''t?[/quote]How can what Sean Dyche and Burnley do be in any way used as evidence to show that AN will be a success at Norwich?[/quote]
It can''t.  The point is that here is a relatively rare case of a club sticking with their manager after relegation and coming back up as a result.
Team spirit and morale under AN seems decent. Generally speaking we try to play decent football in the Norwich tradition.
It sounds like you want someone to give you a hug and tell you it''s all going to be okay, but that''s your lookout.  You are still to offer any alternative suggestions, by the way.  Will you duck another of my requests to name some names?
[/quote]Yes a rare instance.Ironically we have tried to play decent football in the Norwich tradition against the so called better teams.  We certainly haven''t suffered the thrashings that we did against the big clubs in our previous spell in the PL.  Where we have struggled and not played in the Norwich tradition (if there is indeed one) is against the weaker teams, defeats, lack of goals, lack of / poor game plan or in some cases just not turning up at all (Watford, Bournemouth).  Sans Newcastle at home we have struggled against such teams, struggled to break them down.  Keeping him is more of a gamble than sacking him.If anyone needs a hug it''s you.  I want the best for my club.You want a fan to name AN''s successor?  [:^)]

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="Ian"]If we get relegated next season, I think we probably need a manager who meets the following criteria:

a) Has managed in the Championship before.

b) Has gained promotion from the Championship before.

c) Has a high win percentage in the Championship (+60%)

d) Has Premiership experience.

e) Wants to be at NCFC and in our financial bracket.

Anyone know who would tick all those boxes?[/quote]

You''re not thinking about Lambert?[/quote]
Can''t be, disqualified under point (e)
Plus probs off to Celtic.

No doubt Morty, he''s still has majority of the fans behind him and will going into next season.

But we''ve not got a say in the matter, it might be the board have someone else lined up, they might not be happy getting relegated and expected AN to keep us up, AN might even go somewhere else, who knows what the summer will bring.

I''m happy to see him stay, I would like an experienced number two, like a Phelan type though, that might help AN too.

Just my thoughts.

"Keeping him is more of a gamble than sacking him."Can you put some meat on the bones of that at all?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Incontrivertible proof there then, that AN will get us promoted and be a long term success.  [:|][/quote]Can you prove that he won''t?[/quote]How can what Sean Dyche and Burnley do be in any way used as evidence to show that AN will be a success at Norwich?[/quote]
[/quote]Yes a rare instance.Ironically we have tried to play decent football in the Norwich tradition against the so called better teams.  We certainly haven''t suffered the thrashings that we did against the big clubs in our previous spell in the PL.  Where we have struggled and not played in the Norwich tradition (if there is indeed one) is against the weaker teams, defeats, lack of goals, lack of / poor game plan or in some cases just not turning up at all (Watford, Bournemouth).  Sans Newcastle at home we have struggled against such teams, struggled to break them down.  Keeping him is more of a gamble than sacking him.If anyone needs a hug it''s you.  I want the best for my club.You want a fan to name AN''s successor?  [:^)][/quote]
I would merely like you to give some suggestions or plausible candidates because "anyone but Neil" is weak beyond belief.  And once I again I notice you have failed to come up with a single candidate.
I also disagree with your logic in throwing out a manager with an excellent Championship record and a good team spirit in favour of the unknown.

[quote user="morty"]I still don''t get the train of thought that leads to Alex Neil getting sacked.I have seen nothing but people blaming scouting, the board, the poor transfer window and not signing a centre back. But other than a few attention seeking nut jobs here, I have seen very few blaming Alex Neil for the position we are in.The crowd, both home and away are still firmly behind him.

[/quote]Where have you been?  I have seen quite a few blaming AN."attention seeking nut jobs" lol.

[quote user="morty"]"Keeping him is more of a gamble than sacking him."Can you put some meat on the bones of that at all?[/quote]
Of course he can''t, it''s one more blowhard using hindsight as a stick to beat the club with.  Yet when you ask for a bit of vision for the future, it all goes quiet over there.
FFS, Norfolk.

