Sign in to follow this  
firststeps

Naismith has signed.

I so hope a photographer gets them to recreate this photo[:D][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpspkxpslbr.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpspkxpslbr.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Welcome Steven![IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/b8ts9l.jpg[/IMG]

Glad to get this one over the line. Should be a decent signing for us and from all accounts sounds like a top guy to boot. Good to see us so active in the window. All we need now is another winger and a striker to replace Lafferty and Hooper in the squad for a perfect window.

Really, really pleased with this signing. Proven player at this level with at least 2 of his best years still to come. Works hard, which is key to a team fighting for every point like we are, yet enough quality and in particular, a fantastic finisher when 1 on 1.

[quote user="morty"][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpspkxpslbr.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpspkxpslbr.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/quote]I said "on me ''ead" not on me bleedin lips. [:''(]

Lessingham Canary wrote

"Up there with the signing of Huckerby (not just Naismith) but the fact we signed 5, 4 decent first teamers, magic ! "

"Chalk flew up". You cannot be serious man!!

Well this has alleviated any fears any of us had about spending money, thats nearly 15 million quid we have splashed in the last few days.I would say the board are definitely backing Alex Neil!

FRom the Beeb live web page, a quote by Naismith:

"Norwich have displayed class in the way they''ve done their business all the way through. They''ve shown how much they wanted me, which is great, and I''m delighted to be here."

Was he programmed to say that - or have all the naysayers on here no real clue at all?

This is fantastic news. Biggest spending we have ever done. An Everton supporting friend says he can be awful at times with his touch but then hammers in a goal. The fans love him. He is a fantastic bloke too. Never forgets his roots and other peoples lives. As my previous thread notes we now have 3 completely motivated players, all of whom saying they will fight the cause for us. One more would be fantastic, loan or not

I signing a striker now would be the cherry on the top ,

got a great premiership no 10 / attacker in Naismith

pinto should be better than what we have

klose is better than any CB we have

and javis has shown he is a good player for us

very happy with the clubs window so far

[quote user="unique"]About bloody time!

Do other clubs have such protracted transfers?

We could all have read ''War and Peace'' back to front the time it''s taken to put this to bed.......[/quote]

I suspect his ankle knock delayed things with the medical. I also get the impression that Martinez is a bit of a pedant and awkward to deal with.

Just a point of order here. Looking at the photos Naismith looks like he has gone from blonde to ginger.

Has anyone got any stats to see if that happened before?

YC Wrote;

Brilliant signing same price as Grabban more or less. Lets hope we can keep him fit and help us to stay up

That for me its it in perspective, what a great bit of business.

Great buy, will add a lot to us going forward with clever runs, dose anyone else think that''s us done this window? I haven''t heard any other rumours of any players

No one knows the exact figures of these transfers, but if we argue the Klose / Grabban fess were similar, and Jarvis / Pinto for around 5 mill, then Naisy at 8 mill thats approx 13 mill spent so far, so likely a "bulk" sum as DM said.  Of course there may be outs with Hoops or Laffs, if both go then we all presume City would swoop 1 more, could be anyone or no one. With 13 million spent, i dont buy the notion that another big big signing is on the way, especially when DM is the guy who says the bulk is done.Not a complete NCFC by any means, always room for  more, but at a time when its right, overall though, City have adressed the areas that needed adressing, and we have 3 new players to look forward to making their debuts, when did that last happen? Good work NCFC.

Great news and fantastic that we didn''t have to wait for a new CB and quality forward through the agonies of a deadline day too.

I bet we will chase Haller to the wire and if that fails have a loanee striker up our sleeves if that fails.

Well firststep, so what information do you have that weare to make one more big signing? The CEO has said bulk of our buiness has been done, just interested to know where you have heard this from.

firststep thoughts??

Good to be signing players rather than rely on the old ones. but not so overjoyed on Naismith being one of them, hardly amazing, but eveyone on here seems to rate him so I guess its a good player for where we are and hopefully its all good. Curious point we now have a 25man squad filled and we also have 3 of the Rangers players that refused to join the newco when they went bust. Whittaker, Lafferty and Naismith.

Awesome news, a superb signing. I think there is one more to come, drives a Ferrari or his agent does, seen @ Sprowston Manor. Would like to tell you I really would.