Sign in to follow this  
Nexus_Canary

Thanks Chris and Farewell !

Thanks for your hardwork Chris Hughton. Shame your not cut out for Prem management. Your a lovely bloke and your heart and head were in the right place, but I think the Prem has evolved past your dinosaur based tactics. Things had gone stale and this is the best move for everyone. No hard feelings from Norwich and Norwich fans, your still not the worst manager we have had in the last decade and following Lambo was a thankless wantless task, you would always be 2nd best and never truely have our hearts and souls.That said, again, thanks for your work and the signing of a couple of great players, just a shame your tactics failed to use them, especially our strikers and the miss use of our midfield.All the best, and no hard feelings !

Lol. In all seriousness there were some great results and an 11th place finish last season was superb. He will get another job in the Championship and we may be facing him again next season.

No thanks from me............we''re well rid.

[quote user="im spartacus"]agreed but i''m so glad he''s gone [/quote]hehehe yup it honestly feels like that relief you get when you finally break up from a bad relationship. You have been wanting it to end and just riding it through hoping the good times will come back. When its finally over you feel like a great anvil has been removed from your soul.

Shame it didn''t work out, as I''ve said before he''s exactly the type of figurehead you''d pick to represent our club, but the fact is it just wasn''t working.

Relieved he''s gone, made me very uncomfortable seeing such a nice bloke get so much abuse.

Wish him all the best.

I think he did a good job last year and we could easily have gone down after Lambert left and was never really given the credit he deserved for this. I think he has been pretty unlucky this year as well - I think he might reasonably have expected more goals from the three he brought in in the summer - they all have good reputations + injuries to important players at key times.However, our recent run has meant that there was no choice. Could anyone see a way out of the downward spiral that we had fallen into without change?I am sure that he will get another job and do well.

He only got the abuse he deserved for being a tactical numbskull good riddance he spoilt many a weekend.

We''ve had some fantastic results over the last two seasons. Hoots definitely goes with my good wishes. Only 3 current PL managers have been at their club longer than he''s been here. That''s the nature of it. And Hughton''s reputation has actually been enhanced by what he has achieved.

I''m sorry to see him go, largely because I''ve just had a pacemaker fitted and have been told to avoid getting unduly excited. With Houghton in charge I could follow our beloved team quite safely.  God knows what''ll happen now, we could win 10-3 next weekend and I might die.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Joaquín El Chapo Guzmán "]YEAH THANKS CHRIS......NOW GO HANG YOURSELF (UNT[/quote]

what a fine example of a human being you are!!!!

god i wish your dad had used a condom![/quote]

Lol love it.

He probably did but he''s devastated the condom split

thanks?....thanks for what?!.....undoing years of hard work ,wasting millions of pounds, destroying the spirit,belief and attacking instinct in our players...and leaving us on the brink of relegation?

"thanks" isn''t what I''m thinking tonight.

After yesterday he had to go as the atmosphere was poisonous and the board has recognised that.Many on here will never hold him in high regard however he led us to one of the highest ever finishes in the history of our club. Despite his pragmatic approach not being to everyone''s liking, we had some memorable moments under him with wins against Man United, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs and Everton, far outweighing Lambert''s record against the big teams whilst at Norwich.Unfortunately he took control of a club which had hit a glass ceiling after 3 years of unparalled success and many judged him on that from the outset.Good luck to him.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

thanks?....thanks for what?!.....undoing years of hard work ,wasting millions of pounds, destroying the spirit,belief and attacking instinct in our players...and leaving us on the brink of relegation?

"thanks" isn''t what I''m thinking tonight.

[/quote]How about thanks for the prospects he has signed, thanks for some memorable wins, and the heights and lows of the prem we experienced under him.he hasn''t left us, he has been sacked. we are also not on the ''brink''. our future is now in our hands, no matter what people think. We are 5 points clear right now, and 7 from the bottom (granted sund have games in hand.) one win would surely see us safe, and realistically 3 of our last 4 have very shaky form. there is no need to talk badly about hughton, it just didn''t work out.The change needed to happen, if it didn''t now it would of in the summer. Adams now has his chance to make his mark on the prem, and the strikers to show what they''ve got.thanks Chris.

A few people need to take a look at themselves on this thread, but moving on....He was exactly the manager we needed after Lambert jacked in. The club needed stability, and common sense management, a more mature style of football that would be sustainable, given our resources. I still stand by my opinion that he worked within very tight restraints regarding the quality of the squad, and I think he was let down a bit by the board this January, we were told all along that there was a "War chest" available, the squad was crying out for a fresh face or two (of decent quality) and we didn''t get them, the reasons why doesn''t matter, the fact is, we decided not to spend the money. If the board didn''t trust Hughton to spend it, then they should have sacked him in December.I wanted Chris Hughton to succeed, because if he was succeeding, so was Norwich City, but I recognise the fact that yesterday, and the obvious loss of teh crowd, made his position untenable. Only time will tell if todays £80 million gamble will pay off.He leaves with my good wishes, he is a decent and honourable man.

Obviously a decent man, and one held in regard by the wider football community. Also someone whose football has bored me to death - right from the Ajax game - but nonetheless was successful in avoiding the drop in his first year. Yes, he has been unlucky with injuries, and maybe we have tried to change too quickly to more technical players (I hate to say this but Ipswich did something rather similar in their first and then second year in the Premiership), and the team just hasn''t gelled. Also he''s not got in the number 10 and new defender they were obviously targeting... that said, the glacial pace and rigidity of this style of football will certainly not be missed. It''s time for a new era, and hopefully still in this league.

[quote user="morty"]A few people need to take a look at themselves on this thread, but moving on....He was exactly the manager we needed after Lambert jacked in. The club needed stability, and common sense management, a more mature style of football that would be sustainable, given our resources. I still stand by my opinion that he worked within very tight restraints regarding the quality of the squad, and I think he was let down a bit by the board this January, we were told all along that there was a "War chest" available, the squad was crying out for a fresh face or two (of decent quality) and we didn''t get them, the reasons why doesn''t matter, the fact is, we decided not to spend the money. If the board didn''t trust Hughton to spend it, then they should have sacked him in December.I wanted Chris Hughton to succeed, because if he was succeeding, so was Norwich City, but I recognise the fact that yesterday, and the obvious loss of teh crowd, made his position untenable. Only time will tell if todays £80 million gamble will pay off.He leaves with my good wishes, he is a decent and honourable man.

[/quote]^ very much this

He was always my first choice to take over from Lambert. I wanted him to do well for a number of reasons. It was not to be. As you said Morty, a couple of people in this thread really do not deserve a voice, that said I am encouraged by the fact that this thread has seen a lot of inners and outters on the same page for  the first time since January :-)

[quote user="JF"]Lol. In all seriousness there were some great results and an 11th place finish last season was superb. He will get another job in the Championship and we may be facing him again next season.[/quote]Never considered that possibility. Knowing our luck, he''d have the same success rate v Norwich as his predecessor has !I''m not going to be hypocritical and say I''m sorry to see CH go. Should have happened months ago imo. But he''s a perfectly competent Champ manager. Just out of his depth in the Prem.