I bet alot of people are in the same position as me.

Don''t want to see him sacked but wouldn''t be particularly bothered if he left.

[quote user="Indy"]No doubt Morty, he''s still has majority of the fans behind him and will going into next season.

But we''ve not got a say in the matter, it might be the board have someone else lined up, they might not be happy getting relegated and expected AN to keep us up, AN might even go somewhere else, who knows what the summer will bring.

I''m happy to see him stay, I would like an experienced number two, like a Phelan type though, that might help AN too.

Just my thoughts.[/quote]Well of course we all know we don''t have a say, but I shall point you in the direction of the following meme :-(This is a general point, and not aimed at you)[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/10984272_846246542098539_5000277032591529162_n_zpsz8szsxt8.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/10984272_846246542098539_5000277032591529162_n_zpsz8szsxt8.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Fair point Morty, but we''re not talking about a risk assessment offshore where we all have a direct say, this is a forum where it''s an open discussion, any solution posed on here is about as useful as a chocolate fire guard.

Debating with a view and backing the view I can understand that''s not whining is it?

[quote user="Indy"]Fair point Morty, but we''re not talking about a risk assessment offshore where we all have a direct say, this is a forum where it''s an open discussion, any solution posed on here is about as useful as a chocolate fire guard.

Debating with a view and backing the view I can understand that''s not whining is it?[/quote]I don''t disagree.But read back at the exchange between bor and NBS. It highlights the point I was making.He wants Alex Neil sacked, but won''t commit to coming up with a suggestion for the new manager.Just saying you want the manager sacked is really only half an opinion.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Incontrivertible proof there then, that AN will get us promoted and be a long term success.  [:|][/quote]Can you prove that he won''t?[/quote]How can what Sean Dyche and Burnley do be in any way used as evidence to show that AN will be a success at Norwich?[/quote]
[/quote]Yes a rare instance.Ironically we have tried to play decent football in the Norwich tradition against the so called better teams.  We certainly haven''t suffered the thrashings that we did against the big clubs in our previous spell in the PL.  Where we have struggled and not played in the Norwich tradition (if there is indeed one) is against the weaker teams, defeats, lack of goals, lack of / poor game plan or in some cases just not turning up at all (Watford, Bournemouth).  Sans Newcastle at home we have struggled against such teams, struggled to break them down.  Keeping him is more of a gamble than sacking him.If anyone needs a hug it''s you.  I want the best for my club.You want a fan to name AN''s successor?  [:^)][/quote]
I would merely like you to give some suggestions or plausible candidates because "anyone but Neil" is weak beyond belief.  And once I again I notice you have failed to come up with a single candidate.
I also disagree with your logic in throwing out a manager with an excellent Championship record and a good team spirit in favour of the unknown.
[/quote]As weak as an ''anyone but AN'' argument might be, equally as weak, would be a standpoint of  ''unless a fan can name a better, realistic replacement, then that proves AN is the best man for the job'' argument is.Especially given that, this question is coming from those with the belief that AN is the best man for the job, so one would assume that they have therefore thought of who might be a realistic option, to come to have come to their conclusion.  Myself and others could list 20, 30, 40 50, managers, but you are highly unlikely to agree that any of them would be a better option than AN given your standpoint.By posing such a question what you have tried to do is to create an impossible situation on the side of those who would get rid of AN.  If people don''t answer, then you would argue that this proves that they can''t name anyone and therefore AN is the best man for the job.  If they do give names, they would be shot down as either being not good enough or unrealistic.  As Indy quite rightly says - "But we''ve not got a say in the matter, it might be the board have

someone else lined up, they might not be happy getting relegated and

expected AN to keep us up...."How many were singing the virtues of Alex Neil, the man who you now believe is the best man for the job, before we appointed him?  Had Alex Neil been named as realistic and good replacement for Hughton/Adams, what response would that have got???

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"]Fair point Morty, but we''re not talking about a risk assessment offshore where we all have a direct say, this is a forum where it''s an open discussion, any solution posed on here is about as useful as a chocolate fire guard.

