Sign in to follow this  
Angry man

RVW is off to France then???

I would prefer the RVW situation to be stalled until we know what will happen with Hooper.

Imho, it is likely Hooper will be leaving, perhaps right at the death of the window, and if so happens, with RVW loaned out, we will be short upfront.

Based on a fans view (what do we know anyway), it seems RVW would like to stay and have a go at it, if given the chance. It may be we are fooled by positive tweets, etc, but I have a genuine feeling the bloke would like to stay and pay back his transfer fee.

Maybe I am naive, maybe not. But for a club of our stature to push him out...well...it gives me a bad taste in my mouth.

And, when Adams speaks of playing positive attacking football, then certainly RvW would be a good choice as one of the strikers.

If he is loaned out to St.Etienne, which is being reported, there is also a report claiming they got a buy option of 6 mill EUR at the end of the loan.

If we do the maths, I elect RvW to be at around 40k pounds per week before any eventual wage reduction due to relegation. That would be 2 mill pounds per year.

If he is loaned out for a year, it is 2 mill saved. IF he is then sold at a pre-arranged deal of 6 mil EUR, which is around 5,5 mill pounds, we will recoup most of our outlay on him.

But then again, we may lose a gem that will later score for fun.

Difficult choice to make.

I´m torn, but the safest option would be to try to recoup as much of the outlay as possible, and lay your eggs in other baskets.

However, it is sad to judge the player on one season in EPL, and with a very poor manager at the helm playing negative football.

Great news are far as I''m concerned. The bloke has been nothing short of an utter disaster and has cost (and is still costing) us a fortune. We simply cannot afford to risk another season of RVW playing like he did last time around.

I saw absolutely nothing in his style of play that would be suited to championship football and personally I couldn''t be more pleased that he''s gone. Get rid of Bassong now and try and build some team spirit based on everyone pulling their weight and not thinking they are too good for this level.

Agree, great move for all involved. Feel sorry for him as he comes across as a great person but also very frustrated. That could be self frustration with how it has gone for him personally or how he has been treated, we will never truly know I guess.

I get the whole play him and see how he goes conversation, but we can''t afford to do that in the Championship, our aim has to be promotion and is he the kind of player that is going to set the Championship on fire, well looks as though we won''t know but imagine if we kept him here and he didn''t?!?

Of course there is no guarantees that Lafferty and Grabban will but they know this league, the style of football so should adapt to it, or hopefully hit the ground running. The same can be said for Hooper and Becchio (if they stay).

If he goes and is a success and we get promoted you hope he comes back a more confident player, if not then we review again.

It''s likely that he''s the kind of player that doesn''t get on with English football, certainly wouldn''t be the first or the last!

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]The only reason any of us could think he wants to stay at Norwich is because of a few Tweets - the guy isn''t stupid and going to come out and say "I hate it here and want to leave". He''s being professional and will play for the club he is at, doesn''t mean he actively wants to stay in Norwich and I''m sure he jumped at the chance to play for a team in the Europa League and regain some of his reputation.[/quote]
Look at the facts, he''s lost his shirt number, been moved down the rankings effectively and as publicly humiliating as that is he has continually stressed his desire to play for the team.  Even made comment that it''s only a number, this is at times where he need not say anything.
If he wanted away he would be stressing how he wants to be back in the top leagues as soon as possible, or not saying a thing, but instead, following any major news surrounding him he is quick to state how he wants to play for us.
I don''t read that any other way than the club trying to push him out, and within the confines of his relationship with the club he''s wanting us to know it''s not his doing, however i think that his comments around this are probably rattling the chief exec even more as he''s fighting a PR battle himself since relegation.

If he''s not going to a first choice, I see no point in keeping him here. I''d like to have seen what he could do, but maybe he''s just to expensive for the club to gamble on.

Bizarrely like some others, I have no problem with the club keeping RVW to see if he could deliver this season, that is even after his, lets be honest, pathetic contribution last season.......even taking into consideration the strongest views regarding CH''s tactics, he should have delivered more and has so much to prove.

