Sign in to follow this  

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]When I say ''this'' shirt, I mean the actual one not the above.Not that the above is horrible, it''s just not correct application of Brand ID.  And to Graphic Designer''s that''s akin to playing players out of position.[/quote]I understand what you mean.Thanks for the professional insight. It''s much appreciated.

As others have said, I think this would have been a cracking design had we not had to slap the sponsor logo over the top and "break" the design.
As it is, it''s not the Colmans mustard yellow travesty of 1996-7 (I think) but it''s not the Asics glory days either.

Yeh, what a pity, It would have looked good had Aviva not totally ruined the effect of the green and yellow equal halves. So they now have their brand plastered to a shirt most find pretty awfull. Brilliant. ! ()Not).

Sorry - but it''s a massive no from me. Yellow shirts, green shorts are fine.

Cannot believe anyone signed this garbage off.

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]When I say ''this'' shirt, I mean the actual one not the above.Not that the above is horrible, it''s just not correct application of Brand ID.  And to Graphic Designer''s that''s akin to playing players out of position.[/quote]

I''m sure all you say is correct Andy but both parties have ended up losing out somewhat. Aviva (who I suspect won''t be hugely bothered) have their name plastered over a hugely unpopular shirt whereas with a little vision and flexibility I am sure something could have been sorted out. Conversely, if the club were aware of the Aviva requirements re the block backing the logo then they should have ditched the idea of a half and half shirt from the off as the two are clearly not compatible.

Has anyone made a new kit "Downfall" video yet showing Hitler voicing his displeasure of the Aviva logo placement?

Sadly it looks like a case of when someone who doesn''t work in design signs off something creative.

Mason47 - Your designs are always 100 times better than the ones selected by the club. It''s almost a "what could of been" moment every time we release a shirt. But just out of interest, what would the real shirt have looked like if Aviva''s alternative logo variation (a black box and white writing/logo) was used? Just curious.

The box wouldn''t be so bad if it was integrated into the look to make it look like it was meant to be there. As many others have mentioned, it instead looks like someone came up with the ''No Place Like Home'' idea and the overall design, then Aviva strode up and slapped a great big hole in the middle to plaster their logo on like an afterthought.
[img]http://s29.postimg.org/wjkbjvfkn/Umbro.png[/img]
(I hope I remember now, how to post photos)
@Robornio, is it a solid black box with white writing you''re talking about?

[quote user="Mason 47"]
The box wouldn''t be so bad if it was integrated into the look to make it look like it was meant to be there. As many others have mentioned, it instead looks like someone came up with the ''No Place Like Home'' idea and the overall design, then Aviva strode up and slapped a great big hole in the middle to plaster their logo on like an afterthought.
@Robornio, is it a solid black box with white writing you''re talking about?
[/quote]

Good design Mason,  exactly what was required with the right symmetry and balance using the same concept.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Mason 47"]
@Robornio, is it a solid

black box with white writing you''re talking about?
[/quote]

Good design Mason,  exactly what was required with the right symmetry and balance using the same concept.

[/quote]

Yeah, that is far better

If you were designing something, you would hope that most people would like it.   Interesting that the survey done by the EDP shows so far about a 50-50 split - half the voters ok with it, half not ok with it.  I know it''s only a straw poll, but it does suggest that  the design does not have broad appeal and for me its a shame that going back into the premiership with a kit that around 50% of fans don''t really like.   

I don''t see why we can''t just have a yellow shirt with some green trimming bits. All these new ones look to me as though someone is just trying too hard. But yellow and green will always be tough colours to make look good.

I have only ever bought one yellow NCFC shirt for playing football in when I needed a yellow one so I can''t get particularly excited about what blocks and shapes my team plays in so long as I know which is my team when they run on the pitch! The white away one from a few years back was good though, a bit more useful as a sports top.

On the edp story about the shirt they claim they started designs in October...... Surely they must have finished designing it by October 2nd.

Just can''t believe they people who gave it the go ahead liked this. Because it seems to be getting well and truly panned like no other norwich shirt I remember.

And the put the price up is even more laughable. Because we haven''t put it up in 6 years and it''s more in line with other shirt prices. Well guess what you don''t have to put your prices up to be inline with other clubs. I think £45 is more than enough.

Soon as we get back up to the PL the milking begins.

Doesn''t look too bad from the back![URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpsmdux1uqm.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpsmdux1uqm.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

@Mason47 I did indeed. But since realised that Aviva tend to use a white box with a coloured logo, rather than the rate black box and white logo/typography. Would still look better than the yellow box used on the shirts.

[quote user="Mason 47"][img]http://s2.postimg.org/mgv3wi995/avivaaway.png[/img]
The next step...?
[/quote]

Heh. Very good. Just need to add an image of an unsightly hotel somewhere in the corner (the shoulder, perhaps?) and it will be complete.

My now considered opinion is that it looks better in the flesh and I don''t mind it at all. I quite liked the idea of the half-and-half kit and it is a bit of a shame it had to be compromised by the sponsor logo, but c''est la vie.

[quote user="lake district canary"]If you were designing something, you would hope that most people would like it.   Interesting that the survey done by the EDP shows so far about a 50-50 split - half the voters ok with it, half not ok with it.  I know it''s only a straw poll, but it does suggest that  the design does not have broad appeal and for me its a shame that going back into the premiership with a kit that around 50% of fans don''t really like.    [/quote]

I''d say it goes further than that really LDC because only about 20% say they actually like it. the others who don;t dislike it just think its "ok."

I''d be amazed if there have been many kits we''ve brought out in recent years where only 20% of fans say they actually like it and the shame is , as Mason has shown above, that its all down to a lazy/dreadful design solution on how to accommodate the Aviva badge. Any of these genuine half and half shirts or the one designed by Mason above I would have bought myself and my son but I won;t buy the shirt the club has released because frankly its embarrassingly bad,