Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Wigan match thread

No chance of us troubling the play off positions playing like this.

[quote user="JF"]No chance of us troubling the play off positions playing like this.[/quote]
Clearly the thought has been - keep a clean sheet today - and build from there.  Some common sense from Phelan?  Makes Adams appointment look even more ridiculous imo.
I must admit I wouldn''t want Mackay''s job, Wigan look dire, and bereft of strikers!

[quote user="ricardo"]Is this the turning point at last?[/quote]

I hope so but my god that second half was poor

It wasn''t a convincing performance by any means but as others have said a win is a win.

A much needed win in fact, the big question will be whether we can build on this next week.

A win might be a win, but on today''s showing don''t expect a top 6 finish.

Thank God for that. Dreadful game but a mighty 3 points. Well done Neil and team[Y]

[quote user="ricardo"]Is this the turning point at last?[/quote]Could be.We have played a lot better than that, and lost.

Immense result against the second worst team in the division. Happy days are here again. Onwards and Upwards to the mighty Huddersfield at Fortress Carra.

We play well & lose = people moanWe play poorly & win = people moanA goal & a clean sheet away from home = you only need to win 1-0 for 3 pointsI''ll take it

what are you on about rob? We need to grind out these results. I feared when we were playing 4 centre mids we would try and play the way we have done, but we played for the first time ''smart football.'' I think well done to everyone. We needed a win and we played in a way that would most likely get us the points. However, we''ve needed a win for the last 10 games so why didn''t we play this style of smart football before? Perhaps Mike Phelan?

[quote user="tenpenny"]A win might be a win, but on today''s showing don''t expect a top 6 finish.[/quote]Small steps, 1touch, small steps....

[quote user="ricardo"]Is this the turning point at last?[/quote]

Be honest Ricardo, was a great result but we beat a team who are in worse state than us.

Is it a turning point, well we play Huddersfield at home next which should be a game these players look forward to, win that and get a result at Derby we can say this was a turning point, draw at home next week and lose at Derby and no not really.

A good result with another very nervy performance and those who gave Ruddy hell should be thanking him this week.

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="ricardo"]Is this the turning point at last?[/quote]

I hope so but my god that second half was poor[/quote]The quality is irrelevant.We badly needed to break this spell where we kept conceding silly goals. You could see how it was affecting the confidence of the team.Now lets get the season back on track.

Climbed above Charlton, Forest and Cardiff up to 8th which must be good news. Wigan were poor but after our shot to bits performance against Reading it was an improvement.

Great RESULT, performance pretty dire but Wigan were awful and didn''t make for a good game. Glad we won, let''s start a run going to get us near the top come the New Year!

Well there''s a few of the usual posters missing from the thread this week. Unless they''re using different log ins. There''s also seems top be huge disappointment that we won.

But looks like the team are digging in and have realised you have to work for every point in this league. I hope so anyway. And it also looks like they''ve adopted a siege mentality against some of our own fans. I hope that''s true too.

Don''t care how we won the only important thing is that we won and that we''ve moved up to 8th and the lads will take some confidence from that performance. Another win next week at home and we''ll be back in the mix, happy girlie tonight [:)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Well there''s a few of the usual posters missing from the thread this week. Unless they''re using different log ins. There''s also seems top be huge disappointment that we won.

But looks like the team are digging in and have realised you have to work for every point in this league. I hope so anyway. And it also looks like they''ve adopted a siege mentality against some of our own fans. I hope that''s true too.[/quote]Wigan have 1 win in 14 , its hardly a win to get too excited about , afraid if they had lost 4-0 you would still have been happy Nutty . Majority never wanted Adams and the majority want him gone . Do we put this win down to Adams ? or is it Phelans input ? sad if Adams has to claim somebody elses good work as his own just to try prove Delia made a good decision .