But, I have also suggested, along with a few others, that a season long loan to a club outside of England would be the best option all round, and this is what appears to be happening.

The whole RVW affair is a strange one, but lets hope it has a happy ending, with him notching loads of goals elsewhere, his value then increasing as a result and our club either using him next season in the EPL (yep I am expecting us to be promoted) where he notches a few (unlikely perhaps?) or, moving him on for a decent fee.

Yeah decisions made, he''s not going to be first choice, let''s just stick with a few up front and hope they do the biz. If we get injuries or they fail to score then there''s always the January window where we could pay an over-inflated fee for someone.

He''s going to cost us a whole million quid to keep on the books this season too, we''d only be able to recoup that if we had ambitions for promotion... so you''re right, no point... It will only unsettle our forwards if we had competition for places too.

Agree Hairy. Too great a risk to go with him as first choice in the Championship. If he does not find his scoring touch pretty much immediately then that could make a promotion push an awful lot harder.

The smart option is to go with the proven scorers at this level and if RvW was here use him off the bench. An option that that has probably prompted the bit part comments. Which then makes him an expensive bench warmer.

For some reason that is not logical we have all become besotted with Ricky and want him to succeed despite all the evidence that we are probably backing a loser. I would put myself in that category.

Time to get over it and accept that if a loan is available with possible sale to recover much of the money invested in him then that is a good business decision.

OTBC

[quote user="Angry man"]Not in squad tonight even though he is fit , or is he still in France ??.[/quote]

Where have you seen tonights squad?

Bassong and RvW were our most ineffective players last season. It is a measure of the stature of Adams - and I give him credit for this - that in the former''s case he is not training with the first team and will likely leave, and RvW looks set to depart. RvW lacks physicality, touch and movement, and would not score double figures in the Championship. It is obvious that no club would be prepared to purchase him outright so a loan is the only deal to be done in the circumstances. Credit to DMcN too.

We do need to replace him with another striker .  

Going with just lafferty, hooper and grabban is inadequate (assuming becchio remains frozen out) and while loza is a genuinely exciting prospect he can only be used and  be relied  upon sparingly - as with redmond he will need time to become a regular option  - although its easy to see himhaving a couple of  3-6 games spurts of starting.

Many seem to agree that RVW is too risky to rely on for a good start to the Champs but on the other hand he will not be able to prove himself by coming off the bench. Loan just seems ideal to me and indeed what many were suggesting towards the end of last season. Zipper- wasn''t Carlton Morris in the squad for the Nice game? If so would be another back up for use here and there. How good it would have been to still have had James Vaughan on the books though.

I know, we''ve named a 19 man squad for tonight. Unless the under 21''s are playing elsewhere, why not just name Bassong, Bunn and Becchio in this squad? Seems strange.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Barbie"]http://carrowroad.net/carrow/images/1stwizzio.jpg Doesn''t exist at that location.[img]http://carrowroad.net/carrow/avatars/members/wiz4aopt.gif[/img][/quote]

Don''t get sweet with me Barbie, if you started treating posters like adults instead of going ''all powerful'' on us then maybe so many wouldn''t be leaving.

[/quote]

The irony is that it is you of all people who have posted this Wiz but I am in agreement with you on this one......threads removed left,right and centre,signatures gone,sticky on the PUPs thread which was asked for over a year ago etc.

If ever there was a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted Archant are now reaping what they have sewn. They will now live on a staple diet of banned posters, multiple account holders and those that communicate by effing and jeffing.

[/quote]Not getting sweet or being all powerful with anyone, not removing posts editing profiles etc etc. Just stating that the image didn''t appear as the image doesn''t exist on the link. TIL - Give me the link you wish pinned and I will oblige.

[quote user="Google Bot"]Yeah decisions made, he''s not going to be first choice, let''s just stick with a few up front and hope they do the biz. If we get injuries or they fail to score then there''s always the January window where we could pay an over-inflated fee for someone.