Debating with a view and backing the view I can understand that''s not whining is it?[/quote]I don''t disagree.But read back at the exchange between bor and NBS. It highlights the point I was making.He wants Alex Neil sacked, but won''t commit to coming up with a suggestion for the new manager.Just saying you want the manager sacked is really only half an opinion.[/quote]See my post above fella.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"]Fair point Morty, but we''re not talking about a risk assessment offshore where we all have a direct say, this is a forum where it''s an open discussion, any solution posed on here is about as useful as a chocolate fire guard.

Debating with a view and backing the view I can understand that''s not whining is it?[/quote]I don''t disagree.But read back at the exchange between bor and NBS. It highlights the point I was making.He wants Alex Neil sacked, but won''t commit to coming up with a suggestion for the new manager.Just saying you want the manager sacked is really only half an opinion.[/quote]See my post above fella. [/quote]Does it have your suggestion for the new manager in it?

If I had a choice I''d bring in Brendan Rodgers, but beyond that I can''t say there''s anyone out there who would be streets ahead of AN''s CV.

I know that without huge wages and big budget Rodgers wouldn''t even sniff at City, so as much as that''s who I''d like its never going to happen.

Just my two pence worth for a replacement.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Incontrivertible proof there then, that AN will get us promoted and be a long term success.  [:|][/quote]Can you prove that he won''t?[/quote]How can what Sean Dyche and Burnley do be in any way used as evidence to show that AN will be a success at Norwich?[/quote]
[/quote]As weak as an ''anyone but AN'' argument might be, equally as weak, would be a standpoint of  ''unless a fan can name a better, realistic replacement, then that proves AN is the best man for the job'' argument is.Especially given that, this question is coming from those with the belief that AN is the best man for the job, so one would assume that they have therefore thought of who might be a realistic option, to come to have come to their conclusion.  Myself and others could list 20, 30, 40 50, managers, but you are highly unlikely to agree that any of them would be a better option than AN given your standpoint.By posing such a question what you have tried to do is to create an impossible situation on the side of those who would get rid of AN.  If people don''t answer, then you would argue that this proves that they can''t name anyone and therefore AN is the best man for the job.  If they do give names, they would be shot down as either being not good enough or unrealistic.  As Indy quite rightly says - "But we''ve not got a say in the matter, it might be the board have

someone else lined up, they might not be happy getting relegated and

expected AN to keep us up...."How many were singing the virtues of Alex Neil, the man who you now believe is the best man for the job, before we appointed him?  Had Alex Neil been named as realistic and good replacement for Hughton/Adams, what response would that have got???[/quote]
You are missing the point, massively so.
I want Alex Neil to stay.  You don''t, and yet you can''t tell me a suitable candidate you think we could replace him with.  So your argument is "Anyone but Neil", and you are trusting the board & selection panel to pick a better manager.  I''m not sure of your overall record re pro/anti-board, but I would suggest you doubt they are 100% right all the time.  So you want to get rid of a successful Championship manager and trust the board & selection panel to get someone "better".
I say we should stick, you say we should twist. I roughly know what we''re getting by sticking as I see the team spirit and camaraderie in the current squad and think we will strengthen further in the summer.  
While I''m sure it''s well intentioned, you have no idea what your option would lead to.

[quote user="Indy"]If I had a choice I''d bring in Brendan Rodgers, but beyond that I can''t say there''s anyone out there who would be streets ahead of AN''s CV.

I know that without huge wages and big budget Rodgers wouldn''t even sniff at City, so as much as that''s who I''d like its never going to happen.

Just my two pence worth for a replacement.[/quote][Y]

No, Indy, much more recent than that.

I''ll give you a subtle clue, his initials are AN.

And about Brendan Rogers, now there''s a guy who has a proven track record of buying quality strikers.

Was just jesting Ian, but Rodgers has the knack in smaller teams and budgets, like many others who have this need to give it a go with the big boys...and fail.