He''s going to cost us a whole million quid to keep on the books this season too, we''d only be able to recoup that if we had ambitions for promotion... so you''re right, no point... It will only unsettle our forwards if we had competition for places too.[/quote]

RVW is only competition for the other centre forwards if Neil Adams thinks he''s competition, if he''s judged him not to be good enough or a poor fit for the English game and in reality who could blame him, then thats not competition at all. It would be plainly stupid for Adams to have RVW on his big wages sat there in the stands with very little faith in him.

Dont get me wrong i would have liked to have seen what RVW could do in the Championship, but equally on this one i can understand why they are possibly moving him on, lets not forget Adams was also in for another striker in the Coventry player earlier in the summer.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I know, we''ve named a 19 man squad for tonight. Unless the under 21''s are playing elsewhere, why not just name Bassong, Bunn and Becchio in this squad? Seems strange.[/quote]

What''s the point in naming them if Adams doesn''t want to play them? Anyway Becchion played with the U21s last night, possibly Bunn did too but not sure on that one.

Maybe (hopefully) Bassong also has a move lined up. Would be another large lump of salary off Norwich''s books.

I only want one of Fer or RVW to leave.

I have faith that within 3 years they will both prove to be world class and would be great for them to realise that in a Norwich jersey.

[quote user="Crispy"]I only want one of Fer or RVW to leave. I have faith that within 3 years they will both prove to be world class and would be great for them to realise that in a Norwich jersey.[/quote]

World class? Really?

I guess it depends who else you put in that bracket.

For me it''d mean Ronaldo, Messi, Ibrahimovic, Iniesta, Robben, Suarez. Players of that kind of calibre.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I know, we''ve named a 19 man squad for tonight. Unless the under 21''s are playing elsewhere, why not just name Bassong, Bunn and Becchio in this squad? Seems strange.[/quote]

What''s the point in naming them if Adams doesn''t want to play them? Anyway Becchion played with the U21s last night, possibly Bunn did too but not sure on that one.

Maybe (hopefully) Bassong also has a move lined up. Would be another large lump of salary off Norwich''s books.

[/quote]

It would at least stop speculation.

As I said, if they played elsewhere then fair enough. No need for them to play two days in a row. I too now hope Bassong has sorted himself out a move away. I wanted him to stay to see if he could recapture the form he was showing until about 8 months ago but i''d rather he just got on with leaving now as it''s clear he''s off sooner or later.

I''m still hopeful on Fer, Olsson and Redmond as they''re tied down on deals and very much needed still.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Crispy"]I only want one of Fer or RVW to leave. I have faith that within 3 years they will both prove to be world class and would be great for them to realise that in a Norwich jersey.[/quote]

World class? Really?

I guess it depends who else you put in that bracket.

For me it''d mean Ronaldo, Messi, Ibrahimovic, Iniesta, Robben, Suarez. Players of that kind of calibre.

[/quote]

Ahh, good old ''world class''. Overused to the max. I''d say both have a potential to be £20m players if all goes right for them but no more and I wouldn''t call that ''world class''. I wouldn''t put it beyond fer to be an important squad member at somewhere like Man U in the future though.

[quote user="Barbie"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Barbie"]http://carrowroad.net/carrow/images/1stwizzio.jpg Doesn''t exist at that location.

[img]http://carrowroad.net/carrow/avatars/members/wiz4aopt.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Don''t get sweet with me Barbie, if you started treating posters like adults instead of going ''all powerful'' on us then maybe so many wouldn''t be leaving.

[/quote]

The irony is that it is you of all people who have posted this Wiz but I am in agreement with you on this one......threads removed left,right and centre,signatures gone,sticky on the PUPs thread which was asked for over a year ago etc.

If ever there was a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted Archant are now reaping what they have sewn. They will now live on a staple diet of banned posters, multiple account holders and those that communicate by effing and jeffing.

[/quote]

Not getting sweet or being all powerful with anyone, not removing posts editing profiles etc etc. Just stating that the image didn''t appear as the image doesn''t exist on the link.

TIL - Give me the link you wish pinned and I will oblige.
[/quote]

Pete has beaten you to it. Mind you it has taken a year so best we blame him for the mass deletions and signature removals hey Barbie ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Barbie"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Barbie"]http://carrowroad.net/carrow/images/1stwizzio.jpg Doesn''t exist at that location.

[img]http://carrowroad.net/carrow/avatars/members/wiz4aopt.gif[/img]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not getting sweet or being all powerful with anyone, not removing posts editing profiles etc etc. Just stating that the image didn''t appear as the image doesn''t exist on the link.

TIL - Give me the link you wish pinned and I will oblige.
[/quote]

Pete has beaten you to it. Mind you it has taken a year so best we blame him for the mass deletions and signature removals hey Barbie ?

[/quote]

Barbie:

Please answer Til''s points.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]RVW is only competition for the other centre forwards if Neil Adams thinks he''s competition, if he''s judged him not to be good enough or a poor fit for the English game and in reality who could blame him, then thats not competition at all. [/quote]
Then why not sell him if he''s no good? They clearly know his potential but aren''t willing to help him achieve it, or not up to the job.
Mismatch for the English game, then yes, Loan makes perfect sense to showboat him in France and then open up for negotiations on a sale however, that''s a really good point you''ve made.

Whilst you are in denial mode Barbie how come it is ok for Archant to mention Carrowroad.net but any poster starting a thread about a new unmentionable website or putting it in their signature has resulted in virtually instant deletion of at least two threads on the subject plus a blanket ban on signatures ?

I can''t offhand think of another Norwich City player who has so divided opinion. If this move happens it should provide the answer to whether van Wolfswinkel is any good. Ligue 1 is less physically demanding than the Premier League (or the Championship) but a good standard. And St Etienne are a very decent side, having finished fourth last season.Their goals-for total was third, behind only PSG and Monaco, so there shouldn''t be any excuse that he is not getting any service. In terms of fitting in, St Etienne are not a big-city club. Quite similar to Norwich, I suspect. So he ought not to feel too much pressure or weight of expectation.From all aspects it looks the perfect loan move. For van Wolfswinkel, and as a test.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Jenkins"] Good well if that means the Morty character wont be around calling everyone a cock then its good news for this site.[/quote]

The irony is of course, that on the unmentionable other place, I wonder how many realise that the Morty character has got himself installed as chief moderator [:D] .      New beginnings - I wish them well actually - but same people will try to force their hand.   Politics [:(] . 

At least, I suppose it could be said he has plenty of experience at bad behaviour.....

Its ok, I''m just having a quick look, I''m not hanging around.

[/quote]

I''m not in love

So don''t forget it

It''s just a silly phase I''m going through

And just because

I call you up

Don''t get me wrong, don''t think you''ve got it made

I''m not in love, no no, it''s because..

I like to see you

But then again

That doesn''t mean you mean that much to me

So if I call you

Don''t make a fuss

Don''t tell your friends about the two of us

I keep your picture

Upon the wall

It hides a nasty stain that''s lying there

So don''t you ask me

To give it back

I know you know it doesn''t mean that much to me

Ooh you''ll wait a long time for me

Ooh you''ll wait a long time

Ooh you''ll wait a long time for me

Ooh you''ll wait a long time

I''m not in love

So don''t forget it

It''s just a silly phase I''m going through

And just because I call you up

Don''t get me wrong, don''t think you''ve got it made

I''m not in love

I''m not in love

[quote user="Angry man"]Pink un home page states that Ricky is off to St etienne on loan for the season??.

I know he has split the opinions on here , but I for one am disappointed in Adams for allowing this(if it happens).

If as Adams keeps harping on about we are going to play "Attacking Football", then it makes sense to keep and play RVW as with a couple of goals we would see the best of him I''m sure.

Not sure I can say that about our other forwards???.

I guess that''s why Adams our manager and I''m not lol!!.[/quote]I don''t think RVW is a bad striker, could be an average scorer at this level and get between 15-20 goals. But then Hooper, Becchio and Grabben have all proved themselves at this level and scored 20+ goals and Lafferty can do the target man role. To be honest we don''t need all five of them and RVW/Becchio are probably the weak links with RVW less likely to accept Championship football.Might be worth letting him go and letting Morris have a few run outs. I''d like to see our youth team players given a bit more of a go.